FWA: European Uprising

FWAUK.com

Bret Hart is "expected" to attend the british hall of fame. Interesting wording?

Anyway forget this, as Bret is making an appearence in London the friday before I wont be bothered with the weekend. The FWA have announced 3 matches and done absolutely fuck all in terms of any hype, the matches have sort of just sneaked out as parts of a paragraph or something, its really shocking. I actually hope this fails, miserably, so the FWA can remember to actually try and promote their next show, let alone think about maybe promoting what they are trying to say is there most significant show ever. I understand they have a certain guaranteed crowd from the door but it is so poor to just rely on that and its hardly going to create that big event feel when no where there gives a shit about it.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bret Hart is "expected" to attend the british hall of fame. Interesting wording?

Anyway forget this, as Bret is making an appearence in London the friday before I wont be bothered with the weekend. The FWA have announced 3 matches and done absolutely fuck all in terms of any hype, the matches have sort of just sneaked out as parts of a paragraph or something, its really shocking. I actually hope this fails, miserably, so the FWA can remember to actually try and promote their next show, let alone think about maybe promoting what they are trying to say is there most significant show ever. I understand they have a certain guaranteed crowd from the door but it is so poor to just rely on that and its hardly going to create that big event feel when no where there gives a shit about it.

sheeeesh i wont even bother to rant off at this post

eurouprising.jpg

Memorabilia Weekend at Birmingham NEC

- 20/11/2010 & 21/11/2010 -

The NEC, Birmingham, B40 1NT

The best of the up and coming wrestlers in the country have the opportunity to shine before the main European Uprising show! Matches from XWA Adrenaline will start at 11AM and there will be one match on the hour from 11AM until 1PM for the build-up to the main show.

---------------------------------------------------------

eulogo.jpg

DATE: 20/11/10 | 2PM

The FWA's biggest event in it's 10 year+ history! Prepare to witness Europe's top professional wrestlers going head-to-head in a wrestling world war. As 'The Agenda' try to sacrifice British wrestling and use it as a stepping stone to their own personal goals of reaching America, 'The Resistance' stand up to protect the industry from destruction in what could be it

If Spud is legitimately injured it's up to FWA to change the match. If they continue to advertise the match knowing that he won't be there, it shows their lack of respect for the fans. The fact that Spud has already been pulled from the IPW show two week AFTER this show takes place doesn't look good, but I won't condemn FWA just yet.

While I'm here, I'd like to give my theory on the Martin Stone situation. I think him signing with the WWE is a work. I've thought long and hard about it and I don't think Stone would be so short sighted to take part in an anti WWE/worlds largest wrestling promotion angle if he was signed with them.

While I'm here, I'd like to give my theory on the Martin Stone situation. I think him signing with the WWE is a work. I've thought long and hard about it and I don't think Stone would be so short sighted to take part in an anti WWE/worlds largest wrestling promotion angle if he was signed with them.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

That's exactly what I was thinking!

I agree - especuially with Alex Shane being so involved with both the FWA & now the stand up to vince campaign. I can't imagine WWE would be keen for Stone to be wrestling for the FWA.

• Paid Members
I agree - especuially with Alex Shane being so involved with both the FWA & now the stand up to vince campaign. I can't imagine WWE would be keen for Stone to be wrestling for the FWA.

Where is the proof that Alex Shane is involved in the Stand Up To Vince campaign?

• Paid Members

To be fair though Martin personally is doing a heel "ive signed with WWE and am off with the title " gimmick that alot of guys have done before, mainly in ROH.

And although the FWA is taking it to the extreme, WWE does know that most independant promotions have a loyal fan base which see WWE as the evil (although slightly different in this case), and they also do know some actual use WWE as a focus point in there storylines.

Is the FWA taking this to far, i tihnk so. Does WWE or anybody else important in wrestling care that much, i doubt it.

I think they should stop this story after uprising, and have a few different stories start. Also get the odd import over FFS! I remeber when the new FWA started and they said the "Worlds" top challengers would be in the tournament! All we got was 3ish bubblegum matches! (not that bubblegum is rubbish, but you get the idea.)

Archived