Sign in to follow this  
patiirc

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

5 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Add Dead Space Extraction to your list as well :D 

Will do. The more the merrier. 

Got a disc only copy of Mario Kart from eBay. The seller claims a few light scratches and is in Very Good condition so I'll see how that goes. 12 quid delivered which could be worse. It's 20 at CEX.

11 hours ago, Merzbow said:

There's another double pack of on rail shooters you might like, Gunblade and LA Machineguns.

Sin & Punishment. 

Yes! That's a great game, one of the best on the system and maybe that generation.

For some reason I didn't really think of it as a rail shooter.

Its probably not the most ideal way but I used brasso back in the day to buff out scratches on my 360 games when I moved the console while the disc was inside. Worth trying if your just going to chuck the disc anyway.

14 hours ago, hallicks said:

I think @Ralphy did some disc fixing with toothpaste a while back? 

i did indeed, i succeeded with my first attempt but didn't do well with a later attempt, it can be pot luck. Youtube or google are great places to look how to do it 

CEX do disc repair for a small fee too 

Apologies in advance but

I want to install the Wcw mod for “No Mercy” on my Mac but don’t know where to start !!

Also the only control pad I have is a ps 4 one , is that likely to work ok or would a different controller be preferred ?

No idea about installing it on a Mac but using a PS4 pad should be as easy as plugging it in via USB, maybe getting Joystick Mapper from the appstore so you can rebind the controls too.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

No idea about installing it on a Mac but using a PS4 pad should be as easy as plugging it in via USB, maybe getting Joystick Mapper from the appstore so you can rebind the controls too.

Cheers man, 

Yeah it should work fine but I guess my question is will it be fucky in terms of button mapping !!

If the emulator has issues with the pad then joystick mapper will let you rebind the buttons to keyboard keys, it's some extra steps but should work perfectly. I used to have to do it on PC years back.

Can anyone recommend a Nintendo 3DS (or DS) emulator for iPad? If such things exist.

Failing that, a Gamecube emulator for PC?