Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Well, Kronus' name wasn't going to sell those tapes!

Actually, I bet Sid ended up powerbombing Kronus on that tape. Kronus got twatted off Sid approx 4,000 times in Sid's about 5 appearances, didn't he?

Really enjoyed both the upcoming Foley and best of Nitro sets. Recommend both highly. Less fussed on the rumble and elimination chamber DVD's due to the lack of extras. Enjoyed both DVDs but only for the shows themselves, presuming the blu rays have more features.

Think the Nitro Vol.2 DVD will be my next purchase as im sure its out this month, gotta say Fremantle gave been as good as SV on delivery the last time I ordered something.

They are fast, but I have noticed on two occasions that they put a single BD or DVD in a huge package which won't fit through the letterbox which means I have to travel to pick up from post office. To be fair, on both occasions I have let them know and the next one came in a smaller box, but they don't seem to have standard packaging like SV have.

I still buy loads from Clearvision (UFC & TNA) and they continue to offer great service.

Well, Kronus' name wasn't going to sell those tapes!

Actually, I bet Sid ended up powerbombing Kronus on that tape. Kronus got twatted off Sid approx 4,000 times in Sid's about 5 appearances, didn't he?

It sounds like Living Dangerously '99, which would make it the Dudleys he was twatting. It ended with a pretty disgusting powerbomb to Spike.

To hell with taking bumps like that. That said, without that kind of stuff, it would be a bit hard to see the point of Spike.

Kronus got twatted off Sid approx 4,000 times in Sid's about 5 appearances, didn't he?

From memory, he got in the mix with Skull Von Crush, Bubba, Kronus and Spike. With the exception of Spike, they needed people in the ring who he wouldn't expose as being an absolute Dwarf. The latter 3 had girth. Same reason of all the people on the roster, Scott Hall was booked to face Big Sal. Hall isn't known as a big man, despite being somewhat of a beast back in the day. They needed somebody of size. He wrestled Justin Credible on his second match as a favour to Justin - pretty sure he commentated this on Scott Hall TV.

• Paid Members
Really enjoyed both the upcoming Foley and best of Nitro sets. Recommend both highly. Less fussed on the rumble and elimination chamber DVD's due to the lack of extras. Enjoyed both DVDs but only for the shows themselves, presuming the blu rays have more features.

Think the Nitro Vol.2 DVD will be my next purchase as im sure its out this month, gotta say Fremantle gave been as good as SV on delivery the last time I ordered something.

It's out a bit later this month. Well worth the money I think.

Jim Ross reveals some of the stuff on the Mid South set:

I called a ton of new matches on the Mid South DVD Tuesday night including a 40+ minute clinic of a NWA Title Bout from the Superdome between Ric Flair and Terry Taylor. Also called Snowman vs. Jake Roberts for the TV title with The Barbarian (aka John Nord aka The Berserker) in Jake's corner and Muhammad Ali in the Snowman's corner. This match shows just some of the brilliance of Jake the Snake. This one was also from the Superdome. Called a blood bathe between Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Maddog Buzz Sawyer from New Orleans, old, downtown Municipal Auditorium, a Midnight Express vs. Rock 'n Roll Express match and some 'Last Stampede' content involving Cowboy Bill Watts and Stagger Lee vs. Jim Cornette's Midnight Express....among MANY other bouts.

Most of these are house show bouts that didn't have full TV commentary. The set will also have the DiBiase-Duggan No DQ Steel Cage Coal Miners Glove Tuxedo Street Fight Match (not a joke.)

Super excited for this! It would be great to see a Memphis DVD set sometime (impossible I know because of the mess the library is in) and howabout WWE taking on the WOS library?

• Paid Members
Hope to be proved wrong, but I still wouldn't put it past them to leave off WrestleWar 92.

Surely not. They can't have that ECW one on there and leave off the magnificent Squadron vs Alliance match. Surely not. I'd assume if it's a 3 discer then pretty much all the big War Games matches that were on PPV will make the cut.

How many War Games matches were there in NWA/WCW? Didn't they do some that weren't televised during one of those Great American Bash tour thingys, or have I made that up? I know there's one on the Horsemen DVD without commentary.

Archived