Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Anyone seen the In Your House Set, aside from the matches what's the overall set like?

Aside from the matches, won't it just be some pleb introducing the matches?

• Paid Members
Anyone seen the In Your House Set, aside from the matches what's the overall set like?

Aside from the matches, won't it just be some pleb introducing the matches?

That that back!

Todd-Pettengill.gif

Does WWEDVD have any plans on releasing No Holds Barred?

Ive got the Region 1 release through amazon but a Friend is looking for a R2 version.

It is supposed to be released on Blu-Ray over here soon, but no word on the DVD Version yet.

• Paid Members
Todd-Pettengill.gif

Wow.

I think Todd gets a hard time of it. OK looking back, he was a total dork. But that was the mid 90s, everyone was a total dork. He made a few cringeworthy remarks at times, but I never hated him. I'm currently watching all the old Raw and he pops up every week with his PPV report, and I still don't hate him. Sometimes he even sneaks in a subtle remark alluding to something slightly adult that would go straight over the childrens heads but makes me smile as a grown man.

I've never understood the hatred for Pettengill, but then again I probably was the right age group at the time he was around. He added genuine (or at least good fake genuine) enthusiasm to the product and always looked like he enjoyed being there. He's a hundred times better than any of the plebs I see doing the links on the recap shows they show on Sky One.

• Paid Members

I remember at the Lawrence Taylor press conference Pettengill pouring Vince a cup of coffee to build up to the punchline of "now you know how I got my job here" *BOOM, TISH*

I dont think anyone laughed. I loved Todd, but then again I was 8 when he first showed up. I found him funny. Never liked the girl who was on it with him for a while, though. Had a horrible voice and reminded me of my 1st year Juniors teacher.

• Paid Members
I dont think anyone laughed. I loved Todd, but then again I was 8 when he first showed up. I found him funny. Never liked the girl who was on it with him for a while, though. Had a horrible voice and reminded me of my 1st year Juniors teacher.

Ah yes, Stephanie Wyand wasn't it? What about Charlie Minn who popped up on Action Zone for a few weeks, overexcited would be an understatement! Shame the product was in the shitter at the time.

He's a hundred times better than any of the plebs I see doing the links on the recap shows they show on Sky One.

I can't stand the 'WWE presenting style' that's been going on for a few years. More specifically, that weird thing that Scott Sanford etc do with their hands when speaking to camera.

How many snowflakes did Meltz give Goldberg vs Raven? Was a superb match, and easily one of my most watched matches of all time. Goldberg destorying the Flock, on the way to winning the title is up there as one of Goldberg's best ever moments. Wil be good to have that in great quality.

As for his music, Im sure he started off with his original theme in WWE, but changed it for his first match against Rock. Im pretty sure I remember the outrage about how Goldberg's first 'proper' entrance was ruined by the new music.

• Paid Members

Stephanie Wiand, bloody hell. When I saw her on Rumble 95 I thought she was there because she'd won a competition, is probably the nicest way I could put it.

Dai, given that it was a five minute match, I expect Meltz would not have let himself go above ** at most. I've got a list of all the matches from WCW he ever gave *** or more to, and Raven/Goldberg isn't on it.

How many snowflakes did Meltz give Goldberg vs Raven? Was a superb match, and easily one of my most watched matches of all time. Goldberg destorying the Flock, on the way to winning the title is up there as one of Goldberg's best ever moments. Wil be good to have that in great quality.

The "OOOHHH" from the crowd when Horace hits Goldberg with the stop sign, followed by the collective roar when they realise Goldberg's no-sold it, STILL gives me goosebumps to this day. That match is surely the crowning achievement of Raven's career. The whole layout of the match is absolutely perfect. From being the first guy to ever go toe-to-toe with Goldberg, to the one-by-one destruction of the Flock, to the eventual defeat, the match just built and built to a perfect crescendo. Go back and watch that match and there are people literally jumping for joy at the end. That is what wrestling should be.

• Paid Members

My own personal favourite moments are shrugging off the dropkick from Sick Boy and pasting him, Jackhammering Reece, the way you think Raven's going to get away for a bullshit no contest then he doesn't, and the fluid delivery of the winning Jackhammer with no delay which on the night struck me as a bit "special occasions."

Archived