SOUTHSIDE present - 5TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW - 24th OCT - STEVENAGE

Southside crew

Might want to change the address on the big post Ben. Don't want everyone turning up at a pile of rubble expecting to see a show :p

Didn't know Gym Combat was being demolished. Hope the new venue is as good.

Yep, making way for tramline extension plans.

New address:

Gym Combat

Unit 6

Castle Park,

Queen Drive

Nottingham, United Kingdom

NG2 1AH

A mere 5 minutes down the road from the old Gym Combat

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the last name for UK talent I'd like to see Zack or MK McKinnen, but if it is a important I would live to see Adam Cole or Sami Calihan if they are flying over for WXW that weekend, alternatively Gresham will already be over here and he never lets you down for pulling off great matches. Also if that TNA import was Aries I would love to see him in this final spot.

Keeping the dream matches likes of Pac and Marty apart initially to meet in later rounds / final would probably make for better matches and mean you don't have to eliminate your biggest names in the first round. So rather than pick first round match ups, i'd like to see any of these at some point:

Marty vs Pac

Haskins vs Pac

Haskins vs Marty

Ligero vs Ego

Ligero vs Bubblegum

Travis vs Noam Dar

and depending on who the final name is could give us more options. Sami or Cole vs Pac would be amazing.

If this is a tournament though singles matches wont work all the way through with the brackets if there is only 12 entrants. So at what stage are we going to have multi person matches, start or end?

Whatever happens the show is looking awesome though.

Sami's the guy I was on about being in California the day before the show.

Would be a big coup to get Adam Cole with the rise of publicity around him now.

Ordered my ticket. Gonna try and get a few people who don't ordinarily go to SWE/BritWres and make a show of it.

Also I'd prefer PAC/Scurll first round. Semi's tend to be rushed, and if it's a big finals match you run the risk of them having already gone through two matches before then so might not be able to go all out.

But then that's assume we're getting more rounds between the qualifiers and the final?

• Paid Members
Sami's the guy I was on about being in California the day before the show.

Would be a big coup to get Adam Cole with the rise of publicity around him now.

Ordered my ticket. Gonna try and get a few people who don't ordinarily go to SWE/BritWres and make a show of it.

Also I'd prefer PAC/Scurll first round. Semi's tend to be rushed, and if it's a big finals match you run the risk of them having already gone through two matches before then so might not be able to go all out.

But then that's assume we're getting more rounds between the qualifiers and the final?

Sami would have been great , his 2 matches at IPW the other week IMO were the 2 best matches on the card and his match with Mastiff for us was out of this world

I am very confident you will see Sami inside a Southside ring again this year

• Paid Members
Any idea when we're going find out the last guy and the set up for this tournament?

Also is there going to be a "breather" match between semi's and finals? Wouldn't mind seeing an EVE match there.

Originally I wasn't going to have an Eve match on the show as there are 7 matches in the Tournament however after thinking about it I have made the decision to have an Eve match as I really think there needs to be a breather before the Final , will also give guys the chance to prepare for the final who qualify.

Last guy for the tournament will be announced with in the week

Nothing against the EVE girls but would a Speed King non tournament tag match be better, using some of the guys who didn't qualify like RJ Singh, UK Kid, Nick Riley?

Whereas an EVE match may be something different to the card, thus making the final feel less like 'more of the same' if you know what I mean? Might be a decent chance of pace. Just my thoughts

I got mine today.

There really are big chunky things aren't they!

I am desperate for the 12th name to be announced along with the structure so we can get some matches revealed.

PAC vs Scurll would be an amazing match if no one else has suggested it yet...

• Paid Members
I got mine today.

I am desperate for the 12th name to be announced along with the structure so we can get some matches revealed.

But did you like the ticket ?

• Paid Members

From NBW Southside facebook page

Hi Guys

We have some very important news regarding SOUTHSIDE WRESTLING present SPEED KING - we received news late on Tuesday that we will not be able to use Gym Combat for Speed King. This is not the fault of Southside in any way and has caused myself untold stress , time and a considerable amount of money. We have already had Posters / flyers and tickets printed. I had a really a difficult decision but have decided to change venue. I have tried to stay as close to the original venue and believe that the one we have found is fantastic and actually far better than Gym Combat in terms of facilities. It is only 2 miles away from the train station and original venue. We will now be holding the show at Rushcliffe Arena.

Anybody that has any questions or problems regarding this switch please let me know and we will do whatever we need to do to accomadate you as much as possible.

Ben

I got mine today.

But did you like the ticket ?

lol I dunno why it cuts off at 240, I'm sure I've seen PAC break that on a few of his dives ;)

I'm really interested to see what the new venue looks like.

Archived