The moment you thought about quitting wrestling

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with AmpedUp on this one, I actually enjoy seeing John succeed simply because it fucks everyone else off.

If you think Cena is bad, try to sit through the Hogan generation, then come back to me.

Edited by Paul

I dunno if its "cool" to dislike him, I just cant stand him as a performer/entertainer.

I grew up with the later half of the Hogan generation, ive watched alot of wrestling Hogan connected with people, Cena just doesnt. Hogans promo's were decent back then Cenas are cringe worthy. I prefer the leg drop as a finisher to Cenas STFU.

(Dr.PeterVenkman @ Sep 10 2010, 21:44)

I assume no one has a picture of my mum and dad getting rid of Sky Sports

How much would that freak you out if someone did.

It was horrible when that happened only access was Euro Sport and some shitty stuff on Euro Sport it was annoying listening to the Heart Break Hotel in German

• Paid Members
John_Cena_30.jpg

13949024_display_image.jpg

These in particular baffle me. Cena vs HBK at Mania 23 was a cracking match and I didn't think Cena vs Batista this year was was half bad either. Plus, how awesome is that last photo of Cena posing with the haters? It just goes to show that John Cena is an absolute class act. Fair enough if you didn't want to see Cena win, but did they seriously make you consider actually stop watching altogether?

Back to JBL, all is certainly forgiven now and in hindsight I'd actually say they definitely made the right decision. For instance, they could've fast tracked Cena to an even earlier title reign and he could've gone the way of Randy Orton, who took seemingly ages to recover from his own capitulation. Some of JBL's matches, like the two big PPV bouts with Undertaker for instance, were a bit ugly, but he really shone through as a character and made for some entertaining television.

• Paid Members

I was the total opposite on JBL. When he won the title, I was about the only person on here defending the decision against the barrage of hate because the character was genius. They didn't give it enough time to develop before they put the title on him. However as it went on and he put together that shitty stable and had terrible title matches with cheap finishes, I disliked him more and more. Like most things in WWE over the past 7 or 8 years, everything became quite repetitive. I still think the character was genius and JBL just had it with the microphone but they didn't develop it the way they could have.

I was the total opposite on JBL. When he won the title, I was about the only person on here defending the decision against the barrage of hate because the character was genius. They didn't give it enough time to develop before they put the title on him. However as it went on and he put together that shitty stable and had terrible title matches with cheap finishes, I disliked him more and more. Like most things in WWE over the past 7 or 8 years, everything became quite repetitive. I still think the character was genius and JBL just had it with the microphone but they didn't develop it the way they could have.

I loved JBL as champion, he could pull out some good matches, his promo's were great loved the change from Bradshaw to JBL. Then afterwards he was great at a commentator.

wweuniverse.jpg

Combined with the 'blood doctor' rushing out during matches, and Michael Cole replacing Jim Ross.

EDIT... Forgot to mention that this actually did make me quit wrestling. It's too child orientated, and just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

Edited by The Wagon Man

This image ensured I'll keep watching wrestling forever. I love that the same dickhead was sitting ringside two years running and Cena found him and posed with him again.

Combined with the 'blood doctor' rushing out during matches, and Michael Cole replacing Jim Ross.

EDIT... Forgot to mention that this actually did make me quit wrestling. It's too child orientated, and just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

Same thing happened to me with football. I was watching the match and some fucking physio appeared, and I thought sod that. Premier League? More like daycare league.

Edited by Pityinthecityofsin

• Paid Members

This image ensured I'll keep watching wrestling forever. I love that the same dickhead was sitting ringside two years running and Cena found him and posed with him again.

How fucking amazing is this picture?

13955964.jpg

This is what really got Cena over with me. These images never fail to put a grin on my face.

• Moderators
439x.jpg

Before the Nexus angle, I said to myself 'fuck watching this shit.'

They couldn't get Dick Murdoch, because he's dead, but they got his old Texas Outlaw partner Stardust. Stardust is awesome, so it's brilliant.

5 pages of people mentioning all kinds of shit with no critisism, then a few mentions of Cena lead to the people posting it being questioned for why they hate him and people summizing it's just because it's the cool thing to do.

I'm all for discussion and everything but a lot of people on here seem to dismiss anyone critisizing John Cena as someone doing it just to get a reaction.

Personally I find his matches hard to enjoy because his offence and his selling - so everything he does inside a wrestling ring - are so phony looking (something I've never said about any other WWE main eventer ever) that I can't suspend my disbelief, and I have the same problem with his promos. I love psychology in a match where the heel breaks down the babyface until he can muster up a comeback. That's probably the biggest critisism of Cena (and there are many), that he STILL hasn't grasped the concept that if somebody works for 10 minutes on your arm or leg you really shouldn't be running around or picking people up 2 minutes later.

So there is literally nothing about John Cena I enjoy watching.

... just kidding, I only don't like him because it's the cool thing to do.