The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It is probably good unfortunatly at the time, sherdog ruined the results and it was everywhere on the internet before it went on air so I knew who was winning pretty much every fight, luckily this hasnt happened since and UFC have never forgiven Josh Gross the guy who leaked out the information

Never knew about the leak,I hate stuff like that.Around that time my internet was fucked so I'd just watch on Bravo every week, I never saw any spoilers luckily that would have probably hurt my enjoyment of the season.

I rarely go on Sherdog for reasons like that.Plus the mong ratio on there is too high for me to cope with for more than 5 minutes :)

• Paid Members

Bit of Brit on Brit trash talk here from Michael Bisping

"I think now it's become the cool thing to slag me off - I don't know where it's come from a lot of it to be honest. You know, I'm an approachable guy, I always have time for everyone and yeah, sometimes I say some things sometimes that might piss people off a little bit, but most of the time it's tongue in cheek and I'm having a laugh and they don't get that" he adds.

"To see if from some of the UK guys pisses me off. I've been a proud ambassador of UK MMA, I've worked hard and I've helped grow the sport to where it is. I haven't disappeared off to America, like some Mohican wearing people and lived there and trained there, but then come back here and pretend I'm English.

"My roots are here in England and I stay here and I train here and I'm proud to be English. You know, I don't go training in America because the trainings better, but then come here and try and get all the UK fans on my side. I'm English and this is where I'm from and this is where I train".

I've always defended Bisping but what the fuck's brought this on? This comes off as a bit of jealousy to me that Dan Hardy might be replacing him as the top UK UFC fighter.

The last bit about training is bollocks.Of course you should go wherever you feel you will get the best training.That doesn't make Hardy any less English.Wonder if he thinks his mate Rampage is a traitor aswell for training in the UK when he's American?

Comes across very bitter.

Bit of Brit on Brit trash talk here from Michael Bisping

"I think now it's become the cool thing to slag me off - I don't know where it's come from a lot of it to be honest. You know, I'm an approachable guy, I always have time for everyone and yeah, sometimes I say some things sometimes that might piss people off a little bit, but most of the time it's tongue in cheek and I'm having a laugh and they don't get that" he adds.

"To see if from some of the UK guys pisses me off. I've been a proud ambassador of UK MMA, I've worked hard and I've helped grow the sport to where it is. I haven't disappeared off to America, like some Mohican wearing people and lived there and trained there, but then come back here and pretend I'm English.

"My roots are here in England and I stay here and I train here and I'm proud to be English. You know, I don't go training in America because the trainings better, but then come here and try and get all the UK fans on my side. I'm English and this is where I'm from and this is where I train".

I've always defended Bisping but what the fuck's brought this on? This comes off as a bit of jealousy to me that Dan Hardy might be replacing him as the top UK UFC fighter.

The last bit about training is bollocks.Of course you should go wherever you feel you will get the best training.That doesn't make Hardy any less English.Wonder if he thinks his mate Rampage is a traitor aswell for training in the UK when he's American?

Comes across very bitter.

What a hypacrite

He left Wolfslair for a while in 2007 to train with Juanito Iberra in Amercia

Here's a question for you MMA marks: Alex Reid, Jordan's b/f - just how insignificant is he in MMA? Because he's being interviewed on This Morning as if he's Ricky Hatton or something.

I missed that.

Since nabbing an interview with Watson I've been trying to get an interview with Reid, no joy yet but Whoa TV have filmed a pretty decent one:

VIDEO: Alex Reid Interview

Ken Shamrock's got another fight lined up...

he's fighting Johnathon Ivey at USA MMA on October 16th. Ivey's a journeyman who's lost to pretty much any decent fighter he's ever faced.

Finally Shamrock appears to be doing the Dan Severn type thing in fighting guys he can be competitive with and win, Shamrock's been punching above his weight for a long time. If he still wants to fight, fine...but at least make it worth your while.

for anyone wondering if Ivey has done anything memorable in his career...he has:

ni6pi.gif

:thumbsup:

Abdullah The Butcher immediately sprung to mind :cool:

• Paid Members

Sh1ne Fights dont have much luck, because they offered the fans a chance to pick the fights for the 8 man tournament next week, they've been denied a licence to hold the show in the planned state. The shows now been moved to another state a week out, dunno how that's meant to work with ticket sales and whatever.

DOH!

• Paid Members
Thursday 9th:

Taichi Palace Fighting 6 - High Stakes

high-stakes_medium.jpg

Doug Marshall vs. Kasey Uscola

Rob McCullough vs. Corey Hill

Anthony Ruiz vs. Leopoldo Serao

Micah Miller vs. Diego Saraiva

card is aired on GoFightLive ppv...never used it, but im tempted to try it for this.

Does anyone know what the situation is with Corey Hill? After the hideous leg break back at the Fight for the Troops special, I was under the impression that the UFC was going to pay for his medical bills and keep him under contract. I am sure I have seen his name pop up on another minor show recently, was he quietly released by the UFC?

i think they just released him...he was taken care of financially as far as i know though.

Don't fancy his chances against Razor Rob though.

While DVD sales have long provided a consistent revenue stream for the UFC, the company's sister promotion just recently joined the market.

Now, a little less than two months after releasing its first title, "WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber," under an agreement with Image Entertainment, Inc., the promotion has announced a follow-up.

On Tuesday, Sept. 7, a selection of some of the best fights under the WEC banner from 2008 and 2009 will be released on a "Best of WEC" DVD.

"After the success of our first release, 'Aldo vs. Faber,' we are excited to offer 'Best of WEC' to our loyal fans," WEC vice president Peter Dropick stated in the official release. "Our goal is to give our following the opportunity to build a library of some of the greatest fights in WEC history. 'Best of WEC' continues that trend and is an absolute must-have for any mixed martial arts fan."

All six of the bouts featured earned "Fight of the Night" bonuses. The full lineup includes:

Archived