Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Can someone answer me a stupid question?

When WWE releases a DVD on blu-ray (best of Clash of the Champions, for example), is the quality any better than the DVD version given that (I'm guessing) the footage isn't HD?

The difference in quality is minor. WWE DVDs do suffer from compression at times because they stuff so much on them. The blu-rays don't suffer from that but its otherwise the same. The WWE blus do contain a fair ammount of additional content though so I always think its worth the extra couple of quid but then i don't buy them until they are on sale. The roundtable discussions are worth the extra cash alone.

When WWE releases a DVD on blu-ray (best of Clash of the Champions, for example), is the quality any better than the DVD version given that (I'm guessing) the footage isn't HD?

The difference in quality is minor. WWE DVDs do suffer from compression at times because they stuff so much on them. The blu-rays don't suffer from that but its otherwise the same. The WWE blus do contain a fair ammount of additional content though so I always think its worth the extra couple of quid but then i don't buy them until they are on sale. The roundtable discussions are worth the extra cash alone.

Cheers. I didn't realize they'd put the roundtables on, do you know which ones they're on?

Cheers. I didn't realize they'd put the roundtables on, do you know which ones they're on?

I know NWO Revolution blu-ray has has one and also the new Raw 1000 one has as well.

I emailed Freemantle concerning their postage methods, as I was a little concerned about TNT/Courier delivery (I live in a flat with no access to Courier deliveries when I'm at work) and I received this reply:

"Thank you for your email

From Monday all orders will be sent via normal 1st class royal mail post which is what the previous licensee used

Best Wishes

WWEDVD The new home for WWE DVD and Blu-ray"

• Paid Members

Can't really disagree with anything in that IYH set. Looks super.

In Your House Sweepstakes Winner

You got to wonder why they put that in it though. Cringeworthy stuff due to the fact nobody answers their phone for about five minutes.

Archived