FWA: European Uprising

FWAUK.com

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering this (I assume) is to be more of an exhibition to attract new fans (which should be priority) due to the fact they will be performing in front of a lot of non FWA wrestling fans (who clearly don't mind going out and spending money - the best type) why on earth would they (and that's Alex) put Alex Shane as a guest referee?

What makes him a special attraction to Joe Bloggs - nothing - it will only confuse matters.

Why would they make the referee physically bigger than the wrestlers. Again, picture this in the eyes of a passer by.

Obviously there will be some sort of screwy finish. Again, surely a straight wrestling match would be priority in such an environment. This is only going to confuse people, and make sure they never even bother to check out the website, let alone the details of a show.

Considering this (I assume) is to be more of an exhibition to attract new fans (which should be priority) due to the fact they will be performing in front of a lot of non FWA wrestling fans (who clearly don't mind going out and spending money - the best type) why on earth would they (and that's Alex) put Alex Shane as a guest referee?

What makes him a special attraction to Joe Bloggs - nothing - it will only confuse matters.

Why would they make the referee physically bigger than the wrestlers. Again, picture this in the eyes of a passer by.

Obviously there will be some sort of screwy finish. Again, surely a straight wrestling match would be priority in such an environment. This is only going to confuse people, and make sure they never even bother to check out the website, let alone the details of a show.

If Stone wasn't hyped as going to WWE then i would say Alex Shane being guest ref has screw job written all over it !

• Paid Members

Was going to say, as soon as i read "Alex shane is the special ref", it screams shane heel turn. Possibly the whole reason hes been so agaisnt everything is because he knows, and other wise its a "Nexus or agaisnt us" style sort of thing, and hes joined up before its to late?

Either way if its not a heel turn it'll be something after the match.

And the New FWA got off to such a decent start, but it went down hill swiftly for this storyline. Also, although we've been promised shorter more to the point front line episodes, why are we stil lgetting 3+ part episode? im not bothering watching them if its not a swift 5-10 min FWA update, as i got be bothered with FWA the movie every week.

well....where do I even begin? Making the journey down from Liverpool I was full of anticipation for my first Fwa event. On paper it looked good, would it live up to my expectations?...unfortunately that would be a resounding NO! What started or as a good turnout doe the main show quickly depleted as the crowd realized they had the chance to meet Sgt Blaketon from Heartbeat rather than watch some of this non sensical booking. I won't give results as somebody will probably do it justice more than I as thanks to Alex Shane and I hold him wholly responsible for the debacle, my loyalty to British Wrestling was severely tested today. Firstly, the potential of a tag match between The Ldrsand Stixx and Malen was apparent for anyone to see, unfortunately due to FWA's stupid card system and Alex Shanes stubborness to admit that its a flawed concept completelydestroyed any chance of this match getting over. There were many people in the crowd questioning as to why after a red card the heels were still in the match. I myself whilst understanding the system but being completely against it can royally see why, but then as long as Alex Shanes little world is happy then who gives afuck right?

As the crowd depleted so did my interest. It was announced that despite recording apromo last week saying he was happy to die in the ring against Jonny Storm, Spuds neck injury would keep him out of the ladder match. Alex Shane knew this and obviously was happy to still promote this match..totally wank! Spud was replaced by two jobbers.

So the main event, Yep, as expected Shane turned heel cos if you haven't already guessed the FWA is all about him. I'm bored so I'm signing off....still at least I got to meet Sgt Blaketon from Heartbeat!

whos that skinny prat with the suit, glasses and leather gloves kept getting in my way!!!! thinking he's big time infront of the camera he looked like an extra out of the matrix!

Sounds like Greg Lambert maybe?

well....where do I even begin? Making the journey down from Liverpool I was full of anticipation for my first Fwa event. On paper it looked good, would it live up to my expectations?...unfortunately that would be a resounding NO! What started or as a good turnout doe the main show quickly depleted as the crowd realized they had the chance to meet Sgt Blaketon from Heartbeat rather than watch some of this non sensical booking. I won't give results as somebody will probably do it justice more than I as thanks to Alex Shane and I hold him wholly responsible for the debacle, my loyalty to British Wrestling was severely tested today. Firstly, the potential of a tag match between The Ldrsand Stixx and Malen was apparent for anyone to see, unfortunately due to FWA's stupid card system and Alex Shanes stubborness to admit that its a flawed concept completelydestroyed any chance of this match getting over. There were many people in the crowd questioning as to why after a red card the heels were still in the match. I myself whilst understanding the system but being completely against it can royally see why, but then as long as Alex Shanes little world is happy then who gives afuck right?

As the crowd depleted so did my interest. It was announced that despite recording apromo last week saying he was happy to die in the ring against Jonny Storm, Spuds neck injury would keep him out of the ladder match. Alex Shane knew this and obviously was happy to still promote this match..totally wank! Spud was replaced by two jobbers.

So the main event, Yep, as expected Shane turned heel cos if you haven't already guessed the FWA is all about him. I'm bored so I'm signing off....still at least I got to meet Sgt Blaketon from Heartbeat!

Do a review dude.

Here's my take on the show. Sorry if I cover the same ground as stunstone, but we have been sat bitching about the show for a while so there's bound to be some crossover.

First of all I want to say that I don't consider myself as anti fwa. This was my fifth fwa show in the last 13 months. I travel all over the country to watch British wrestling and the world to watch wrestling in general. I love being at events and always look for things to love about a show, so I hope Alex Shane doesn't dismiss this as a bitter smart mark rant. The card system is the pits. When a match involving the leaders doesn't get the crowd going, someone else is at fault. The system makes no sense. A lot of the crowd were waving bye to stixx or malen when he got a red card and didn't understand whe he stayed in the match. Quite a few people left after that match.

Spud not wrestling wasn't a surprise but a disappointment. Ipw had already replaced him in his match in two weeks time so why did the fwa continue to promote the match? Do they think that little of the fans?

Ligero vs Singh ending in a countout could have been acceptable if they'd made more of the blindness issue, bit was lost on most people.

The six man was ok, but again the card system spilled it. Too much stopping and starting.

Nothing against people in the ladder match, but I was so pissed off at the spud letdown that I decided to go to the bar than disrespect the workers by looking miserable. Unfortunately the bar was closed so I returned with a face like thunder for the rest of the match. I feel sorry for the wrestlers who were put in this situation.

Main event was ok, but the crowd wasn't in to it. I like both guys but the ending was terrible. The heel turn was so predictable and the final promo went over the heads of most people there.

Alex, who is your target audience? What did you hope to get out of the show? Ate you happy with the turn out and reaction of the fans? If/when fwa returns for season 2, I hope you've thought about these things. None of the workers are at fault here and I'm just happy that I still have the sittingbourne ipw show to look forward to this year

Archived