Triple X Wrestling - HALLOWEEN!

Quentin

The plus side to this is that the venue is finally in the hands of permanent owners and they are planning on investing in the building to bring it into the 21st century.

just curious, have you spoke to the new owners? how do they feel bout wrestling?

I can answer this, as we talked about it with Quentin and Corey last night. Apparently they're spending lots of money to bring the building into the 21st century, and are keen to keep TXW there.

do you think there's any chance of a higher roof? i cringe everytime someone flips over the ropes

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The plus side to this is that the venue is finally in the hands of permanent owners and they are planning on investing in the building to bring it into the 21st century.

just curious, have you spoke to the new owners? how do they feel bout wrestling?

I can answer this, as we talked about it with Quentin and Corey last night. Apparently they're spending lots of money to bring the building into the 21st century, and are keen to keep TXW there.

do you think there's any chance of a higher roof? i cringe everytime someone flips over the ropes

How would you know? Your always propping up the bar you AlchyHobbyc!

Tho I do agree, I would shudder to think some one goin for a top rope suplex, or even an electic chair for that matter

Tho I do agree, I would shudder to think some one goin for a top rope suplex, or even an electic chair for that matter

Beer + Wrestling=Win

The ceiling is high enough to do most moves. I've even seen a 450 splash in there.

As for raising the whole thing, that's probably a lot of unnecessary expense that the new owners probably haven't got high up on their list of priorities. Replacing light fittings and redecorating are probably more important.

• 7 months later...
  • Paid Members

A couple of people asked about the current state of play with Triple X in the ZSJ to NOAH thread so here goes...

As mentioned, the old Tam O'Shanter/Jolly Beggar was sold and is now a nightclub called Blok. I have had a little contact with the owners who weren't very enthusiastic in responding. Since my contact I have heard about various drug raids and fights in the club and last month was the scene of a rape on the premises. I absolutely do not wish to associate my product with that sort thing as I'm sure you will all understand so it has been decided that a new venue is in order.

Now in recent months, I have bought my first house, been promoted in my day job and am preparing for my wedding in August and Triple X co-owner Corey Vandal has been in his most crucial months of his final year at uni. With lots going on in the real world and the venue situation (as well as our champion being very, very busy this year), we decided to take a bit of an unannounced hiatus from running Triple X events.

The good news is I am settled in to my job and house and the wedding is almost here, Corey has finished his uni projects and we have been speaking recently about venue hunting and re-launching.

Nothing to announce as of yet but we are far from done and will be back before the year is out.

Thank you all for your understanding and the amazing support over the years.

Quentin. :thumbsup:

Archived