The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

Isn't Kazushi Sakuraba in the EA game?

Mark Hunt is making his UFC debut at 199 vs Sean McCorkle. His record is 5-6 but two of the wins were over Wanderlei and Cro-Cop in their primes. Could be interesting if Hunt is in shape and motivated.

Apperently Sakuraba couldnt be put in as he has signed his rights away to another video game franchise

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Mark Hunt is making his UFC debut at 199 vs Sean McCorkle. His record is 5-6 but two of the wins were over Wanderlei and Cro-Cop in their primes. Could be interesting if Hunt is in shape and motivated.

i hope so, but who knows?

last i heard Hunt was in horrible shape and had all but quit fighting. The announcement that he was coming to the UFC was one of the weirdest signings in years.

I'm a Hunt fan though so im hoping he's taking this seriously...there's always gonna be fun fights to make with him.

I read on MMA news that Jon Jones would be fighting the winner of Bader/Little Nog.

Fans wondering when Jon "Bones" Jones will be climbing back into the Octagon will have to wait until the winner of UFC 119's Ryan Bader Vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira bout takes place as Jones has gone on record that his next opponent will be the winner of that bout:

"Right now I'm waiting for Ryan Bader and Lil' Nog to fight each other and I'll fight the winner of that, and I'm predicting that I'm about two fights away from a title shot. I had a meeting with Dana and Lorenzo and that's kind of where were going with it. They didn't really say two fights. They said you know, you beat the winner of Bader/Lil' Nog, we'll give you one more fight. We'll see you know how you win the fights, depending on the fashion of the finish, then you know, we'll give you a title shot."

Props: Inside MMA

• Paid Members

Yeah Hunt looks much better than the last time I saw him.He's got a shirt on but from what you can see he looks in possibly the best shape of his career.

It's not likely but I'd love to see Hunt make a run at the title.If he can stay in shape that will be a start but he's gonna need a lot of work on his ground game.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hunt-Cro Cop 3,Hunt-Barry and Hunt vs Big Country in a battle of the bellies :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

And the upcoming Fight Night in September is complete and looks excellent

MAIN CARD

Nate Marquardt vs. Rousimar Palhares

Efrain Escudero vs. Charles Oliveira*

Jim Miller vs. Gleison Tibau

Cole Miller vs. Ross Pearson

PRELIMINARY CARD

John Gunderson vs. Yves Edwards*

Jared Hamman vs. Kyle Kingsbury

Dave Branch vs. Tomasz Drwal

Rich Attonito vs. Rafael Natal

David Mitchell vs. Anthony Waldburger

Brian Foster vs. Forrest Petz

That main card's great.Looking forward to all four fights there.Hope Pearson KO's Cole Miller,never liked Miller and I'd fucking love to see Pearson vs the winner of Stephens/Guillard or maybe even Gomi next.

Tibau-Miller's a tough one but I'm slightly leaning towards Tibau.Think Marquardt should take the win but Palhares is always dangerous,if he gets a hold of a limb he'll try to rip it straight off.I fancy Nate to keep it standing where he has a big advantage.And Oliveira looked outstanding in his debut,he could be something special.Big step up in comp here though so this should tell us more about him.

Great main card,none of the fights appear to be mismatches and all have FOTN potential.

Nice to see Yves Edwards back in the UFC too,one of my favourite lightweights from my early days as a fan.

And David Mitchell in MMA :laugh:

Although look at him

david-mitchell.jpg

Scary dude,I wouldn't mess with him that's for sure.

Just messing obviously :rolleyes: This is the real MMA David Mitchell

20091223024730_david_mitchell.JPG

Seems decent enough.11-0 with 9 submissions and a win over War Machine.

• Paid Members

yeh it would hard to justify giving a guy with a 5 fight losing streak a main card slot. However, they could bring in Hunt as a big deal, most people ain't gonna care about the streak and while we always here Rogan harping on about 'K-1 level striking', this is the first K-1 Grand Prix Champion to compete in the UFC (Schilt don't count cause he won it after he left the UFC).

If Hunt wins here and looks decent expect him to be up there next time, a fight between Hunt/Crocop could warrant co-main event status. I see this fight to be a bit of a test run.

It's a prelim i will definately be getting my hands on.

• Paid Members

Just seen this Jon Jones quote

"Right now I'm waiting for Ryan Bader and Lil' Nog to fight each other and I'll fight the winner of that, and I'm predicting that I'm about two fights away from a title shot. I had a meeting with Dana and Lorenzo and that's kind of where were going with it. They didn't really say two fights. They said you know, you beat the winner of Bader/Lil' Nog, we'll give you one more fight. We'll see you know how you win the fights, depending on the fashion of the finish, then you know, we'll give you a title shot."

Guess the Jones/Forrest fight isn't happening after all.

I like this though.I'd like to see Jones vs Little Nog/Bader with whoever comes out on top getting the Machida-Rampage winner in a contenders fight.This should take us up to around spring/summer time when Shogun vs Rashad is meant to be happening.

Then there's Randy,Forrest,Franklin and Tito who you can make some interesting fights with in the meantime.

Regarding Hunt and his signing with UFC

Strange timing indeed and there is a reason, apperently they inherited some fights of Hunt when they bought Pride years ago, Hunt persisted they use them and rumor is he even threatned legal action

Dont know much about his oppenent I kinda hope Hunt wins for nostalgia value and I wouldnt mind seeing him and Cro Cop again

Archived