Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only standouts there for me are the Rhodes Family and Savage sets. I'm sure a Bryan DVD would be great too, but they could probably hold off for another year or so. Despite saying that, everyone fairly popular gets about three DVD sets these days, so perhaps it's a good idea to cash in on his popularity.

Mysterio already has TWO DVD's of matches so im not sure what they are playing at with that. Obviously Im well in for the Rhodes Family dvd, but maybe they could hold it off until Cody at least wins the big gold belt.

Macho Man Doc is where its at. And I hope they interview some decent people and not just The Miz and Kofi Kingston.

Mysterio already has TWO DVD's of matches so im not sure what they are playing at with that. Obviously Im well in for the Rhodes Family dvd, but maybe they could hold it off until Cody at least wins the big gold belt.

Macho Man Doc is where its at. And I hope they interview some decent people and not just The Miz and Kofi Kingston.

Mysterio has 3 DVDs, all of them are pretty good - would like to see another as he is always entertaining, maybe some of his 1999-2001 unmasked run?

WWE sent out a survery this weekend to test the interest in fans about potential DVD projects in 2014. Below is the list of possible DVD's WWE is considering releasing in 2014.

- Macho Man Randy Savage documentary and matches

- Best matches of Shawn Michaels

- Best matches of Chris Jericho

- Best matches of Daniel Bryan

- Best matches of Rey Mysterio

- Best matches of Rob Van Dam

- Best matches of Batista

- Stone Cold picks his favorite WWE matches

- John Cena documentary and matches

- Class of '96 (The Rock and Stone Cold)

- Rhodes Family documentary and matches

- Best of WCW Pay Per View matches

To be honest other than the best of WCW they all look shit and is a real piss take from WWE when you think how much they have in the archives. Ok - so I admit, I'm an old school fan but why not a boxset of stuff like 'Best of Superstars of Wrestling' similar to the Best of SNME they did. There's also stuff like a compilation of talk show segments like Piper's Pit, The Body Shop etc. and in this you could intersperse it with matches which came from incidents on these segments. How about a 'Rare and Unseen' There's matches like the Hogan vs Roberts one of which there's a small clip on Youtube. The list is endless without having to resort to yet another John Cena or Rey Mysterio comp.

They clearly need to make The Very Best of WWF Superstars!

WWF_Superstars_0006.jpg

Featuring loads of awesome early 90s angles...

Jake Roberts locks the Ultimate Warrior in a casket!

The Mountie electrocutes Bret Hart!

Papa Shango puts a curse on the Ultimate Warrior!

The Berzerker tries to stab The Undertaker with a sword!

Nailz arrives and batters the Big Boss Man!

and so on... :thumbsup:

They clearly need to make The Very Best of WWF Superstars!

WWF_Superstars_0006.jpg

Featuring loads of awesome early 90s angles...

Jake Roberts locks the Ultimate Warrior in a casket!

The Mountie electrocutes Bret Hart!

Papa Shango puts a curse on the Ultimate Warrior!

The Berzerker tries to stab The Undertaker with a sword!

Nailz arrives and batters the Big Boss Man!

and so on... :thumbsup:

Totally. The extent to which we remember this stuff with fondness is a testament in itself!

I know it wouldn't be for everyone but I'd like to see a DVD on the history of Womens/Divas wrestling, going right back to the days of Judy Grable and the Fabulous Moolah through the 80's and featuring the matches from the 90's with Alundra Blayze and the brief time the Japanese women were working for WWE and had some pretty good matches.

I read there were plans to release a DVD like this but it got cancelled?

I'd like RVD to get the documentary treatment to be honest.

Grew up, smoked some weed. Met Sabu and got trained by his uncle, smoked some weed. Went to ECW, smoked some weed. Filmed low budget martial arts film and appeared on the cover of 'High Times', smoked some weed. Went to WWF, smoked some weed. They changed to WWE and Benoit went mental, smoked some weed. Won title, got fired because I smoked some weed. Met Hogan, smoked some weed with Hogan. Went to TNA, got bored, left, smoked some weed. Went to WWE, turned in some great performances, waiting on getting fired again for smoking weed.

Better get an ounce in for that one.

Archived