Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Paid Members
Tagged Classics were straight copies of the original Silver Vision video tapes. I'm guessing that seeing as WCW tapes were not produced by Silver Vision (Turner Home Video was it?), there will be no WCW (or ECW ones for that matter), and the fact that Silver Vision no longer have the WWE license means that there will be no more Tagged Classics, I'm thinking.

The Turner Home video issue isn't a problem I wouldn't think, as they have quite often shown WCW PPVs on their 24/7 (or classics on demand or whatever) service, including the Turner Home video logo, which suggests they own the footage including the VHS release versions. I don't think they will release such a series, but I imagine legally they could do at a minimal cost.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tagged Classics were straight copies of the original Silver Vision video tapes. I'm guessing that seeing as WCW tapes were not produced by Silver Vision (Turner Home Video was it?), there will be no WCW (or ECW ones for that matter), and the fact that Silver Vision no longer have the WWE license means that there will be no more Tagged Classics, I'm thinking.

The Turner Home video issue isn't a problem I wouldn't think, as they have quite often shown WCW PPVs on their 24/7 (or classics on demand or whatever) service, including the Turner Home video logo, which suggests they own the footage including the VHS release versions. I don't think they will release such a series, but I imagine legally they could do at a minimal cost.

"They" meaning WWE yeah, but the only reason the Tagged Classics series came to be was because Silver Vision already owned the VHS masters of all the previous WWE releases so it was easy for them to just re-release them on DVD. Any re-release of WCW material would have to come from WWE themselves, which they just aren't interested in doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Run time on the 50th anniversary DVD:

Disc 1: 2 hours (documentary).

Disc 2: 1 hour and 28 minutes.

Disc 3: 2 hours and 57 minutes.

What's the crack here then? Surely they can fit more stuff on a disc? Unless they are using single layer discs to save money, in which case why is the third disc three hours?

Run time on the 50th anniversary DVD:

Disc 1: 2 hours (documentary).

Disc 2: 1 hour and 28 minutes.

Disc 3: 2 hours and 57 minutes.

What's the crack here then? Surely they can fit more stuff on a disc? Unless they are using single layer discs to save money, in which case why is the third disc three hours?

Apart from the documentaries the majority of WWE DVD releases are very lazy for me, that's why i don't buy them.

The WWE 50 DVD is an absolutely disgraceful set (match listing). They have just shoved together a load of matches previously released on other sets with no rhyme or reason with a hope the title will sell it... It won't.

Where are the forgotten gems? Matches that made WWE the most famous wrestling I company in the world? Instead we get a mish mash of shit that people have seen or aren't interested in... (Lashley vs umaga!!!)

^ The focal point match of the highest drawing PPV they ever did. That's why it's on there.

Doesn't make it any good or worth revisiting though.

I just think for a 'WWE 50' we should be treated to matches that were awesomely amazing and not matches just 'cos it sold'. Alot of matches that sold, weren't worth revisiting.

I suppose it depends on what you want from the set. I want class matches, great moments that MATTER. Not stuff just because it was 'a big thing' at the time.

^ The focal point match of the highest drawing PPV they ever did. That's why it's on there.

Doesn't make it any good or worth revisiting though.

I just think for a 'WWE 50' we should be treated to matches that were awesomely amazing and not matches just 'cos it sold'. Alot of matches that sold, weren't worth revisiting.

I suppose it depends on what you want from the set. I want class matches, great moments that MATTER. Not stuff just because it was 'a big thing' at the time.

The 50 set isn't about the match listings though, the main focal point is the documentary

Credit: WrestlingDVDNews.com

Here is the official synopsis for the "Shawn Michaels: Mr. WrestleMania" DVD. The DVD will be released in the United States on February 11th, 2014. It will be available in Europe on March 10th.

"For 30 Years, WWE and its Superstars have created a pantheon of iconic WrestleMania moments that are immortalized forever in history- but only one man can lay claim to the nickname

So that's...

Rockers vs Twin Towers

Rockers vs Orient Express

Rockers vs Haku and Barbarian

HBK vs El Matador

HBK vs Tatanka

HBK vs Razor Ramon

HBK vs Diesel

HBK vs Bret

HBK vs Austin

HBK vs Jericho

HBK vs HHH vs Benoit