The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

I just played Wrestlefest on an arcade machine, nearly beat it on one credit, I had Hawk down to no health but got pinned myself.

Played as Quake and Ted, Ted's best due to his finisher being a submission which can be pulled off in your own corner of the ring easily.

I’ve started playing the Final Fantasy IX rerelease on Switch and I’ve come to realise that I massively overrated it. I hate when that happens.

Has anyone else found themselves in this position with a game? Up until I started replaying this I’d honestly thought this was one of my favourite games ever.

Edited by RedRooster

58 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’ve started playing the Final Fantasy IX rerelease on Switch and I’ve come to realise that I massively overrated it. I hate when that happens.

Has anyone else found themselves in this position with a game? Up until I started replaying this I’d honestly thought this was one of my favourite games ever.

I got it on PS4 around Christmas time and dusted off my old strategy guide I had for it when I bought the PS1 copy years back on release, still love it to this day and is definitely in my top 10 of all time.

7 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I got it on PS4 around Christmas time and dusted off my old strategy guide I had for it when I bought the PS1 copy years back on release, still love it to this day and is definitely in my top 10 of all time.

The main character, Zidane, is a total creep and that kind of put me off the game a little. He hits on every woman he meets and at one point, shortly after meeting Dagger (the main love interest):

he grabs her butt, says ‘ooohh soft!’ and acts like she’s overreacting to be upset at what’s effectively a sexual assault

So for those reasons I feel like it’s aged quite poorly.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
On 4/7/2019 at 3:16 PM, Merzbow said:

I just played Wrestlefest on an arcade machine, nearly beat it on one credit, I had Hawk down to no health but got pinned myself.

Played as Quake and Ted, Ted's best due to his finisher being a submission which can be pulled off in your own corner of the ring easily.

I usually pick Ted & Perfect because  I'm a workrate pervert.

Anybody seen that new RetroMania Wrestling game that's coming out later in the year? Apparently the dev team were inspired a lot by Wrestlefest.

• Paid Members

They've got a few licenced wrestlers in it as well. Road Warriors, bWo, Dreamer and a tie-up with House Of Hardcore, and Austin Idol. I'd imagine there are more to come.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They've got a few licenced wrestlers in it as well. Road Warriors, bWo, Dreamer and a tie-up with House Of Hardcore, and Austin Idol. I'd imagine there are more to come.

Defo one to keep your eyes on. I encourage people to keep checking regularly.

11 hours ago, BomberPat said:

This month's Retro Gamer comes with a CD of remixed/arranged Rob Hubbard C64 tunes. It's bloody good.

Speaking of the C64, has anyone else picked up the C64 Mini?

Some games have aged better than others, but the main thing I’ve taken from it is that a joystick is bloody hard to use!

I used to love Creatures, but pushing ‘up’ to jump...I’ve kind of lost the ability as a gamer to cope with than control configuration...

Edited by RedRooster