New Japan Pro Wrestling in America 2011

cobystag

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this situation has got even stranger:

CZW AND JAPW TO HOLD DOUBLE HEADER THIS DECEMBER FEATURING JAPW ANNIVERSARY, CZW CAGE OF DEATH AND JUSHIN 'THUNDER' LIGER'S ECW ARENA DEBUT

By Mike Johnson on 2010-10-09 22:26:17

Combat Zone Wrestling and Jersey All Pro Wrestling announced tonight that both promotions will team for a double header event on Saturday 12/11 at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, PA.

JAPW will hold their 13th Anniversary event at the historic venue that Saturday afternoon, including Japanese legend Jushin "Thunder" Liger facing Mike Quackenbush for the first time in a bout that will also double as Liger's debut in the ECW Arena and his first match in Philadelphia (I believe) since 1992.

That evening, CZW will hold their biggest event of the year, their annual Cage of Death event.

There are plans for a bus trip from New York City and New Jersey to the double header. For more information on the trip, email WrestlingBusTrips@gmail.com

Quack vs Liger was announced ahead of time (And I know there's a fair few of you who gave out a collective groan when they saw that, but Quack always wrestles the kind of match his hero is best known for) But I just find it weird that Jushin Thunder Liger is appearing on an AFTERNOON show in the ECW ARENA, before a CZW CAGE OF DEATH show....... That is just insane to me.

• 2 months later...

Well, to be fair, I've already made my mind up that I'll be going to NOAH.

I'm sure there's not that many, if any UK/European fans, would go to NJPW over NOAH.

It'd only be the hardcore NJPW fans who would take the extra expense to travel to America, when if you're after fantastic quality wrestling that weekend, NOAH will offer you the same quality.

It's not good for me cos I'd very selfishly love to do both, but I reckon any cross-over fanbase would be nullified by any extra expense and inconvenience caused by travel.

I guess if you were expecting many Americans to head over for the shows, then that's not good news.

I dont get it in terms of doing NJPW in the USA over NOAH. Surely if you wanted to see NJPW that badly and live in the UK you would go to Japan. I intend in the next year or so to go to a Dome show but wouldnt go out to the states to see them unless I was already going for something else.

So they've officially announced that these shows will take place on Fri-Sun May 13th-15th.

So the same weekend as NOAH Europe then.

Motherfucker.

Hmmm, that isn't good news at all.

Hmm I dont like the sound of this!. Does this mean the shows could be effected in any way?

I dont get it in terms of doing NJPW in the USA over NOAH. Surely if you wanted to see NJPW that badly and live in the UK you would go to Japan. I intend in the next year or so to go to a Dome show but wouldnt go out to the states to see them unless I was already going for something else.

There's still a big price difference between a holiday in the US and one in Japan, plus in the US there's no language barrier. Add to that, that NOAH has already been done (it'll still be an amazing show, no doubt).

Grr, Liger & Gedo announced, I so want to go to these shows. :-(

So they've officially announced that these shows will take place on Fri-Sun May 13th-15th.

So the same weekend as NOAH Europe then.

Motherfucker.

Hmmm, that isn't good news at all.

Hmm I dont like the sound of this!. Does this mean the shows could be effected in any way?

Nope, Just bad timing for all.

Archived