The moment you thought about quitting wrestling

IANdrewDiceClay

Those Eddie/Mysterio 2005 matches were terrible, and they were so freakin boring. I never want to have to sit through the Judgment Day match again especially, that was brutal. I do think that Guerrero is a bit overrated due to his death though, becuase I think the only two matches of his I love is the first JBL match and against Ric Flair from Hog Wild, but the rest I find to be a bit crap.

No Way Out against Lesnar?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Eddie/Mysterio 2005 matches were terrible, and they were so freakin boring. I never want to have to sit through the Judgment Day match again especially, that was brutal. I do think that Guerrero is a bit overrated due to his death though, becuase I think the only two matches of his I love is the first JBL match and against Ric Flair from Hog Wild, but the rest I find to be a bit crap.

Well, this ought to go down a treat.

What do you mean? I do love those two matches, but the rest of the "highly rated matches" I think are boring and over-rated.

• Paid Members
I do think that Guerrero is a bit overrated due to his death though

Utter bullshit. Guerrero became an incredible all-rounder. When he died he was in the top 3 talkers and top 3 workers in the country. He's not over-rated at all. If anything, WWE's vomit-inducing use of his name since he died has tarnished his reputation.

• Paid Members

:bored: back with a vengence

Edited by Chilli_Dog

I do think that Guerrero is a bit overrated due to his death though

Utter bullshit. Guerrero became an incredible all-rounder. When he died he was in the top 3 talkers and top 3 workers in the country. He's not over-rated at all. If anything, WWE's vomit-inducing use of his name since he died has tarnished his reputation.

Hear, hear.

• Paid Members

The first JBL match is only well remembered for Guerrero's impression of the pig scene from Carrie that proper fucked him up.

His stuff with Chavo was outstanding as Los Guerrero's as was his US Title run. And the fact you didn't mention his mind blowing performance with Rey Mysterio at Halloween Havoc 97 is nuts Dill

:laugh: I know wrestling is subjective (a point I made about Cena/Triple H putting people off earlier on) but I'd question how much Guerrero you've seen if you found that outside of two matches "the rest (of Eddie Guerrero's career) a bit crap".

It'd be easy to buy into the Dillkid "he's only over-rated because of his death" scenario if everyone hadn't been raving just as much before he died about how good he was.

But they were. So Dillkid is just talking shit.

Yeah, it's not like people thought his stuff with people like Santo, Liger, Benoit, Malenko, Mysterio, Lesnar or even Big Show sucked at the time suddenly went back and decided it was great once he died. Guerrero's probably the worst possible example you could pick for someone being "over-rated once they died" along with Misawa and Benoit since they were all smark favourites going at least back to the 90s. In fact you don't even have to look at the dirtsheets I remember Los Gringos Locos were getting praised in SOW back when AAA was on Galavision over here. A lot of people liked Guerrero for as long as I've heard of him.

:laugh: I know wrestling is subjective (a point I made about Cena/Triple H putting people off earlier on) but I'd question how much Guerrero you've seen if you found that outside of two matches "the rest (of Eddie Guerrero's career) a bit crap".

Dill's probably watched as many Eddie Guerrero matches as anyone else here, he just hates everything.

I dread when CVD comes into this thread and says Eddie can't cut a promo for shit.

Have you missed a lot of the last page of the thread? Cleetus was around on the page before this one.

I must admit i did consider quitting after they botched the invasion angle and when i watched Shane 'hardest man alive' taek everyones finisher before he got pinned and then after he no no sold it and the next day on tv he was acting like nothing happened. This was at the height of my "i hate the fact that the mcmahons are on every fn segment of tv' mindset.

Dill's probably watched as many Eddie Guerrero matches as anyone else here, he just hates everything.

Not everything, but it takes something special for me to like. Simple as.

• Paid Members

Not everything, but it takes something special for me to like. Simple as.

You have about 8 million wrestling DVDs! I'd have thought you were easily pleased.