New Japan Pro Wrestling in America 2011

cobystag

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to see Liger live so I pray this isn't false hope!

Why would their be false hope? You don't think he will turn up in the US shows?

He is synonymous with NJPW, not NOAH, so I'd personally figure he'd be a lock for the US shows.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Not sure what Noah has to do with anything but I would almost guarantee he will be NJPW shows, and he has been to the states recently so I would guess he will be.

I'd love to see Liger live so I pray this isn't false hope!

Why would their be false hope? You don't think he will turn up in the US shows?

He is synonymous with NJPW, not NOAH, so I'd personally figure he'd be a lock for the US shows.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Not sure what Noah has to do with anything but I would almost guarantee he will be NJPW shows, and he has been to the states recently so I would guess he will be.

Sorry, I was posting in the NOAH thread too and wasn't concentrating. :blush:

http://www.ring-rap.com/2011/01/04/njpw-an...s-for-u-s-tour/

I'd figure this means he's a lock for the US shows.

Well, if you're still interested, tickets for two of the three shows go on sale TONIGHT at 1am UK time.

No prices have been mentioned......

JAPW Promotions is pleased to present:

Invasion Tour 2011 Attack on The East Coast

The biggest wrestling promotion in Japan is coming to the United States. New Japan Pro Wrestling will present 3 events here beginning Friday May 13, 2011.

May 13, 2011 Rahway Recreation Center, Rahway NJ 8:00 pm Bell. Meet and Greet with the wrestlers at 5:30 pm (Special ticket required) Doors open to all other ticket holders at 7:00pm.

May 14, 2011 The New Basketball City Pier 36 and South Street, NYC. 8:00 Bell. Meet and Greet with the wrestlers at 5:30 pm (Special ticket required) Doors open to all other ticket holders at 7:00 pm.

May 15, 2011 The Arena Philadelphia, PA. 5:00 Bell Meet and Greet with the wrestlers at 2:30pm. (Special ticket required) Doors open to all other ticket holders at 4:00 pm.

From New Japan you will see Jado and Gedo, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Tanahashi, Nakamua, Taguchi, Okada, Giant Bernard, Karl Machine Guns Anderson, Prince Devitt and Kenny Omega plus others to be announced.

From JAPW you will see Low Ki and Homicide, plus others to be announced.

Every night fans will have the opportunity to see all different matches.

Tickets for this historic event will go on sale at 9:00 pm Today January 6th. for the New Jersey and Philadelphia shows. Tickets for the New York event will be on sale shortly.

JAPW Promotions will also announce this weekend a very special clinic for wrestlers on Friday May 13th. This clinic will be conducted by the wrestlers of New Japan and will be attended by their top management and bookers.

Also watch for special appearances by New Japan talent in conjunction with JAPW Promotions as we get closer to this historic event.

If you require any event info please e-mail us at NJPWevent@aol.com.

The link for tickets is www.japw.net/njpw.

New names that have been slipped in there include Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Bad Intentions, Kenny Omega, Low Ki and Homicide.

I thought you were hinting that Liger might be coming over to the UK with NOAH.

I assume it was a hint that he's looking to bring Liger over in the future. Possible even on the 21st/22nd October judging by his sig

If anything I took Marks initial reaction to the timings to be an indication that Mark was looking at booking Low Ki on the shows. Then again, I may have been reading into something that wasn't there.

That's the reason I was gutted when the NJPW dates were given. Especially now Low Ki has been confirmed for the US shows. Still, there's always the 21st/22nd October...

I'm gutted enough I won't be able to get to any of these shows (but then going to NOAH instead is hardly a stab in the heart) so I do hope I get to see Liger live.

Still, if I was going to these NJPW shows, I'd be slightly disappointed with no Goto, Nagata & Kanemoto.

But anyways here's the current roster list for NJPW's US debut:

*Hiroshi Tanahashi

*Prince Devitt

*Karl Anderson & Giant Bernard

*Gedo

*Jado

*Jushin "Thunder" Liger

*Tiger Mask IV

*Satoshi Kojima

*Toru Yano

*Kenny Omega

*Homicide

*Low Ki

*Yujiro Takahashi

*Tetsuya Naito

*Mitsuhide Hirasawa

*Togi Makabe

*Kazuchika Okada

*Shinsuke Nakamura

I would definitely lose Yano, Takahashi, Hirasawa if it meant Goto, Nagata & Kanemoto could replace them. It does seem they are definitely going all out with the amount of guys they're bringing over, especially seen as JAPW are supposedly going to add some more guys to the list.....

I'm gutted enough I won't be able to get to any of these shows (but then going to NOAH instead is hardly a stab in the heart) so I do hope I get to see Liger live.

Still, if I was going to these NJPW shows, I'd be slightly disappointed with no Goto, Nagata & Kanemoto.

But anyways here's the current roster list for NJPW's US debut:

*Hiroshi Tanahashi

*Prince Devitt

*Karl Anderson & Giant Bernard

*Gedo

*Jado

*Jushin "Thunder" Liger

*Tiger Mask IV

*Satoshi Kojima

*Toru Yano

*Kenny Omega

*Homicide

*Low Ki

*Yujiro Takahashi

*Tetsuya Naito

*Mitsuhide Hirasawa

*Togi Makabe

*Kazuchika Okada

*Shinsuke Nakamura

I would definitely lose Yano, Takahashi, Hirasawa if it meant Goto, Nagata & Kanemoto could replace them. It does seem they are definitely going all out with the amount of guys they're bringing over, especially seen as JAPW are supposedly going to add some more guys to the list.....

Hirasawa is there because he's currently in Mexico and they can check his progress without paying for a plane ticket from Mexico to Japan. Yujiro is there so that they can do some NO LIMIT matches. I'm also suprised at how many people they have going over.

• Paid Members
I dont get it in terms of doing NJPW in the USA over NOAH. Surely if you wanted to see NJPW that badly and live in the UK you would go to Japan.

I'm off to Tokyo for two weeks in August. You can probably guess which two weeks.

I'd rather Naito get some singles matches myself....

But with a roster currently 19 strong as well as introducing more JAPW names (I wouldn't mind guys like Brodie Lee, Sami Callihan, Chris Dickinson, B-Boy, etc appearing although I probably wouldn't have ever said that if not for their strong showings in EVOLVE), how large are their cards going to be?

I guess this definitely rules out any TNA involvement.

I dont get it in terms of doing NJPW in the USA over NOAH. Surely if you wanted to see NJPW that badly and live in the UK you would go to Japan.

I'm off to Tokyo for two weeks in August. You can probably guess which two weeks.

I hope you enjoy that. Tokyo is fantastic. If you have time/money try to get to Kyoto for a day or 2. Fantastic city. Expect it to be absolutely swelteringly hot and muggy though in Japan at that time of year.

• 3 weeks later...

from pwinsider.com.....

Friday May 13th in Rahway, NH at the Rec Center:

*Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Homicide & Low Ki.

Saturday May 14th in New York City at Basketball City:

*IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Prince Devitt vs. Low Ki.

Sunday May 15th in Philadelphia at the ECW Arena:

*Rhino vs. Togi Makabe: Street Fight.

Archived