wXw 16 Carat Gold 2011 announced!

lightningxlock

I go to nearly every wXw show and almost every time it's a treat.

Carat is always loaded with fly ins. In the previous versions they've had Matt Sydal, Ian Rotten, Rocky Romero, Kagetora, Shingo, Claudio Castagnoli, Ares, Doug Williams, Chris Hero, Iceman, Davey Richards, Go Shiozaki, Nigel McGuinness, El Generico, Pac, Ryo Saito, Jimmy Jacobs, PCO, Taiji Ishimori, Chuck Taylor, Bryan Danielson, Mike Quackenbush, Naomichi Marufuji, Daisuke Sekimoto, Martin Stone, Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Erick Stevens, Tyler Black, Chris Sabin, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, Munenori Sawa, Yuji Okabayashi and many others.

It's well worth attending.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets speculate any UK talents to appear. Any suggestions UKFF?

Mastiff, I think he has worked there before, Scurll maybe, Sabre, I'm not sure but something tells me some or all of them have appeared before for wXw

With the current uk climate of so few full wrestling weekends looking likely in the near future them I am very interested in giving this a bash, may even be worth forgetting about my fear of flying in order to make the trip....ill have my valium and bottle of gin ready just incase!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, lets keep this abit active. Anyone like to make some predictions as to whos going to be in this years edition? I think they usually announce the first participant in November so fingers crossed we will get somebody during the CZW/wXw shows in afew weeks.

The set up is usually a mix of Brit, American, Japanese and their own native guys.

Brit guys im expecting Zack Sabre Jr, Johnny Moss, Mark Haskins (if available) and maybe Dave Mastiff as he's worked for them this year.

American guys im expecting/hoping for Kenny Omega and Davey Richards as both were set for this years but had to cancel. With the CZW connection maybe Masada? He's been wrestling for them here and there, and the guy has skills outside of DM wrestling so that'd be a wildcard pick but cool nonetheless entry. Bobby Fish would be good with his recent exposure in EVOLVE. Maybe TJP.

Japanese talent is hard to pick. But would LOVE LOVE LOVE Ibushi or KENTA or BOTH!!! I would sacrifice anyone else just for those two I think.

wXw guys im thinking Carnage deffinately this year. The dude is a standout on their roster and come quite a long way in his time. I imagine Walter will still have the strap so not him. Probably Stevie Douglas. Bad Bones is a staple of the tourney. Ares I can see being likely.

I've probably got it all wrong anyway. Over to you guys..

Got 16 Carat 2007 and 2008 on DVD. Fantastic shows.

Oh, and would LOVE to see Sitoci/Ibushi if anyone's interested.

YES YES YES and even more YES!!!! Kostan you are right, the Tremendous One does indeed deserve a place. I think he'll have one too.

Aaaand, if they were to get Ibushi and Omega and they were both eliminated, which would suck BUT...we could get treated to THE GOLDEN LOVERS on nights 2 & 3. YESSSS

Good work. My girlfriend is coming with me :)

Usually November. I remember at the Chikara/wXw Tag World Grand Prix which I attended in November 2008 they announced Alex Shelley as the first participant. And I believe at the Dragon Gate show last year they announced Kagetora as the first. Im expecting the first name at the CZW German shows in 2 weeks

Archived