Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blu ray only matches for the goldberg collection

Battle Royal for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Goldberg vs. nWo Wolfpack (Kevin Nash, Sting, Konnan & Lex Luger) vs. nWo Hollywood (Curt Hennig, Giant, Scott Hall & Scott Norton)

Road Wild – August 8, 1998

Goldberg vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

SuperBrawl IX – February 21, 1999

Goldberg vs. Sting

Nitro – November 8, 1999

No Disqualification Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Goldberg vs. Bret Hart

Starrcade – December 19, 1999

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Goldberg vs. Shawn Michaels

RAW – October 20, 2003

EDIT- for battle royal cock up and again for spelling

Goldberg vs. nWo Wolfpack (Kevin Nash, Sting, Konnan & Lex Luger) vs. nWo Hollywood (Hollywood Hogan, Giant, Scott Hall & Scott Norton)

Road Wild

Goldberg vs. nWo Wolfpack (Kevin Nash, Sting, Konnan & Lex Luger) vs. nWo Hollywood (Hollywood Hogan, Giant, Scott Hall & Scott Norton)

Road Wild

• Paid Members

iamtheman, you want to go back and edit again to spell Hennig's name right.

I just want to point out :

Goldberg vs. nWo Wolfpack (Kevin Nash, Sting, Konnan & Lex Luger) vs. nWo Hollywood (Curt Henning, Giant, Scott Hall & Scott Norton)

Road Wild – August 8, 1998

This is quite frankly the best example of all time of how bloated WCW's roster was at the time. Road Wild was a decent-sized card, and they packed this much name talent into one match. The current World Champion, three former World Champions and a host of star names, the bulk of your giant warring factions with the intertwining stories.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, here is the rest of the Road Wild card :

Meng VS The Barbarian

Public Enemy VS Disco Inferno & Alex Wright

Perry Saturn VS Raven VS Kanyon

Rey Misterio Jr VS Psicosis

Stevie Ray VS Chavo Guerrero Jr (TV title)

Rick Steiner VS Scott Steiner

Steve McMichael VS Bryan Adams

Chris Jericho VS Juventud Guerrera (Cruiserweight title)

Diamond Dallas Page & Jay Leno VS Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff

... AND that battle royal.

It's also worth pointing out that Ric Flair was still at legal war with the company, they elected not to find a place for Bret Hart on the card, Dean Malenko served only as the ref between his mortal enemy Chris Jericho and Juvi, Kidman was still just a Flock interference-runner and one month away from being launched into Cruiser title stardom, Eddie only appeared to second Chavo in his match, Wrath was scratching his arse waiting to be repackaged, and they had Chris Benoit, Booker T, Randy Savage and Buff Bagwell on the injured list. Plus of course, Zodiac Booty Beefcake wasn't standing ringside for all of Hogan's matches for free, Roddy Piper's only ever a phone call away, and they've soon got Warrior and then Bam Bam and, umm, Bobby Duncum Jr coming in too.

Not to mention Duggan, Ernest Miller, Glacier, Bulldog, Anvil, Silver King, Dave Finlay, Dave Taylor, Vincent, High Voltage, La Parka, two Villanos, El Dandy, Kaz Hayashi, Ted DiBiase, Lanny Poffo, Mike Enos, Prince Iaukea and nWo Sting, who were all on the payroll at the time whether they were being used on TV or not. In Poffo's case, spectacularly not.

• Paid Members
Now that's a three punch combo if I've ever seen one.

Try this one mate :

Norman Smiley VS Prince Iaukea

Perry Saturn VS Ernest Miller

Scott Norton & Brian Adams (w/ Vincent) VS Fit Finlay & Jerry Flynn

I know what you're thinking - Iaukea? nWo C team? This must be the middle of a Thunder. Nope. Starrcade.

One of my favourite Todd memories is Vince calling him during a Free For All where he's laid up in bed at home or something, and after ten seconds of flu-ridden chat he launches straight into shill mode for the pay-per-view. What a trooper.

Suppose it's not really worth getting the War Games set on Blu Ray is it? The extras have nothing to do with the actual match.

They're all Wargames type matches aren't they, just not explicitly called that? From memory the extras looked really good, I can't imagine ever buying a WWE DVD over a Blu Ray these days, with only a couple of pounds difference in cost when you usually get an hour or so of quality extras.

Plenty of awesome official New Japan Pro-Wrestling DVD releases available at the moment. The prices are a little more than what you'd pay for sets over here, but at least they're Region 2. I've bought quite a few from 'Yesasia'. They take about a month to deliver, but for me, it's well worth the wait.

Kazuchika Okada: Rainmaker Shock DVD: http://www.yesasia.com/global/1032587256-0-0-0-en/info.html

NJPW Invasion Attack 2013 DVD (feat. Tanahashi vs. Okada - IWGP Title & more): http://www.yesasia.com/global/1033212011-0-0-0-en/info.html

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2013 DVD (feat. Okada vs. Suzuki - IWGP Title & more): http://www.yesasia.com/global/1033453810-0-0-0-en/info.html

NJPW Dominion 2013 DVD (feat. Okada vs. Makabe - IWGP Title & more): http://www.yesasia.com/global/sokuho-dvd-s...-0-en/info.html

NJPW Kizuna Road 2013 DVD (feat. Okada vs. Devitt - IWGP Title & more): http://www.yesasia.com/global/sokuhou-dvd-...-0-en/info.html

If anybody needs any more info, let me know. I've just started collecting these and I urge you to get some if you have money to burn and are looking for something different!

One of my favourite Todd memories is Vince calling him during a Free For All where he's laid up in bed at home or something, and after ten seconds of flu-ridden chat he launches straight into shill mode for the pay-per-view. What a trooper.

From what I've seen of Pettengill, he managed to get real boyish enthusiasm into the product without that sheen of fakeness that pervades a lot of the modern product. I think he was really good. Those pre-shows absolutely did what they were designed to do.

Archived