The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

Anyone here know the best software to capture emulator footage on PC? I used to have a Youtube page with a few videos on there but it was years ago and forget what I used. I imagine tech has advance since like 2011. 
Someone commented on a video and it sparked me into wanting to start it up again.

I ask in here because it's to capture almost exclusively 8-bit and 16-bit games.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

I’d recommend OBS Studio. It’ll take a little bit of tinkering but it’s very flexible and can overlay things like webcams and stuff if you also want to be in the video. It’s what I use for my Vive stuff and it works very well.

I don't want to be in the video, but the rest sounds good, I'll check it out!

Nothing worse than a video opening with the creator slap bang in the middle going "HEY GUYS IT'S ME" and then getting their shit in.

• Paid Members
On 7/3/2017 at 8:21 AM, tiger_rick said:

Dug out my Snes on Saturday. Don't know what's happened over the years but I've only got 4 games now. Boxed Street Racer and Sensible Soccer and loose Kick off 3 and Exhaust heat. Spent a couple of hours bashing the keys on Kick Off 3. It's way shitter than I remember.

Wasn't there some big feud with Dino Dini (programmer of "Kick Off") and the mob that released "Kick Off 3"? I remember "Goal!" being released, which was Dini's work (which I thought was actually quite good. Not "Sensible Soccer" though) and "Kick Off 3" being a bit of a rush job by some other mob. Similar to the Championship Manager and Football Manager situation a few years back.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Absolutely loving the Homebrew on the Wii. I'm amazed at how easy it all was. I've had some teething problems but nothing a quick Google search hasn't solved. 

I've had to spend an additional £40 on top of the £20 I paid for it on some essential accessories, but still totally worth it. 

1 hour ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Wasn't there some big feud with Dino Dini (programmer of "Kick Off") and the mob that released "Kick Off 3"? I remember "Goal!" being released, which was Dini's work (which I thought was actually quite good. Not "Sensible Soccer" though) and "Kick Off 3" being a bit of a rush job by some other mob. Similar to the Championship Manager and Football Manager situation a few years back.

Dino got transferred to Virgin as Anco were pretty much on their benders at that point. Steeve Screech did Kick Off 3 and subsequent Windows games whilst Dino went on to become a school teacher before releasing Kick off Revival for the PS4 last year.

Cant remember if it's been mentioned or not but the Sensi boys are ploughing ahead with their spiritual successor too,Sociable Soccer. 

1 hour ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

1 hour ago, patiirc said:

Dino got transferred to Virgin as Anco were pretty much on their benders at that point. Steeve Screech did Kick Off 3 and subsequent Windows games whilst Dino went on to become a school teacher before releasing Kick off Revival for the PS4 last year.

And then ignited a little feud with Digitiser's Mr Biffo. http://www.digitiser2000.com/main-page/how-it-all-kicked-off-by-mr-biffo

• Paid Members

I bought Kick Off Revival because I thought it was hilarious that game got a physical release on PS4, with pretty much no attempt to modernise it whatsoever. Only tried single player mode once, and couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing. Was fun, though. Imagine it would be a great laugh multiplayer with someone equally clueless.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Cheers Baz. Genuinely didn't know that. Even though I owned Kick Off, Kick Off 2, Kick Off 3 and Goal on various machines as a kid, I wasn't that observent. Funnily enough though, as soon as I loaded Kick Off 3 on Saturday, I saw it was written by Steve Screech and not Dino and an alarm bell started ringing.

Spent my morning watching videos and reading Wiki on all of the various games. The reboot had completely passed me by. Even though I had all the games and I would bash about on them (KO2 getting by far the most play from me) I was never a big fan. Too much like hard work. I liked it in 2 player mode were my mates would struggle as much as me but rarely played the AI. Much preferred Sensi or the manager games.

The player manager mode on Kevin Keegan's player manager is terrible no playability whatsoever. Its the Kick Off engine but theyve seemed to have not been adapted it to a joy pad. With a joystick it might have been OK but otherwise you have to like launch yourself into the ball, passes go astray and most "shots" go of target. The AI of course look like Barca in comparison and its no doubt the worse football game for me, much more than Kick Off 3. The management bit is actually alright but playing the games is best avoided. 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

Absolutely loving the Homebrew on the Wii. I'm amazed at how easy it all was. I've had some teething problems but nothing a quick Google search hasn't solved. 

I've had to spend an additional £40 on top of the £20 I paid for it on some essential accessories, but still totally worth it. 

Sounds good Steve, what exactly have you got set up on it now? What accessories did you need?

• Paid Members

This has come up on bay. Find it under Nintendo world championship cart or similar.

Buy it now.. £77,372.42 (due to US currency conversion)

Anyway, all chip a grand in and share for a weekend each??

s-l400.jpg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sounds good Steve, what exactly have you got set up on it now? What accessories did you need?

The only loaders I'm using at the moment are USB Loader for Wii games, Nintendont for Gamecube, Wii64 for N64, WiiSX for PS1 (can't get this to load the ISO's at the moment though), Snes9x GX for SNES & Genesis Plus for all early Sega consoles and handhelds. I already had most of the ROM's for Mega Drive and SNES on my PC, so they were easy enough to migrate over. The most hassle comes with the Wii game rips, which you download as ISO's and then have to convert them into a format the Wii recognises. It's simple, but a little more time consuming.

I didn't really need to buy any accessories, but some were essential for ease of playing (the Wii classic pro controller for example. I managed to get two for £18). I also purchased two steering wheels for Mario Kart, two motion plus adaptors for Wii Resort 2 (and probably useful for other games I imagine), a HDMI converter and I bought a spare motion sensor and power supply. I'm going to be moving the console around a fair bit (living room to bedroom and back again. Plus I'll be taking it to a friends once a week), so just buying those were to save me time having to drag the cables out.

Hoping to spend a bit more time with it this weekend to see what else it can do.

3 hours ago, BigJag said:

Have you tried any of the light gun games with the Wii set up? Such as Time Crisis and Virtua Cop. I'm thinking of using the same type of set up for my Xbox MAME machine.

I haven't, but I will. I know there is a gun accessory for the Wii, but I've spent enough.

I need to research why the PS2 and original Xbox can't be emulated on the Wii. Having a PS2 emulator would make it perfect. I can only think of two games from the original Xbox I would want to play again though. Fusion Frenzy and Full Spectrum Warrior. Loved those games.