FWA: European Uprising

FWAUK.com

To be fair I personally wouldn't say that the "vast majority" are BWC schools, there's a fair few considering the overall attendance but i'd say the vast majority at most shows are parents with kids

What about those shows that drew very low numbers?

I really want to like FWA, but with the Alex Shane storyline/Illuminati rubbish, and the Grapple Group making guys work for free, it's just putting me off it. The Grapple Group thing shouldn't matter, because I know it's nothing to do with me, but I just can't help it. It affects the way I view the FWA. Was the Grapple Group idea just something to get free workers? Maybe they FWA expected to be financially able to run more events than they have, but it hasn't worked out that way? It's nice the guys get insurance, but is there really any other benefit to them? Surely it would be cheaper, after being paid, to pay for their own insurance?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having attending the sunday show, i've got a small query...?

in the closing stages of the show, there was a ...8 person rumble to determine i believe the number one contender for the XWA Heavyweight Title? which the young high flier Nick Riley managed to pick up the win in...

but then...Alex Shane comes out with his lackies (Rees, Redman and Lambert) and tells Nick that in order to get to him, he has to get through both Joel Redman and Iestyn Rees....which he does!

then after all the madness that occured after that, shane hitting the big boot, picking nick back off the ring after the count of 2, to send some form of message? berating him and the rest of the lockeroom trying to put a stop to it all.....Nick Riley rolled up Alex Shane for the 1....2......3 thus becoming the new XWA Heayweight champion!

but......

while Nick was celebrating.....somebody from the back rushed out and grabbed the title from nick, and said from wot i made out....."the bell didnt ring.....this match never began?" or something like that

and now.....when i look around the XWA...FWA websites and such.....i see no conformation of this ever even happening?

i for one would like to know wot the deal is?

I do not know how many shows the"new" FWA have put on? But i have been to four of them & i would love to give them a rave revue, but sadly each show left me scratching my head?

The FWA do mean well & on the whole do try & do the right thing by British Wrestling. I just feel that their version of wrestling is hard to relate to? Also one thing that has already been mentioned is the lack of "an underground scene" that they tapped into so well during their first stint as a promotion.

I will continue to support the FWA, If only because i stubbornly refuse to turn my back on British Wrestling. It has to be said though, that it is time to learn from previous mistakes.

As a Scottish Wrestling fan , I object to the BRITISH Wrestling Council, as it has no connection to Scotland. For example there are no BWC affiliated schools in Scotland according to their own site , maybe a more appropriate name would be the English and Welsh Wrestling Council.

Personally my objections to both the FWA is this.

The product is good, the wrestling is good. But the booking is atrocious.The storyline aspect of it has really turned me off the FWA. Has Alex Shane done alot for UK wrestling, yes, is he the man to take it to the mainstream, No.

Also this perception that it is somehow important on a Global Scale. The comparisons to WWE is a sign of how deluded some people really are.

As a Scottish Wrestling fan , I object to the BRITISH Wrestling Council, as it has no connection to Scotland. For example there are no BWC affiliated schools in Scotland according to their own site , maybe a more appropriate name would be the English and Welsh Wrestling Council.

The product is good, the wrestling is good. But the booking is atrocious.The storyline aspect of it has really turned me off the FWA. Has Alex Shane done alot for UK wrestling, yes, is he the man to take it to the mainstream, No.

Also this perception that it is somehow important on a Global Scale. The comparisons to WWE is a sign of how deluded some people really are.

This is pretty much my issue with the FWA/BWC at the moment, along with the Grapple Group'ers must work for free idea.

This is pretty much my issue with the FWA/BWC at the moment, along with the Grapple Group'ers must work for free idea.

They made this announcement on the website on the 13th January 2010.

13th January 2010

The British Wrestling Council Welcomes Scotland To The Fold and Announces Several New Agents

After the release of it

• 4 weeks later...

Archived