patiirc

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

Fucking brilliant list in fairness.

Kid Chameleon - whilst I’m still playing it now, I’m envious of all of the people who will be playing it for the first time.

Blows my mind thar we're getting Sega news from Nintendo Life :crazy: Would never have got this from Nintendo Magazine System.

Most of the bases and eras covered in that list, shame to waste megabytes on the usual Sega suspects but if there isn't a six button variant a couple of those are going to be massively crippled. 

1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Blows my mind thar we're getting Sega news from Nintendo Life :crazy: Would never have got this from Nintendo Magazine System.

Most of the bases and eras covered in that list, shame to waste megabytes on the usual Sega suspects but if there isn't a six button variant a couple of those are going to be massively crippled. 

The 6-button is a pack-in in Japan, but outside of Japan they're going to sell them separately. I think they're the ones that Retrobit do, so should be compatible with PC as well. 

Apparently you'll also be able to buy a little Mega CD and 32X to attach to the Megadrive mini for the full aesthetic. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

12 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Apparently you'll also be able to buy a little Mega CD and 32X to attach to the Megadrive mini for the full aesthetic. 

Ohhh, imagine if the Mega-cd was playable, and they released a selection of games on one of those mini GameCube sized disks.

I need to have bath now.

I never got round to buying the SNES Mini and now I can't find it anywhere for under £100.  Have they stopped making it?

Does anyone have any experience of the Retro-Bit clone machines? Looking at maybe picking one up from eBay, but all I can see from reviews is people moaning about a lack 4:3 ratio and some saying the Super Nintendo picture is grained even in HD, but can’t find any screenshots to back that up so is it could just people being nitpicky 

On 6/5/2019 at 10:42 PM, Loki said:

I never got round to buying the SNES Mini and now I can't find it anywhere for under £100.  Have they stopped making it?

Keep seeing them boxed in CEX for around £70, if that's useful.

Yes.  I think there's one of those in town, I will try and hunt it down.  Cheers Chris.

I reckon I'll probably play a retro SNES more than my Xbox this year.  I've really fallen out of love with modern games, there's so little innovation in the industry in AAA games any more.  You can skip a few years and not miss much.  

I know they are terribly built and the size means there's no way you could comfortably have 4 players around it but this is the first time I've wanted an Arcade1up machine. 

IMG_0623.JPG

3 hours ago, chokeout said:

I know they are terribly built and the size means there's no way you could comfortably have 4 players around it but this is the first time I've wanted an Arcade1up machine. 

IMG_0623.JPG

I'd love a 6-player one so I could get 5 mates around to play Konami's X-Men beat 'em up. I'd need 5 mates, but it'd still be nice. A Cabinet with a pc in and an Internet connection for some Fightcade would be pretty cool. 

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'd love a 6-player one so I could get 5 mates around to play Konami's X-Men beat 'em up. I'd need 5 mates, but it'd still be nice. A Cabinet with a pc in and an Internet connection for some Fightcade would be pretty cool. 

Apparently they are releasing the Xmen one as well but i assume it'll be 4 player as well. They have just announced a marvel unit as well with Marvel Super Heroes, Children Of The Atom and the old Punisher beat em up (bit of a random mix) I'm surprised they didn't have them with the Xmen beat em up

Just now, chokeout said:

Apparently they are releasing the Xmen one as well but i assume it'll be 4 player as well. They have just announced a marvel unit as well with Marvel Super Heroes, Children Of The Atom and the old Punisher beat em up (bit of a random mix) I'm surprised they didn't have them with the Xmen beat em up

That Konami X-Men machine was a heck of a contraption. The two monitors, one was inside the machine and reflected on a mirror next to the other screen so the machine could take the weight of it. Heck of a visual spectacle. I love the John Byrne artwork in the game as well.