FWA: European Uprising

FWAUK.com

• Paid Members
It didn't even make Memorabilia history. The most memorable thing about yesterday was Vanillia Coke!~

That was class, I want that back over here damn it.

Another thing I will say about the FWA bit is that it seemed to be hoist upon its own petard a little. They have hyped it as this "big show" and put on this big story twist in an environment where it couldn't have had maximum effect and then didn't capitalize on the potential to engage with new or casual fans. Its a shame in one respect.

Personally I liked the story twist and the potential new simpler line which was fun and gave it potential, and I did put much praise out for that, but ultimately it would have been so much better if it had happened next time in a packed house some where with people really getting into it. Like wise I'd have enjoyed some straight matches with no story more if it was getting the people into them and having a fan vibe. Thats the main thing for me, it was six of one and half a dozen of the other and neither really hit the setting right.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

From what I have heard the only matches today were Adrenaline matches. Both Saint and Grey pulled out and when Bret was presented with the award for his and Bulldog's match at Summerslam, they did it as the stand where Bret was signing stuff. Bret didn't go to the wrestling arena part they went to him.

I will had that is just what I heard but the person who told me had no reason to lie.

I'm interested in the Saint/Grey situation. Because I was told that Saint would be there and Grey had been asked to appear to do a match with him and said no. This was 5 days before the match was announced. I could have been misinformed, but the fact that the match didn't happen has peaked my curiosity.

Hey Quick Reply to a few of the latest replies

Saint/grey did not happen i asked richard parker at 12 o clock today and he goes "saint i tuck in traffic and will not be able to make it" 1st saint had three hours from 13 till 3 to get there and to get otu of traffic

Grey was a no show

there was no HOF when we was told yesterday there was going to be a few awards

and brookside no show

Nik Riley was the favourite babyface and won the royal rumble only to get killed by redman/rees

shane killed a women wrestler from sweeden called jenny sjidon

bret was unaware of the result and axl rage presnted him the award to him over the back not by Fwa

My Memorabilia day

The plan was have a look around maybe get some wrestling merchandise and maybe get to meet Bret Hart. Memorabilia was also the venue for the the FWA's European Uprising show. I got to the show and had only been in there 5 minutes when I got to a stall ran by a guy who has been doing the show for years selling wrestling figures and other wrestling related stuff. And the guy, Kev, asked me to help out on his stall as he has the headache of dealing with the Bret Hart signing because he was responsible of bringing him over to the UK. He had family members and friends helping out but Kev said to them he wanted me to help as I knew about figures LOL. I know you're probably bored now, I just wanted to mention this as it led me to an awful lot of rushing about around this quite big stall. I didn't get to see any other stall as I was stuck selling figures. Anyway, the finally got a bit slower on the stall so was able to get a picture with Bret, the only pic Bret took with anyone on his side of the table which was good. No idea why but I can't add pictures to this blog page anymore so the pic is available to see on my facebook page if you are a friend of mine on there, add me if you're not.

The FWA show was in full effect, I could hear it going on in the background and I did have a ringside seat reserved thanks to my good friend James Shaw. I finally got to my seat during the third match from the end. This match was The heel stable of The Agenda (Rees, Dave Moralez & Joel Redman) vs. The Resistance of Nick Riley, Bubblegum & Sha Samuels. I have not been following FWA, didn't really know any of the matches leading into the show apart from what was scheduled as the 2 last matches. As I wasn't following what was going on, I was surprised to see Joel Redmond as a heel, just wanted to add that in. The Agenda got the win by the way, as I said, I only got to see the ending of the match but it was a decent six man tag from what I saw. The semi main even was supposed to be 'Wonderkid' Jonny Storm against fellow Birmingham boy 'Rockstar' Spud but earlier on in the show from what I was told, Spud came out cut a promo and said he was unable to wrestle due to an injury. This was a shame really, this was a match I was looking forward too and the added ingredient to this match was the fact it was a ladder match nd at stake in a briefcase above the ring was a contract and whoever grabbed that briefcase and obtained the contract would have ownership of the gimmick 'Wonderkid'. As Spud was injured, he had someone take his place in the match and this was Axl Rage as the two were about to start the match, out came the 'Showstealer' Nathan Cruz and he said he thought he should be in the match and he gave his reasons for thinking so. So the match was agreed and it was set a 3 way match. Spud took a spot on commentary in place of Greg 'The Truth' Lambert. I won't go spot for spot for what happened in the match but it was full of good highspots and overall action with Storm getting the case and ripping up the contract while sat on top of the ladder. Shame Spud wasn't in the match but I am sure that will come soon enough. It was a very good match though and Rage & Cruz held their own in there with the excellent 'Wonderkid' Jonny Storm.

And now for the main event, out first came the special guest referee Alex Shane then came the challenger Leroy Kincaide soon followed by the leader of The Agenda FWA World Heavyweight champion 'The Guv'nor' Martin Stone. I told James sitting next to me that the first time I saw Stone & Kincaide they were both 'bodyguards' for one Alex Shane some years ago. Anyway, the internet has been rife with rumours that Stone has signed a developmental contract with the WWE and this led me to believe that the title was bound to change hands. The match was very hard hitting, Alex played a great role of an impartial referee and the match was very two and fro but after 15 minutes or so, Shane got bumped outside the ring another ref came out to take over the match but eventually Shane made it back into the ring with the other ref bumped as Kincaide was preparing to hit Stone with some sort of move but Shane hit him with a big boot to the face, he then ordered Stone to cover Kincaide and called for another ref to come out, one did and Shane told him to count the pin and sensibly the ref told Shane he was the ref but he screamed at him "I want you to count the pin" this took place and Martin Stone is still the FWA heavyweight champion. Alex Shane took the microphone and went into a tirade about what has happened and what will happen in the future. He was joined in the ring by Stone and The Agenda aswell as Greg Lambert in his black leather gloves. As he now joined The Agenda but changed the name to The Illumanati and all the guys posed in the ring making a hand sign resembling a diamond, this is the symbol of The Illumanati.

Overall, I was impressed with what I saw by the FWA and would like to say here, well done guys great wrestling and great storylines. Looks good for the future.

Shane hit him with a big boot to the face, he then ordered Stone to cover Kincaide and called for another ref to come out, one did and Shane told him to count the pin and sensibly the ref told Shane he was the ref but he screamed at him "I want you to count the pin" this took place and Martin Stone is still the FWA heavyweight champion.

Just out of curiosity, how long was Kincaide down for? From your description, it sounds like he was being pinned for a fair while before a count was made.

all the guys posed in the ring making a hand sign resembling a diamond, this is the symbol of The Illumanati.

Paging Dallas Page.

I have been to the last 8 Memorabilia events at the NEC, not as a wrestling fan but to treat my son, as he is a keen collector of wrestling figures. Each one of these events has had live wrestling & each event had one thing in common. A BRUTAL audience that only stops to sneer before carrying on doing whatever they came to do. You do get a lot of WWE fans who also seem to look down their noses at British Wrestling.

I was looking forward to the British Wrestling HOF, along with one other bloke! So perhaps if was best to have it axed, this was embarrasing enough without an award ceremony that no one gave a shit about.

I have watched literally thousands of wrestling shows over 35years & whenever you take wrestling out of its comfort zone you always get apathy at best & drunks challenging the wrestlers, at worst (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I would dearly love to say something positive about Sundays FWA show, er............ Dave Breaks is quite good............er........ it was free.........er.......no sorry that is it !

Archived