Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

Wasn't that keen on the triple h DVD, like others have said it was very patchy and the match selection seemed weird to me. Also did they say after he beat Jericho at wmx8 he held the belt for 9 months? Fairly sure that didn't happen.

If they did say that, it's a pretty glaring mistake. Trips lost the belt to Hulk Hogan just one month later at Backlash 2002. :-/

He didn't hold a major title again 'till he was awarded the World Heavyweight Title just before Unforgiven of the same year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I didn't enjoy the Triple H dvd...it was basically 2 hours of total bum licking with nothing really interesting or unique in it. Basically going by this Triple H has always been great, has never had a bad match and has a great personality and everyone likes him.

• Paid Members
I didn't enjoy the Triple H dvd...it was basically 2 hours of total bum licking with nothing really interesting or unique in it. Basically going by this Triple H has always been great, has never had a bad match and has a great personality and everyone likes him.

They did point out how shite the Triple H/Orton match was at 'Mania 25. I was surprised they were honest about that.

Anyway, I was a fan of anything Vince did. His Triple H impression being the highlight.

02b65b84-546e-4ed6-b414-50ec03108c54_zpscb40654b.jpg

Just got done watching the Trips doc. A little disappointed to be honest. As has been pointed out, the timeline is all over the place with some glaring omissions like his 2000 feuds with Jericho, Foley and Kurt (probably his best year) and his Shawn feud which was the big thing on Raw for almost 2 years. Not as good as the Foley release and nowhere near as good as the Austin and Rock ones. It seems like with a lot of the Attitude era legends they have already told their stories before, but now they have better production values and more library footage and talking heads; sometimes it pays off with those earlier releases, but this one fell a bit short.

Aren't most of them a bit like that? CM Punk's was two hours of him self-promoting and crying about how every opportunity anyone else in wrestling got should have gone to him. These are official releases, they're not going to be full of people going "he's a cunt and useless." Except the Ultimate Warrior one.

WWE sent out a survery this weekend to test the interest in fans about potential DVD projects in 2014. Below is the list of possible DVD's WWE is considering releasing in 2014.

- Macho Man Randy Savage documentary and matches

- Best matches of Shawn Michaels

- Best matches of Chris Jericho

- Best matches of Daniel Bryan

- Best matches of Rey Mysterio

- Best matches of Rob Van Dam

- Best matches of Batista

- Stone Cold picks his favorite WWE matches

- John Cena documentary and matches

- Class of '96 (The Rock and Stone Cold)

- Rhodes Family documentary and matches

- Best of WCW Pay Per View matches

My choice would be the Randy Savage documentary, one of the few legends who's history is nigh-on untouched by WWE. Think it'd be a bit shortsighted for them to do a Bryan DVD right now since they don't like to repeat matches on subsequent DVD's and when he's probably got some of his best matches yet to come.

Rhodes Family & WCW PPV ones could be very good.

Hasn't Cena already got two/three full on documentary sets?

Archived