patiirc

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

Super Wrestlemania on the SNES was the absolute pinnacle of shit games. It's as though the developers just couldn't be fucked putting in finishing moves or making any of the wrestlers any different from each other.

I was about to correct you, but fucking hell the SNES version didn't! The Genesis version did! It was still pretty shit though. I loved Royal Rumble on the MD. 

They were all by LJN, innit. 90% of their games were absolute garbage and it's why WWF didn't have a good game until Midway/Acclaim got their digitised hands on the license.

I have a soft spot for those LJN WWF games as I played them a lot as a kid, but they do not hold up now. Practically unplayable now. 

I've just ordered a Pi console which already has the games installed. After a year of modding my SNES mini, I think it's the next logical step. Can't wait to play those NeoGeo and PlayStation games.

3  Count Bout is the Neo Geo wrestling offering.

Saturday Night Slammasters and Slammasters 2 were good. Haggar was in them, some more amusing characters. Apparently Gunloc is Guile from Street Fighter's brother.

I had Super Wrestlemania on the SNES, and loved it at the time(as the only other wresting game I had played was one on the Master System, that wasn't a WWF game). I was jealous as fuck though when my mates man brought him the Royal Rumble game, and it had the finishing moves and shit...

I just remembered someone on my street had a copy of some Cutie Suzuki Joshi game on the Megadrive, they had to cut bits of the plastic away so it would fit in the console and it was shit.