Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What are some of the best recent-ish WWE documentaries?

I really enjoyed both the Orton one and Edges post retirement one. Ortons being particularly, surprisingly and refreshingly candid. And Edges one just features a lot of good stuff and was really interesting just how high he was regarded and respected for structuring matches by many.

Loving the sound of Trips getting a definitive set. It's few and far between these days as I always seem to miss what's released, but every so often i'll pick up a bunch of WWEs DVDs. The last time was the Orton one, Austin one and Michaels-Hart - Greatest Rivalries. Didn't realise there was a WarGames set out, will have to pick up that badboy. Was 'Greatest Rivalries' supposed to be an on-going series?

What are some of the best recent-ish WWE documentaries?

I really enjoyed both the Orton one and Edges post retirement one. Ortons being particularly, surprisingly and refreshingly candid. And Edges one just features a lot of good stuff and was really interesting just how high he was regarded and respected for structuring matches by many.

Loving the sound of Trips getting a definitive set. It's few and far between these days as I always seem to miss what's released, but every so often i'll pick up a bunch of WWEs DVDs. The last time was the Orton one, Austin one and Michaels-Hart - Greatest Rivalries. Didn't realise there was a WarGames set out, will have to pick up that badboy. Was 'Greatest Rivalries' supposed to be an on-going series?

I think it was supposed to be. They had a Rock/Austin one on a release schedule a couple of years back that got cancelled (don't know the reasons why)

also:

hhhthycover.jpg

• Paid Members

Surprised they didn't put the Regal match on just for a laugh.

For the format they've gone for (which appears to be disc 1: the streak, disk 2: WCW after the streak, disk 3: WWE) it seems a decent enough set in that its got all the key bouts. It's just most people will probably have preferred much more emphasis on the first section.

Would have been awesome if they did a montage/feature with a clip from every televised match in the streak though.

• Paid Members

That's another definite buy for me. Been wanting the Sid, Steiner and Henry matches on disc for ages.

Just hope they shell out the money to use his WCW theme, unlike on previous sets, his title win over Hogan was ruined by having that shitty WWE theme dubbed over it. It can't be that hard to get the rights, because whenever they show his matches on Vintage collection they use his original theme.

• Paid Members
Would have been awesome if they did a montage/feature with a clip from every televised match in the streak though.

They should use this video:-

For the format they've gone for (which appears to be disc 1: the streak, disk 2: WCW after the streak, disk 3: WWE) it seems a decent enough set in that its got all the key bouts. It's just most people will probably have preferred much more emphasis on the first section.

I know on WWE On Demand, they did do a The Streak episode, ran for over an hour, and featured all the bouts in the streak i think.

• Paid Members
Just hope they shell out the money to use his WCW theme, unlike on previous sets, his title win over Hogan was ruined by having that shitty WWE theme dubbed over it.

I'm so glad it's not just me that cares about that. The really annoying thing about Goldberg's run was that in the vignette they aired for him at Mania XIX, his original music played, making us think he was bringing it with him. Then he didn't.

Well, I say his original music, it was Pat Tanaka's first, obviously.

WHERE the fuck is Jerry Flynn?

I know on WWE On Demand, they did do a The Streak episode, ran for over an hour, and featured all the bouts in the streak i think.

This sounds utterly amazing. I would LOVE to see that episode.

Anyway, this is getting bought. Even the lack of big Jerry from the Block can't tarnish it.

WHERE the fuck is Jerry Flynn?

This sounds utterly amazing. I would LOVE to see that episode.

Anyway, this is getting bought. Even the lack of big Jerry from the Block can't tarnish it.

Sure this is it mate:

- Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PScfw_JUDII - Part 2

Archived