FWA: European Uprising

FWAUK.com

Hes hardly a random fan,hes a regular member of the xwa roster Axel Rage one half of the tag team blond jovi, hes a very good talent, a really nice lad whos worked very hard over the years,i say good on Alex Shane for choosing someone who will treasure that moment for the rest of his life!

I think what he meant was, to Bret Hart, this guy is just a random fan.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the FWA have a lot of things right with their product but also a lot of things which need to improve. I wouldn't travel to see their shows and just catch front-line every now and again (once a week is far too much for me). However, some of the negativity on here is pretty mindless - and makes me understand why Alex Shane is always moaning about the smarks who just wanna slate the FWA.

I think it's ridiculous to critique the FWA for asking their talent to work 1 show a month for free? When, in reality, they only work 5-6 shows a year free max. At the end of the day the talent accept that deal because they know they have a lot to gain potentially. FWA are spending their money on top quality production values, which may very well get a small tv deal and recognition in other countries, get more bookings etc....Plus the Grapple Group tries to get them acting work etc... so they can make more cash.

Plus - all workers are insured! Which means a hell of a lot more than the

From what I hear the expo had a particularly poor crowd - but at the last Nottingham/Wolves/Broxbourne shows the roster have performed in decent venues, to decent growds, with some of the best production values in the UK.

As for working for free-I would view it in the same way upcoming bands/comedians might work for free (I know for a fact SO many bands play for free) until they are established enough/get a break. If a band, who eventually want to hit the big time, play for free in the hope that it will further their career, I think this perfectly normal. I wouldn't respect them less or think that they are not gonna make it. Furthermore, many people in bands do it for enjoyment and don't expect to ever get rich or even pay the bills through it. I think it's the same for wrestlers - a lot of the guys are realistic and know that they might not ever be able to give up the day job. Therefore whether they get paid a small amount for their work is irrelevant.

And the fact is there is potential in the FWA. If any UK promotion is gonna get a tv deal, either here or abroad, I'd say it's the FWA (or there at least one of the top contenders). So they are the promotion trying to make UK wrestling profitable by marketing a product which isn't just shows aimed at families.

As for Bret I agree with you - I did mention he seemed disinterested in the award. Perhaps the video will inspire BWC students? I don't really see the video as worthy of critique - I don't think it's gonna do the FWA/Grapple Group any harm even if it's not going to do them a whole lot of good. Sorry if my post seemed harsh. I just get fed up sometimes when people on here just seem to moan/slate every little thing. That being said, I obviously don't think the FWA are above criticism and I haven't enjoyed their product that much myself, mainly due to Alex's decision to deliberately stop his talent putting on 5* matches and instead focus on an almost entirely storyline driven product ( I would have opted for both - storylines and the best matches you will see in the UK).

• Paid Members

Bret seemed to look like he was about to say something, and then the announcer thanked him for coming and he left the stage. Its unusual for Bret to miss an opportunity to speak about how great he is, so I'm sure he'd have said something, whether he was bothered about it or not. I thought it came across alright.

It's difficult to say that shows were a good draw when the vast majority of the audience was bus'ed in specially from BWC-affiliated wrestling schools across the country.

ahh, that would explain it, yeah.

Incidentally, the rest of your post speaks much truth, I feel.

Indeed. I find the trainee thing confusing. Are they actually getting buses of trainees in to fill the halls? How many do the FWA actually draw?!?

Archived