Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Paid Members

Sorry, just noticed this

That's good to hear. You guys do a great job, would hate to see you go away all together. Will 167 still come out?

That's the plan, and the 30th Anniversary DVD when we get masters for that :)

I assume you mean 20th Anniversary, Zeus?

38e567d976_512ExVPK10L.jpg

Are you still planning to release this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yes and no. I'm under the impression that Home Video releases won't be added to the Network immediately on release. Obviously there's less of a draw for this particular title, with them putting up the complete archive of WCW PPV's but there will always be a collectors market and I expect this is where exclusive DVD/BD extras will become key. It'll be like Netflix where you get the main feature but not the bonus content.

Yes and no. I'm under the impression that Home Video releases won't be added to the Network immediately on release. Obviously there's less of a draw for this particular title, with them putting up the complete archive of WCW PPV's but there will always be a collectors market and I expect this is where exclusive DVD/BD extras will become key. It'll be like Netflix where you get the main feature but not the bonus content.

Absolutely. I think there will ALWAYS be a collector's market for DVD and Blu-ray, at least from the last few generations of fans. I will be getting the Network when it's launched over here, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stop collecting to add to my 500+ DVDs and Blu Rays from WWE, NJPW, AJPW, NOAH and Dragon Gate.

And that WCW cover is fantastic. I'm a little worried that there will be repeats-a-plenty though...

Has there been any further news on the April DVD release for a title called Best of Raw - Off the Air?

This title sounds too good to be true. 3 disks worth of Dark Matches & after the show stuff including Steve Austin beer bashes.

Not sure how far back they will go but would love to see a certain Raw from November 1998 after the show when xpac & Rock battled for the title as Austin gave stunners to the entire corporation & DX including both McMahons. Always seen bits in promo clips and would love to see it in full. Or maybe something from the Manhattan years.

Heard a long standing rumour that Owen Hart & Kurt Angle had a dark match on Raw at one time. No idea if this is true or not but that would be a rare gem if true.

Heard a long standing rumour that Owen Hart & Kurt Angle had a dark match on Raw at one time. No idea if this is true or not but that would be a rare gem if true.

Never heard of the DVD that is in the pipeline but according to thehistoryofwwe, Kurt Angle and Owen Hart had a dark match at a Raw taping two weeks before Owen's death.

Never heard of the DVD that is in the pipeline but according to thehistoryofwwe, Kurt Angle and Owen Hart had a dark match at a Raw taping two weeks before Owen's death.

Yup

WWF @ Orlando, FL - Arena - May 10, 1999 (sell out)Owen Hart pinned Kurt Angle with a spin kick.

Here

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-planni...e-air-dvd/56724

You may recall that last month a 2014 WWE DVD Survey was issued to fans which contained a new DVD idea named

Personally speaking, I'll continue to get the WCW DVDs as they're released, even after the Network comes here. They tend to be spaced enough to not burn me out and I like the fact that I have all these WCW matches on DVD. I don't have much interest in buying WWE DVDs anymore (a double header of Fremantle putting an end to the cheap Silver Vision deals and a general lack of interest in watching old WWE at the moment), but the WCW sets are always a fun nostalgia watch, and the covers always look really nice.

Archived