SOUTHSIDE present - 5TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW - 24th OCT - STEVENAGE

Southside crew

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rockstar Spud is going to be at this show....... Whether he's booked or not by the sounds of it.

So would Spud still be #12 or Hayes' replacement?

I still want PAC vs Scurll...... But now I just gotta hope Scurll can somehow win and Spud and him can have what I believe will be their first in ring encounter since Spud's obsession with him began.

• Paid Members
Ticket ordered :thumbsup: . Countdown on for what is going to be an awesome night of british wrestling :thumbsup:

If you havent already got tickets guys ? Why not ?

All tickets and DVD's ordered this week have just been prepared for posting in the morning including yours Mr Rage :)

In case you missed it, Robbie X is now replacing Joey Hayes and the 12 entrant is Martin Kirby... YAY!

So that gives us:

PAC

Marty Scurll

El Ligero

Robbie X

Noam Dar

Danny Chase

Bubblegum

Mark Haskins

Max Angelus

Kris Travis

Ego Dragon

Martin Kirby

How is this tournament going to be structured?

6 one on one matches, 3 one on one semi finals and then a three-way main event?

6 one on one matches, 2 three way semi finals, and then a one on one main event?

4 three way matches, 2 one on one semi finals, one on one main event?

Assuming the first round is going to be one on one matches, this is the combinations I'd love to see:

PAC vs Scurll - I don't need to explain this one. This could be a marquee main event on a future DG UK show to examplify that the UK talent can be seen as equal to the Dragon Gate stars and Scurll, Haskins and Lion Kid really have been the break out stars of DG UK.

Dar vs Travis - Never happened before and I think the two would compliment each other well.

Haskins vs Ligero - A quick google search shows that the last time this match may have happened was 4 years ago back when Haskins was still a Chav or just during the transition phase. I would love to see what the two could do together now.

Kirby vs Bubblegum - I did have an inkling that GPW may have done it, and google confirms they did in December. I was thinking that they may not have faced each other since Kirby became the face and Gum the heel as I'm sure they must have faced each other 06-09 in promotions up and down the country but I cannot ever remember seeing this match live.

And then in all honesty I'd be happy with whatever combination Robbie, Angelus, Ego and Chase provide. The above 4 matches are ones I would really love to see. PAC vs Scurll especially.

So who do we think are the favourites to win the new Speed King belt?

I'd put good odds on Ligero and Travis. Like 2/1. Ligero has won the top belts in several promotions as well as cruiserweight Title's and is one of the very best and hardest working lightweight wrestlers in England. I don't think Trav has been handed many losses in SWE to date beating names like Doug Williams and other competitors in this match like Scurll, Kirby and Haskins.

4/1 odds on Kirby or Dar. Kirby really has been a stand out wrestler in SWE so far and would be well deserved after such high profile matches against McGuinness and Finlay. Dar is one of the fastest rising cruiserweights in the UK and it won't be long until he breaks out internationally.

20/1 odds on Haskins as he does appear to be hanging around England for a while.

50/1 odds on PAC as while being one of the best cruiserweights in the world right now (if not THE very best) his schedule will be very limited.

And 500/1 odds on Danny Chase as Spud says.... "Who?".

I'd say Spud and Robbie X have a dark horse's chance too. Spud if he manages to sneak his way into this match somehow like he did with the #1 contendership match....

• Paid Members
In case you missed it, Robbie X is now replacing Joey Hayes and the 12 entrant is Martin Kirby... YAY!

So that gives us:

PAC

Marty Scurll

El Ligero

Robbie X

Noam Dar

Danny Chase

Bubblegum

Mark Haskins

Max Angelus

Kris Travis

Ego Dragon

Martin Kirby

How is this tournament going to be structured?

6 one on one matches, 3 one on one semi finals and then a three-way main event?

6 one on one matches, 2 three way semi finals, and then a one on one main event?

4 three way matches, 2 one on one semi finals, one on one main event?

Assuming the first round is going to be one on one matches, this is the combinations I'd love to see:

PAC vs Scurll - I don't need to explain this one. This could be a marquee main event on a future DG UK show to examplify that the UK talent can be seen as equal to the Dragon Gate stars and Scurll, Haskins and Lion Kid really have been the break out stars of DG UK.

Dar vs Travis - Never happened before and I think the two would compliment each other well.

Haskins vs Ligero - A quick google search shows that the last time this match may have happened was 4 years ago back when Haskins was still a Chav or just during the transition phase. I would love to see what the two could do together now.

Kirby vs Bubblegum - I did have an inkling that GPW may have done it, and google confirms they did in December. I was thinking that they may not have faced each other since Kirby became the face and Gum the heel as I'm sure they must have faced each other 06-09 in promotions up and down the country but I cannot ever remember seeing this match live.

And then in all honesty I'd be happy with whatever combination Robbie, Angelus, Ego and Chase provide. The above 4 matches are ones I would really love to see. PAC vs Scurll especially.

So who do we think are the favourites to win the new Speed King belt?

I'd put good odds on Ligero and Travis. Like 2/1. Ligero has won the top belts in several promotions as well as cruiserweight Title's and is one of the very best and hardest working lightweight wrestlers in England. I don't think Trav has been handed many losses in SWE to date beating names like Doug Williams and other competitors in this match like Scurll, Kirby and Haskins.

4/1 odds on Kirby or Dar. Kirby really has been a stand out wrestler in SWE so far and would be well deserved after such high profile matches against McGuinness and Finlay. Dar is one of the fastest rising cruiserweights in the UK and it won't be long until he breaks out internationally.

20/1 odds on Haskins as he does appear to be hanging around England for a while.

50/1 odds on PAC as while being one of the best cruiserweights in the world right now (if not THE very best) his schedule will be very limited.

And 500/1 odds on Danny Chase as Spud says.... "Who?".

I'd say Spud and Robbie X have a dark horse's chance too. Spud if he manages to sneak his way into this match somehow like he did with the #1 contendership match....

I honestly love your opinions , I especially liked the betting offers but what about Scurll , Bubblegum , Max , Robbie , Ego Dragon , is there any long shots on Rockstar Spud ?

I'd probably give 10/1 on Spud. He's clearly going to the show with a plan, even if it is to antagonize and goad his way into a placement so far and the Keith Myatt match showed that it tends to work to his advantage.

Scurll would probably have better odds, maybe 2/9. Cambridge is his home and he'd be wanting to take the belt back to the next St Neots show.

I think this show could really elevate Robbie as a little engine that could storyline if he managed to make it into a semi and maybe even get a shock massive elimination to really put home that it's going to be his time soon, but I don't think he'd take the belt so maybe 30/1.

Bubblegum, Max and Ego I'm not sure as I don't see any winning the belt. They'd still have better odds than Danny Chase.....

So tournament structure and/or EVE match announced next please :p

• Paid Members
I'd probably give 10/1 on Spud. He's clearly going to the show with a plan, even if it is to antagonize and goad his way into a placement so far and the Keith Myatt match showed that it tends to work to his advantage.

Scurll would probably have better odds, maybe 2/9. Cambridge is his home and he'd be wanting to take the belt back to the next St Neots show.

I think this show could really elevate Robbie as a little engine that could storyline if he managed to make it into a semi and maybe even get a shock massive elimination to really put home that it's going to be his time soon, but I don't think he'd take the belt so maybe 30/1.

Bubblegum, Max and Ego I'm not sure as I don't see any winning the belt. They'd still have better odds than Danny Chase.....

So tournament structure and/or EVE match announced next please :p

All coming soon my friend , first Eve entrant to be announced tommorow night - it will be a Southside debut :)

• Paid Members
And some weird people advocating stalking..........

Have been impressed each time I've seen Shana. Hope she's got a cracking opponent - Jenny Sjoden?

Shanna is in fact a fantastic addition , very pleased to have her on the show

• Paid Members

SOUTHSIDE WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT

PRESENT

SPEED KING

April 22nd 2012 - Doors 2.30pm - Show 3.00pm

Rushcliffe Arena , Rugby Road , West Bridgeford , Nottingham

On 22nd April we will be crowning our first ever Speed King champion. We will have 12 of the very best high flying superstars competing. We will have some regulars , some guys that have not been to us before and at least 3 debuts

pacspeed.jpg

Dragongate star PAC makes his debut for Southside - who will he face ?

scurll.jpg

Marty Scurll returns to Southside after amazing matches with El Ligero and Kris Travis

LIGEROSPEED.jpg

Southside regular El Ligero was always a cert for Speed King and must be a favourite !

noamspeed.jpg

We are very excited to announce that top young Scottish talent Noam Dar is Southside !

chasespeed.jpg

House of Pain star high flyer Chase makes his Southside debut

BUBBLE.jpg

Former UKFF no1 Bubblegum makes his Southside debut

HASKINS.jpg

TNA star will be making his 2nd outing for Southside after a MOTN performance on his debut

angelus.jpg

became the 9th entrant after winning a 3 way qualifyer at 4everevolution

TRAVISSPEED.jpg

The Ego himself has a great win record against the likes of Haskins,Kirby,Williams & Scurll

EGOSPEED.jpg

The Mystery masked man is still unbeaten in Southside after 6 outings.

robbiex-1.jpg

Southside ever present young star has the chance to make his biggest ever impact

kirbyspeed.jpg

After some very high profile matches Kirby has the chance to add gold to his impressive status

TICKETS

12 pound - front row

9 pounds - adults

7 pounds - kids

TICKETS AVAILABLE AT WWW.SOUTHSIDEWRESTLING.CO.UK

After our recent issues with Rockstar Spud we had not booked him for Speed King however his promo shows just how much he wants to be part of Southside so with have made a big decision - thats right Rockstar Spud will be wrestling at Speed King !

Archived