FWA: European Uprising

FWAUK.com

• Paid Members
As the crowd depleted so did my interest. It was announced that despite recording apromo last week saying he was happy to die in the ring against Jonny Storm, Spuds neck injury would keep him out of the ladder match. Alex Shane knew this and obviously was happy to still promote this match..totally wank! Spud was replaced by two jobbers.

So the main event, Yep, as expected Shane turned heel cos if you haven't already guessed the FWA is all about him. I'm bored so I'm signing off....still at least I got to meet Sgt Blaketon from Heartbeat!

Bit harsh on Nathan Cruz, I mean he's no Spud but still, bit harsh.

Also I found Blaketon was nice but seemed a bit stiff upper lip type, bloody firm handshake he had on him too.

Any way, my thoughts...

I liked the opening tag, it had a nice crowed feel compared to the rest and was an enjoyable match. I know how the cards work and still got perplexed when Malen didn't get sent to the back because I'm condition in other sports for red cards to be the last thing, if you will. That more me being thick but still. Fun but i'd still like to see another in a better setting. That Stixx Vs Zach match in Wolverhampton showed so much promise there must be a real belter in there, a blinder of a tag.

I enjoyed RJ Vs Ligero however I'm not keen on the count out as it feels like Legero didn't get his revenge and I really don't feel like this has that much more in it, it feels like I've seen them wrestle too much and would rather have Ligero get his big hurar while I still care. Its not that its too late, but given this is a sort of extension of the feud after the eye and horns and what not It makes me wonder.

The six man had me trail a bit, but I was getting a bit fed up of standing. That one senton looked brutal and big Dave again shows why he was one of the first names I really started to notice getting into more British shows by being top. Alright match, sound enough on the whole.

The ladder match was alright, not as good as if it had been Spud because that had some story behind it, more reason to care on who was getting the win. However it was enjoyable, making it a three way seemed a good idea and it was enjoyable enough. Not amazing but fun. It had Storm in it, I like Storm so perhaps that helped me still care.

The main had me drifting a bit for reasons I'll get into in the bad points. Heel turn was interesting but it all depends on how they follow up. If there are more vids of Alex talking it could spoil it a bit but it was a very pleasant return to form story wise, less confusing talk of higher powers and poorly produced and presented videos with people who shouldn't be in that position, Alex when doing a bit even said something putting that vibe across in a nice simple package with his who where how or whatever bit. So thats good, and its a good I would like to highlight, because its something very simple but ultimately restored some faith in the story and where it goes if it could be followed on well, which it may if they work hard and well on it.

There was some bad, firstly the format of having the show on in full at an event like that left the crowed on a downhill slide after the first match, and by the main the apathy was so thick you could have cut it with a knife. Perhaps doing something in bits through the day in place of the Adrenaline matches would have given a better group and as such got that all important atmos. Also for those that did hang around with no seats it was a lot of standing, which then makes it harder to engage with whats going on as your tiring, especially after a day of walking around the expo. No way around that in the format, so again perhaps another plus for the more sporadic matches. The lack of people really did hurt the show, the main was so devoid of interest at times I felt a pang of pity due to small numbers and people tiring.

Another slight down is that after the Wolverhampton show and its focus on a higher power big bad power bull shit rather than a focus on the Agenda at a simpler level I didn't really feel much against them like I could have or should have. I just didn't really hate Stone due to that slight lack of focus, if that makes sense.

So overall some good, and good well worth of praise next to Hope and Glory, and for some free entertainment at the expo it was fun. I also quite look forward to seeing if any one could step up now and take on the new, simpler (hopefully) Agenda. However it wasn't without flaws, some spilling over from the last show a little and some just down to setting and how it was presented. I can't say how it would have gone if more people had been there, made that atmosphere or if the show was a straight show out the expo or presented in a more passerby friendly way, the matches were fun enough, nothing ground breaking but fun on the whole.

Quick thing form my perspective though, don't slag off WWE in your opening gambit from Stevie, thats what most people see as wrestling, kids especially, and its hardly going to get them all warmed up.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick thing form my perspective though, don't slag off WWE in your opening gambit from Stevie, thats what most people see as wrestling, kids especially, and its hardly going to get them all warmed up.

Bang on for me too. For me personally It just does my head in and makes me want to turn around and leave. I think the WWE is brilliant, so if you are saying you are going to present something completley different from big bad Vince chances are it will put me off.

Decent show but as Tommy said not the usual surroundings or atmosphere so at a normal show I may have enjoyed things more in certain cases. Also though, had it not been at memorabilia and I'd have paid just for FWA rather than for the surrounding expo I would have probably enjoyed some stuff less e.g some finishes, way things went down etc.

The Shane heel turn was predictable (fell flat at this type of show though) but hopefully it will lead to a more straightforward story between the two sides and less sit-down interviews. Obviously there needs to be some explanation as it is pretty illogical at the mo after Shane was battered by the Agenda but please for the love of god let it be brief :laugh:

Bang on for me too. For me personally It just does my head in and makes me want to turn around and leave. I think the WWE is brilliant, so if you are saying you are going to present something completley different from big bad Vince chances are it will put me off.

They seriously did that? Ludicrous!

Johnny Saint vs Steve Grey, and the British Wrestling Hall of Fame is tomorrow I believe.

In a nutshell, Alex Shane, as special ref, turned heel on Leroy, helped Stone keep his title, then teamed up with The Agenda.

Here's my take on the show. Sorry if I cover the same ground as stunstone, but we have been sat bitching about the show for a while so there's bound to be some crossover.

First of all I want to say that I don't consider myself as anti fwa. This was my fifth fwa show in the last 13 months. I travel all over the country to watch British wrestling and the world to watch wrestling in general. I love being at events and always look for things to love about a show, so I hope Alex Shane doesn't dismiss this as a bitter smart mark rant. The card system is the pits. When a match involving the leaders doesn't get the crowd going, someone else is at fault. The system makes no sense. A lot of the crowd were waving bye to stixx or malen when he got a red card and didn't understand whe he stayed in the match. Quite a few people left after that match.

Spud not wrestling wasn't a surprise but a disappointment. Ipw had already replaced him in his match in two weeks time so why did the fwa continue to promote the match? Do they think that little of the fans?

Ligero vs Singh ending in a countout could have been acceptable if they'd made more of the blindness issue, bit was lost on most people.

The six man was ok, but again the card system spilled it. Too much stopping and starting.

Nothing against people in the ladder match, but I was so pissed off at the spud letdown that I decided to go to the bar than disrespect the workers by looking miserable. Unfortunately the bar was closed so I returned with a face like thunder for the rest of the match. I feel sorry for the wrestlers who were put in this situation.

Main event was ok, but the crowd wasn't in to it. I like both guys but the ending was terrible. The heel turn was so predictable and the final promo went over the heads of most people there.

Alex, who is your target audience? What did you hope to get out of the show? Ate you happy with the turn out and reaction of the fans? If/when fwa returns for season 2, I hope you've thought about these things. None of the workers are at fault here and I'm just happy that I still have the sittingbourne ipw show to look forward to this year

I am only going to mirror a lot of this myself , i realise a lot of people on here seem to have real issues with FWA but i have been a regular since it's re-birth and totally enjoyed every show that i have been too , However i just felt yesterday too many things were not quite right. For me i guess the biggest thing was the crowd (which is to be expected) just did not seem into it , very likely as there was a lot of non-wrestling fans there and certainly not Britwres fans.

FWA kept billing this as there biggest event and i believe there main aim was targetting new audience - do they believe that putting on a show like this is going to attract new fans - in my opinion i dought it. I truly want FWA to succeed and one of the fans that actually feels they are getting a lot of things right but i honestley believe they took a step backwards.

I really hope they get out on the road a lot more next year , put on great shows , maybe concentrate on the wrestling a little bit more and become a real success.

What was the attendance like for this? Or was this part of an event, like the Expo?

Also, the FWA website says the Hall of Fame was yesterday.

Who was inducted? Was Bret Hart there?

They moved the hall of fame to today , the attendance was a hard one to count as the crowd dwindled as the event ewent on but there was maybe 300 at the start and 150 at the end - i could be wrong though.

any chance of results

LDRS beat Stixx and Malen who attacked the leaders after the match

Ligero beat Singh via count-out

The Agenda (Rees, Moralez and Redman) beat Nick Riley, Bubblegum and Sha Samuels

Jonny Storm beat Axl Rage and Nathan Cruz in a 3-way ladder

Stone beat Kincaide when Shane turned on Leroy, he then delivered a short promo basically saying the Agenda is the Illuminati. Greg Lambert is also involved.

What was the attendance like for this? Or was this part of an event, like the Expo?

Also, the FWA website says the Hall of Fame was yesterday.

Who was inducted? Was Bret Hart there?

They moved the hall of fame to today , the attendance was a hard one to count as the crowd dwindled as the event ewent on but there was maybe 300 at the start and 150 at the end - i could be wrong though.

Cheers for that.

People actually left the show as it went on? I'm actually quite shocked. Was it THAT bad?

Archived