Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Paid Members
Just looking at the main event of the highest-ever rated Raw...

Undertaker, Triple H & Shane McMahon vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock & Mr. McMahon (Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels)

Can't have ever been many more star-studded, non-Rumble/Survivors matches than that one.

Problem is two of them are non wrestlers.

If you took them out it's Taker and HHH vs Austin and Rock. Nice but nothing particularly earth shattering.

I would say Hogan/Hall/Nash vs Austin/Rock would be a contender, as would DX vs Jerishow vs Taker/Cena

Or the RAW match featuring John Cena, Ricky Steamboat, CM Punk, Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio vs. Edge, Chris Jericho, Matt Hardy, Kane and Big Show for a more modern take

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Internet -

"A new WWE-issued survey to fans asked for feedback on the following possible new home video titles -

* Paul Heyman documentary.

* Where Are They Now.

* Best of World Class match compilation hosted by Michael Hayes.

* Bruno Sammartino documentary.

* The Nexus compilation.

* Best of Sting matches.

* Best of Matches from around the world.

* OMG! Top 50 WCW Moments.

* Best of Ultimate Warrior Matches.

* John Cena match compilation.

* Best Wrestlemania matches.

* Best of Big Men starring Andre the Giant and Big John Studd.

* Best of WWE PPV Matches.

* Behind the Scene DVD with "dark matches" and "moments, including Vince McMahon doing Spinaroonies."

michael-ps-hayes-michael-hayes-1381605063.jpg

From the Internet -

"A new WWE-issued survey to fans asked for feedback on the following possible new home video titles -

* Paul Heyman documentary.

* Where Are They Now.

* Best of World Class match compilation hosted by Michael Hayes.

* Bruno Sammartino documentary.

* The Nexus compilation.

* Best of Sting matches.

* Best of Matches from around the world.

* OMG! Top 50 WCW Moments.

* Best of Ultimate Warrior Matches.

* John Cena match compilation.

* Best Wrestlemania matches.

* Best of Big Men starring Andre the Giant and Big John Studd.

* Best of WWE PPV Matches.

* Behind the Scene DVD with "dark matches" and "moments, including Vince McMahon doing Spinaroonies."

michael-ps-hayes-michael-hayes-1381605063.jpg

I would love to see all of those! All really, really good choices. Things obviously really are thawing between WWE and Warrior then.

Best of Sting Matches would be a must buy for me.

Id be interested in the WCW 50 moments, but see it mostly being nWo related and already have the Nitro sets and last years nWo set. would be interested in the Word Class one and maybe the Heyman

Nexus comp really is scrapping the barrel

Behind the Scene DVD with "dark matches" and "moments, including Vince McMahon doing Spinaroonies.

Would want to see this as at least it would have content on it that i've never seen before.

That one's the one that stood out as scraping the barrel. Maybe as a budget one disc DVD, but I don't see the point. I suppose you could brand it as "Never seen before!" but who would buy it?

Behind the Scene DVD with "dark matches" and "moments, including Vince McMahon doing Spinaroonies.

Would want to see this as at least it would have content on it that i've never seen before.

That one's the one that stood out as scraping the barrel. Maybe as a budget one disc DVD, but I don't see the point. I suppose you could brand it as "Never seen before!" but who would buy it?

Don't see the point in the below 5 myself, i'm more interested in seeing unseen content than matches i've seen before or own already.

The Nexus compilation.

Best of Ultimate Warrior Matches.

John Cena match compilation.

Best Wrestlemania matches.

Best of WWE PPV Matches.

I'd like to see a series of Tagged Classics based on WCW PPVs starting from 88-89ish, I wouldn't be bothered about the later stuff like 98 onwards so much but it would be great to watch those early shows and have the collection. I suppose they could do the same for the ECW PPV's also, WWE have an amazing library with all this stuff, I wish they would take advantage of it more often.

The Bruno one and the WCCW greatest matches are the ones that I would most like to see, there are some interesting choices though.

I also agree with C-Rock some WCW tagged classics would be a great addition to my DVD collection.

I'd like to see a series of Tagged Classics based on WCW PPVs starting from 88-89ish, I wouldn't be bothered about the later stuff like 98 onwards so much but it would be great to watch those early shows and have the collection. I suppose they could do the same for the ECW PPV's also, WWE have an amazing library with all this stuff, I wish they would take advantage of it more often.

Tagged Classics were straight copies of the original Silver Vision video tapes. I'm guessing that seeing as WCW tapes were not produced by Silver Vision (Turner Home Video was it?), there will be no WCW (or ECW ones for that matter), and the fact that Silver Vision no longer have the WWE license means that there will be no more Tagged Classics, I'm thinking.

Archived