The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

I got fed up with Power Slam about 10 years ago. It's totally anti-British, as it rarely ever covers UK wrestling unless it's in a critical capacity, criticises WWE, criticises British wrestlers in WWE and TNA, but loves anything from ROH or Japan. It's a terrible publication. Most of its articles (when I stopped subscribing) had an identical format of having a biography of a certain wrestler's career with a couple of paragraphs at the end of the article addressing whatever the point of the article was supposed to be.

I agree. Fin Martin just comes across as bitter. I've not bothered buying this months and I'm not arsed. It started to get really just under two years ago, where he'd bring up somebody like Bret Hart or Mick Foley in an article for no reason, just to slag them off.

Nah. Wrestling isn't anywhere near as good as it used to, and just because someone doesn't like it - doesn't mean he's not allowed to voice his opinion of it in the wish it becomes great again.

Watching someone bum TNA's lousy booking like some here because "It's an alternative to the WWE" is a retarded viewpoint anyway.

Edited by Seratonin

I got fed up with Power Slam about 10 years ago. It's totally anti-British, as it rarely ever covers UK wrestling unless it's in a critical capacity, criticises WWE, criticises British wrestlers in WWE and TNA, but loves anything from ROH or Japan. It's a terrible publication. Most of its articles (when I stopped subscribing) had an identical format of having a biography of a certain wrestler's career with a couple of paragraphs at the end of the article addressing whatever the point of the article was supposed to be.

I am sure the 'terrible publication' made you a few quid back in the day Dean.

• Paid Members
From this logic Fin Martin should just shut up and enjoy wrestling. If he doesn't, stop following it.

Cobblers mate, if he makes a living off it, he continue slagging it off. Wish I could make a living off wrestling even if I hate most of what is "mainstream" and "popular."

The thing that always make me chuckle about PS is even in a month where the decry everything WWE does and praise other feds, it will always be a WWE star on the cover. Makes sense, I know, try and catch the casual purchase. In reality those of us who buy the mag are probably the same who buy it every week, irrespective of who is on the cover. The last time a "non-WWE" talent was on the cover was when Kurt Angle jumped, if that counts. I lost faith in that changing when McGuinness won the ROH title and didnt get the cover. Small fry they might be, but I thought a Brit winning a US fed's title might merit the cover.

From this logic Fin Martin should just shut up and enjoy wrestling. If he doesn't, stop following it.

Cobblers mate, if he makes a living off it, he continue slagging it off. Wish I could make a living off wrestling even if I hate most of what is "mainstream" and "popular."

The thing that always make me chuckle about PS is even in a month where the decry everything WWE does and praise other feds, it will always be a WWE star on the cover. Makes sense, I know, try and catch the casual purchase. In reality those of us who buy the mag are probably the same who buy it every week, irrespective of who is on the cover. The last time a "non-WWE" talent was on the cover was when Kurt Angle jumped, if that counts. I lost faith in that changing when McGuinness won the ROH title and didnt get the cover. Small fry they might be, but I thought a Brit winning a US fed's title might merit the cover.

I think most of their readership are casual WWF fans. A magazine aimed at die-hard wrestling fans who watch ROH etc wouldn't sell enough copies to make the shelves at WH Smith etc. I imagine a lot of kids get their parents to buy the magazine for them when they've already got the WWF magazine that month or whatever.

• Paid Members
I agree. Fin Martin just comes across as bitter. I've not bothered buying this months and I'm not arsed. It started to get really just under two years ago, where he'd bring up somebody like Bret Hart or Mick Foley in an article for no reason, just to slag them off.

Nah. Wrestling isn't anywhere near as good as it used to, and just because someone doesn't like it - doesn't mean he's not allowed to voice his opinion of it in the wish it becomes great again.

Watching someone bum TNA's lousy booking like some here because "It's an alternative to the WWE" is a retarded viewpoint anyway.

No doubt. But I have a problem with him ripping wrestlers, just because. The amount of times I'll be reading an article or news about something and he'll go slightly off-topic to trash Bret Hart etc is a joke. He just comes across like a bitter troll.

You missed my point. I was pointing to someone elses post. Their point was you should just shut up, not have an opinion and don't buy it if you don't like it. Funny that he used this to defend Powerslam, a magazine that is filled proof of Fin Martin 'not liking' the product.

I really don't care if he makes a living trashing wrestling. Some people are into it, I think it's a miserable read.

• Paid Members

Fin Martin is such a bitter fucker, its unreal. Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Hulk Hogan, Vince Russo all pop up into articles with no reason. He seems to actively seak them out in random artcles, just to slag off the people who he hates. He's went past giving credit where its due as well. His SummerSlam review where he failed to mention Bret's performance in it and the loud response but instead mentioned how he "didnt pace himself and blew up". Well of course he didnt. He was only scheduled to be in their for a quick pop and be eliminated. Power Slam used to be funny as fuck and very interesting read. Now its just the home for Fin Martin putting his midlife crisis on paper. He's all about "pushing the young guys" and all that bollocks, but rarely gives reasons why such-and-such should be pushed. The magazine is filled with bitterness and pointlessness. Why would I have any interest in a twitter page in a magazine?

love the personal attacks by the self appointed forum police (Lethal) for daring to post a wrestling topic in a wrestling forum. If you don't like it dont reply/comment. Some people on here make me laugh. This is:

a free forum

not by invite only

not made for a select few

has no 'cant post about your favourite subject' rule

etc

if you dont like what i post why don't you go, and if you can afford to pay

i still buy powerslam religiously and have done for well over a decade now but i agree that fin's critiques are a bit much. i mean this month alone he's pretty much buried the new undertaker dvd and had some critisism for the steamboat one, not to mention the review of summerslam which i thought was a decent ppv bar the cena ridiculousness at the end of the match

Fin Martin is such a bitter fucker, its unreal. Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Hulk Hogan, Vince Russo all pop up into articles with no reason. He seems to actively seak them out in random artcles, just to slag off the people who he hates. He's went past giving credit where its due as well. His SummerSlam review where he failed to mention Bret's performance in it and the loud response but instead mentioned how he "didnt pace himself and blew up". Well of course he didnt. He was only scheduled to be in their for a quick pop and be eliminated. Power Slam used to be funny as fuck and very interesting read. Now its just the home for Fin Martin putting his midlife crisis on paper. He's all about "pushing the young guys" and all that bollocks, but rarely gives reasons why such-and-such should be pushed. The magazine is filled with bitterness and pointlessness. Why would I have any interest in a twitter page in a magazine?

Reading the older issues, he hated it in the attitude era as well. He was always moaning about lack of workrate and saying the WWF did shit PPVs in 1999. But he just didn't seem as bitter about it back then. He was probably making loads more from the magazine at the time.

• Paid Members
Why would I have any interest in a twitter page in a magazine?

You might not, I do. I can't be arsed following anyone on twitter. I like the concise highlights each month.

Powerslam is well worth buying, IMO. I find enough news that I didn't know, I like all of the regular features, the interviews are good and so are most of the biogs. I think they could find a bit more positivity from pro-wrestling and I agree it used to be funnier but I think it's worth a couple of quid a month.