The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

I still enjoy it

His slagging of Jericho goes a bit too far and too frequant and I dont agree with all his comments about Kevin Nash

That being said I agree with him on Flair, Bret and Foley I think he is bang on the money with them 3, I think he still makes some good points his critique of why WWE tour in the UK is not bringing in crowds was spot on last month for example

He also made Dixie Carter look like a complete numpty when he reviewed her shoot interview last month

• Paid Members
SWM (kayfabe) doesnt write for it anymore, that was the only part I legit hated about Powerslam, as opposed to the multitude of things that I hate about Fighting Spirit

I thought he did now under his real name? Or are you talking about the kayfabed version?

SWM (kayfabe) doesnt write for it anymore, that was the only part I legit hated about Powerslam, as opposed to the multitude of things that I hate about Fighting Spirit

I thought he did now under his real name? Or are you talking about the kayfabed version?

SWM (kayfabe)

He also made Dixie Carter look like a complete numpty when he reviewed her shoot interview last month

Whenever Fin talks about Dixie, he makes himself look like a numpty with the "Dixie Carter-Salinas" thing.

I still enjoy it

His slagging of Jericho goes a bit too far and too frequant and I dont agree with all his comments about Kevin Nash

That being said I agree with him on Flair, Bret and Foley I think he is bang on the money with them 3, I think he still makes some good points his critique of why WWE tour in the UK is not bringing in crowds was spot on last month for example

Not seen it yet but from what I've heard Dixie Carter is a complete numpty in the youshoot interview

Still brave of her to do it I guess

I bought Power Slam religiously for 10+ years, but this year I found it was just leaving me completely depressed as a wrestling fan so I stopped. And I've enjoyed watching wrestling more since I stopped being told that everything about it is terrible on a monthly basis.

• Paid Members

Still enjoy reading it, for reviews of PPVs I refuse to pay for, puro/indy happenings and so on. Twitter watch is a laugh too.

Incidentally, those saying "stop banging on about how bad he thinks WWE is" in regards to Martin - it's a bit hard when you produce a monthly magazine reviewing the latest stuff. If they don't put editorial/opinion in, then it would just be a description of what happened. No one would buy that.

• Paid Members
I gave up when Fin started blasting WWE for not bringing up how great a champion Daniel Bryan was in ROH. Fucking idiot.

Did he really say that? What a fucking spacker.

He didn't.

Yes he did. A few months back there was a 4 page story on Daniel Bryan after he was released, it was in there.

Still enjoy reading it, for reviews of PPVs I refuse to pay for, puro/indy happenings and so on. Twitter watch is a laugh too.

Incidentally, those saying "stop banging on about how bad he thinks WWE is" in regards to Martin - it's a bit hard when you produce a monthly magazine reviewing the latest stuff. If they don't put editorial/opinion in, then it would just be a description of what happened. No one would buy that.

The point is that Fin Martin writes a magazine that's mostly devoted to something he's got his heart set on hating, and thus it's just filled with "wrestling is shit" comments. He hasn't got the balls to write a magazine about the wrestling he likes because he knows that the popular wrestling is niche enough, he wouldn't make enough for a loaf of bread writing a magazine that just covers stuff that appeals to niche-of-the-niche spenks like himself. And whilst he hated wrestling during the attitude heyday as well, it seemed like he at least had some enthusiasm for it then. And his cruiser-pushing/young guy-pushing/indie darling-pushing/no storylines necessary/everyone popular sucks stuff was refreshing when it wasn't the same kind of braincell-rape that's spouted by the keyboards of a million divs for free.

It's at the point now where PowerSlam is surely only for people who buy it out of habit. Or dickwarmers who don't know how to use a computer to get their fix of "lol wwe and tna suck, they should be more like the super j cup" thrills... And even those people are probably going to get pissed off with it, because he constantly rips into their heroes Bret Hart and Chris Jericho.

If someone hated all films except Japanese Horror and mumblecore, but started up a magazine that is 90% made up of Hollywood studio blockbuster coverage, it probably wouldn't win many fans either. Most people buying a film magazine with Inception on the cover probably aren't buying it in the hope of the inside being page after page of a bloke moaning about Inception being shite.

• Paid Members

To add to Pity's spot on post, he doesnt make a profit off his twitter account, but he still blabs on about Mick Foley needing a hair cut (he must have forgotten the old "Fin on a Motorbike with smirk" picture from the old Power Slam Mags) and talks about everything he hates on their as well. At least he'd crack a bit of a joke back in the 90s, because the boom period meant his magazines were selling. I dont mind him ripping into people or critiquing stuff, because thats life. But its just the same thing every issue. I only buy it for a good interview now.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart