FWA: European Uprising

FWAUK.com

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its better than most companies who pay for the hall, FWA didnt have to do that. Dunno hwat kind of money these guys are on, I know some companies have virtually unpaid rosters but I cant imagine that would be the case with the talent on FWA shows

edit: I assume you're referring to them not charging entry fees which I didn't cotton on to, my point above is stupid now

I know some companies have virtually unpaid rosters but I cant imagine that would be the case with the talent on FWA shows

It is. If they're contracted into this Grapple Group, they agree to work one FWA show a month for nothing.

But the FWA don't run one show a month...is it on a rolling contract kind of deal? In 4 years time, is RJ Singh going to owe Alex Shane 20+ matches? I kid.

Is there anyone who knows who is on the Grapple Group list? It might be interesting to see who on the roster are doing what they do for free.

I know some companies have virtually unpaid rosters but I cant imagine that would be the case with the talent on FWA shows

It is. If they're contracted into this Grapple Group, they agree to work one FWA show a month for nothing.

But the FWA don't run one show a month...is it on a rolling contract kind of deal? In 4 years time, is RJ Singh going to owe Alex Shane 20+ matches? I kid.

Is there anyone who knows who is on the Grapple Group list? It might be interesting to see who on the roster are doing what they do for free.

Does it really matter? FWA are putting a hell of a lot of effort into pushing British Wrestling and making a product that everybody involved can be proud of. The financial implications are only important to the company, and second guessing the contractual obligations of the workers achieves nothing. Why not just sit back and enjoy what they're trying to do, and if you don't, then look elsewhere for your wrestling fix.

hmmm in your three posts you've praised FWA twice and had a go at LDN.

is that you Alex?

edit:

I also find it ironic that Alex is standing up to Vince over contracts and conditions and not paying wrestlers, perhaps we should have a stand up to alex website. Or maybe they should get their own hose in order before aiming at others ie Stop promoting injured stars, events that dont take place, using free talent, not promoting events, getting paying customers through the door and play down the hyperbole nt everything is the greatest best and biggest

is that you Alex?

edit:

I also find it ironic that Alex is standing up to Vince over contracts and conditions and not paying wrestlers, perhaps we should have a stand up to alex website. Or maybe they should get their own hose in order before aiming at others ie Stop promoting injured stars, events that dont take place, using free talent, not promoting events, getting paying customers through the door and play down the hyperbole nt everything is the greatest best and biggest

After 'his' first post I was going to say exactly the same thing! But then I'm one of these marks that 'doesn't get it' so I just couldn't be fucked! It does seem strange that as Swingster says he's been reading the forums 'for years' although signed up three weeks ago and made his first and two subsequent posts in defence of the FWA a subject he/she is obviously very passionate about. Surely Alex Shane wouldn't be such a mark to create multiple accounts on a lowly UK Fan Forum to promote and shill his own promotion? ;)

Does it really matter? FWA are putting a hell of a lot of effort into pushing British Wrestling and making a product that everybody involved can be proud of. The financial implications are only important to the company, and second guessing the contractual obligations of the workers achieves nothing. Why not just sit back and enjoy what they're trying to do, and if you don't, then look elsewhere for your wrestling fix.

1. It's constantly said that the FWA are doing a lot to push wrestling, but with low attendances, constant Expo 'shows', and a storyline that (what is apparently your target audience), the internet, hate, what exactly is the FWA doing to push wrestling?

2. It doesn't matter, no. I'd just find it interesting. I remember Leroy Kincaide having a match on WWE once, and apparently WWE have interest in Martin Stone, as well as Joel Redman. If these guys are seriously doing these FWA shows for free, how can they be taken seriously? They are supposed to be the top UK talent, the next WWE UK signings, and yet they aren't treated like stars by the FWA.

is that you Alex?

edit:

Is that the best you can think of? No it's not Alex and I'm just saying it as I see it. I've seen FWA several times live and online and understand where they're coming from. Also I went to an LDN show once, thought it was the biggest load of pap I've ever seen, and the London Eye series has just convinced me further.

Not everything is conspiracy, sometimes it's just truth as one person sees it.

WHAT?

I was suspicious of the whole grapple group thing, smart move Alex Shane. Dumb move anyone who agreed to this. I do wonder if anyone has noticed significant increases in the amount of shows they are doing yet. As most of the FWA roster are already established wrestlers.

Hes hardly a random fan,hes a regular member of the xwa roster Axel Rage one half of the tag team blond jovi, hes a very good talent, a really nice lad whos worked very hard over the years,i say good on Alex Shane for choosing someone who will treasure that moment for the rest of his life!

Archived