Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

Don't worry - not gone, yet! Going into administration doesn't automatically mean death for a company. The UFC 166 DVD will be coming out as planned, and I still have to be in work on Monday, when I should be at home watching Muppet Christmas Carol!

That's good to hear. You guys do a great job, would hate to see you go away all together. Will 167 still come out?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like a horribly selfish person, but in the midst of Christmas shopping I was really tempted to buy myself that Raw 20th Anniversary collection with the 20 best Raw episodes. Will probably be one of my first post-Christmas purchases. Anyone here got it/watched it? Accurate representation of the best Raws or lacking in some parts?

I feel like a horribly selfish person, but in the midst of Christmas shopping I was really tempted to buy myself that Raw 20th Anniversary collection with the 20 best Raw episodes. Will probably be one of my first post-Christmas purchases. Anyone here got it/watched it? Accurate representation of the best Raws or lacking in some parts?

Once it's released here I'll definitely buy it.

Don't worry - not gone, yet! Going into administration doesn't automatically mean death for a company. The UFC 166 DVD will be coming out as planned, and I still have to be in work on Monday, when I should be at home watching Muppet Christmas Carol!

That's good to hear. You guys do a great job, would hate to see you go away all together. Will 167 still come out?

That's the plan, and the 30th Anniversary DVD when we get masters for that :)

That G1 Climax set is expensive - is that just the import to the UK price making it so high? I haven't watched hardly any New Japan in years, not since the early 2000s when Nagata, Kanemoto, AKIRA and some young chap called Tanahashi were rocking my world.

That's the plan, and the 30th Anniversary DVD when we get masters for that :)

That G1 Climax set is expensive - is that just the import to the UK price making it so high? I haven't watched hardly any New Japan in years, not since the early 2000s when Nagata, Kanemoto, AKIRA and some young chap called Tanahashi were rocking my world.

I heard from a source of mine that the new Raw set (with all the full episodes on) isn't being released in the UK due to BBFC costs. According to my friend, WWEDVD UK emailed him directly to tell him this - perhaps in answer to his email, not sure.

That price is actually without taxes or import duties. I don't get charged any import/taxes because of the shop/sources I use. Still, although the price may seem ridiculous, it's well worth it to me and for my collection. Some of the other sets are cheaper - NOAH PPV's are approx

Once it's released here I'll definitely buy it.

Picked it up today. Definitely delicious so far. The beginning of the set runs through some interesting facts and figures, stuff that even the biggest wrestling nerd wouldn't know, like what town Raw has been at the most, and how many different announcers there has been on Raw. One strange one was a quick graphic displaying the 8 states Raw hasn't emanated from. You'd think WWE wouldn't want to draw attention to stuff like that.

About to sit down and watch the original ECW invasion of Raw. The first two episodes are a treat, Shawn Michaels vs Marty Jannetty for the IC title in the first, and Michaels vs. Goldust for the WWF title in the second. Loving it so far.

• Paid Members
How much can I get this RAW 20 set for?

The wife got mine from importcds for just under

As noted before, WWE will be releasing a new DVD and Blu-ray on The Ultimate Warrior this year. WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that it will be released on Tuesday, April 1st, just in time for WrestleMania XXX.

It was previously reported that the set would be a match compilation and there was no official word on whether or not Warrior would be directly involved with the project. According to WrestlingDVDNews.com, new information refers to "documentary style interviews with Ultimate Warrior" but it's stated that those new interviews are still pending confirmation.

It could be that WWE is still trying to secure Warrior for a new deal, possibly the Hall of Fame induction, or at least were trying to sign him at the time the promotional material was made. New interviews with other wrestlers from Warrior's era will also be featured.

Archived