Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was under the impression a Bruno Sammartino set was on the way, or did I just imagine that?

I was thinking it would make sense for a Sammartino set to come out and hearing his speech at the Hall of Fame and stories etc about him I would love to see a documentary on him and some of his matches and I'm sure a lot of fans would be in the same boat. If there hasn't been an announcement of one coming out I'd imagine they are considering one, or at least I hope they are.

I was under the impression a Bruno Sammartino set was on the way, or did I just imagine that?

I was thinking it would make sense for a Sammartino set to come out and hearing his speech at the Hall of Fame and stories etc about him I would love to see a documentary on him and some of his matches and I'm sure a lot of fans would be in the same boat. If there hasn't been an announcement of one coming out I'd imagine they are considering one, or at least I hope they are.

Indeed, his era in wrestling is way outside what I know about so I'd be really interested in seeing a documentary. I really enjoyed his speech too, seems he was the prototypical 'Superstar'.

Was Sammartino really the guy people claim he was.

I've only seen a handful of matches on WWE sets and didn't think much to them, the match on the Randy Savage set is awful.

Maybe the ones I've seen were just poor choices

I haven't seen that in ages, though remember quite enjoying it. That being said, his prime was probably the 60s and 70s, a mid/late 80s match wont likely highlight how good he could be. He still wasn't the best wrestler of his era by any stretch, but he really was the guy for WWWF.

• Paid Members
War Games Cover.

Interesting that its branded as WCW, yet includes an ECW on the BluRay

ECW had a few "War Games" variants over the years, IIRC. Maybe they'll pop them on the DVD too.

Listing's already out. The DVD is all WCW War Games (plus the 1988 Tower of Doom). Blu Ray adds two ECW Ultimate Jeopardy matches and a Smoky Mountain Rage In The Cage.

• 1 month later...

sweet cover for the mid-south dvd98b22efbb6cfc87d65042d3d8075ee28_1024.jpgSome of the matches that will be on it.

Ted DiBiase vs. Paul OrdnorffAndre the Giant, Dusty Rhodes & JYD vs. The Wild Samoans & Ernie Ladd (1983)Jim Duggan vs. Ted DiBiase (Coal Miner’s Glove, Tuxedo, Loser Leaves Town Match, 3/22/85)Storyline: Mr. Wrestling 2 Mentoring Magnum TAStoryline: JYD Tarred and FeatheredJYD vs. Hacksaw Butch Reed (Ghetto Street Fight, 6/17/84)Rock ‘n Roll Express vs. Midnight Express (multiple matches)Shawn Michaels vs. Ted DiBiaseRick Steiner vs. Nick PatrickRic Flair vs. Ted DiBiase (NWA Title, 6/11/85)UWF match feat. The Bladerunners, Sting & Rock aka Ultimate WarriorTerry Gordy vs. Jim Duggan (UWF Title)Ted DiBiase & Dr. Death vs. The Freebirds (Lumberjack Match)Terry Gordy vs. Dr. Death (UWF Title)Dr. Death vs. Big Bubba Rogers aka Big Bossman (UWF Title)One Man Gang vs. Big Bubba Rogers (UWF Title)

Complete Listings for ECW unreleased vol 2

We Are Back!Tommy Dreamer vs. TazmaniacHardcore TV • October 19, 1993Terry Funk & Arn Anderson vs. Sabu & Bobby EatonWhen Worlds Collide • May 14, 1994Hardcore LegendsCactus Jack vs. Terry FunkHardcore Heaven • August 13, 1994“I Quit” MatchTommy Dreamer vs. The SandmanHardcore TV • October 4, 1994Wrestling MachinesEddie Guerrero & The Steiner Brothers vs. 2 Cold Scorpio, Dean Malenko & Cactus JackWrestlepalooza • August 5, 1995Raven vs. Tommy DreamerHoliday Hell • December 29, 1995The Public Enemy vs. The GangstasHouse Party • January 5, 1996DISC 2A Good Idea At The TimeExtreme Hardcore Shoot FightChris Jericho vs. TazLost Battalion Hall • April 13, 1996ECW World Television Championship Match2 Cold Scropio vs. Shane DouglasA Matter of Respect • May 11, 1996The FlagstaffSabu vs. Chris JerichoPlymouth Meeting, PA • August 29, 1996Dick Togo, Terry Boy & Taka Michinoku vs. Gran Hamada, Gran Naniwa & Great SasukeHardcore TV • March 27, 1997Tag Team Wrestling Done RightThree Way Dance for ECW World Tag Team Championship MatchThe Eliminators vs. The Gangstas vs. The DudleysThe Buffalo Invasion • May 17, 1997DISC 3Real HeatThe Sandman, Taz, Tommy Dreamer & Al Snow vs. Sabu, Rob Van Dam, Doug Furnas & Philip LaFonHardcore TV • January 5, 1998ECW World Heavyweight Championship MatchShane Douglas vs. Al SnowWrestlepalooza • May 3, 1998ECW World Tag Team Championship MatchChris Candido & Lance Storm vs. Sabu & Rob Van DamHardcore TV • June 29, 1998A Real Clash of StylesThree Way Dance for the FTW World Heavyweight Championship MatchSabu vs. Taz vs. Bam Bam BigelowECW Arena • August 8, 1998ECW World Tag Team Championship MatchThe Dudleys vs. Spike Dudley & Balls MahoneyHardcore TV • August 23, 1999Stepping UpECW World Heavyweight Championship MatchMike Awesome vs. RhinoECW on TNN • October 1, 1999Extreme Three Way DanceYoshihiro Tajiri vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Super CrazyNovember to Remember • November 7, 1999The Ultimate UnderdogECW World Television Championship MatchRob Van Dam vs. Mikey WhipwreckECW on TNN • January 28, 2000Three Way Dance for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship MatchJustin Credible vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Steve CorinoECW on TNN • September 29, 2000End of an EraBLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES911 vs. Doink the ClownHardcore TV • August 27, 1994Steel Cage MatchThe Sandman, 2 Cold Scorpio & New Jack vs. The Public Enemy & Mikey WhipwreckGangsta’s Paradise • September 16, 1995Four Way Dance for the ECW World Heavyweight ChampionshipTerry Funk vs. Raven vs. Stevie Richards vs. The SandmanThe Buffalo Invasion • May 17, 1997The Dudleys vs. The Public EnemyDetroit, Michigan • January 23, 1999Tommy Dreamer vs. Lance StormHardcore Heaven • May 16, 1999Japanese Death MatchSuper Crazy vs. Yoshihiro TajiriHardcore TV • February 11, 2000

Archived