Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a real shame that silver vision didn't complete releasing there back catalog with the tagged classics series. Personally I would like to see Freemantle give some classic PPVs the HD transfer treatment with some blu ray releases. Plenty of old films have had blu ray releases and some have looked fantastic. Wrestlemania 6 on blu ray? Yes please.

A HD transfer of SD footage would make no difference.

Has anyone ordered from Freemantle yet? Just wondered what the delivery was like, hoping to order something tomorrow...

I pre-ordered 7 of the 8 titles they have on offer (I gave the best ppv matches one a miss as I will have all ppvs on blu ray anyway.) These were all on Blu Ray except the Live in the UK which is only on dvd.

When you pre-order they send the dvd/bd on the Tuesday before release by TNT 3-5 mail. I have had all 3 of the items released so far and had different experiences with each.

Night of Champions - they sent the dvd in error but let me keep it as way of apology (think they did this with a lot of customers.) The Blu Ray turned up on the Wednesday after release.

Hell in a Cell - they got mixed up in their warehouse and thus 'forgot' to send me the bd. To be fair, once I let them know by the Tuesday of release week, they sent out another coy and I had it by the Friday after release. Not too happy here, as didn't have either of the first two releases by release date.

Raw 100 - I received this the Thursday before release Monday, so all good.

What I do not like about Freemantle is that they send items by TNT and not Royal Mail. The closest depot to me is 10 miles away, so if it doesn't fit in my letter box I have to make a journey to their depot rather than the Post Office round the corner.

Also, they use the 3-5 day service, so forget about ordering today and receiving tomorrow that we were all used to with Silvervision.

I am also not a fan of the fat blu ray cases they have reverted to for the ppv's. I have 500 wrestling dvds and bd's so space is a premium so I preferred it when Silvervision went to the slim cases.

Plus points are how fast they answer their emails. I'm talking minutes in some cases, but never more than a couple of hours. Last week, when Hell in a Cell didn't turn up I was emailing them at 9pm and they were responding!!!

Also good is that I was one of the lucky winners of a signed CM Punk sleeve for Night of Champions. :laugh:

Has anyone ordered from Freemantle yet? Just wondered what the delivery was like, hoping to order something tomorrow...

What I do not like about Freemantle is that they send items by TNT and not Royal Mail. The closest depot to me is 10 miles away, so if it doesn't fit in my letter box I have to make a journey to their depot rather than the Post Office round the corner.

Also, they use the 3-5 day service, so forget about ordering today and receiving tomorrow that we were all used to with Silvervision.

I am also not a fan of the fat blu ray cases they have reverted to for the ppv's. I have 500 wrestling dvds and bd's so space is a premium so I preferred it when Silvervision went to the slim cases.

Plus points are how fast they answer their emails. I'm talking minutes in some cases, but never more than a couple of hours. Last week, when Hell in a Cell didn't turn up I was emailing them at 9pm and they were responding!!!

Thanks alot for the reply mate, im going to be ordering the Raw 1o00 DVD, what is the TNT - is that a delivery company (sorry never had any dealings with that one, only UPS, Hermes and FedEx)? Good thing about my house is someone is always in usually and we have a porch so everyhting gets left in there like,

Agree on the emails though, emailed them a couple of times in the evening and they have gotten straight back to me.

So the delivery times are like Play/Amazon then, usually takes 3-5 days. Pre-order times sound great though...

Thanks alot for the reply mate, im going to be ordering the Raw 1o00 DVD, what is the TNT - is that a delivery company (sorry never had any dealings with that one, only UPS, Hermes and FedEx)? Good thing about my house is someone is always in usually and we have a porch so everyhting gets left in there like,

Agree on the emails though, emailed them a couple of times in the evening and they have gotten straight back to me.

So the delivery times are like Play/Amazon then, usually takes 3-5 days. Pre-order times sound great though...

Yeah, it is a delivery company.

I would think the delivery times will probably be similar to Amazon, yes.

Yeah, it is a delivery company.

I would think the delivery times will probably be similar to Amazon, yes.

Thanks again mate, ive had my gripes (like everyone) with Royal Mail, but it does seem strange that they would use a delivery company tbh, maybe that will change in the future when they have more products/customers.

• Paid Members
Does anybody here buy archive comps such as the upcoming Bret Hart Dungeon Collection on Blu Ray? For that 5% HD?

To me it's worth getting the blu rays on these kind of titles, more for the extra content that isn't on the dvd versions.

Mine have also said tnt on the box but also say "Delivered By Royal mail" which they are still brought by the postman. Well was for mine anyway.

Mine have also said tnt on the box but also say "Delivered By Royal mail" which they are still brought by the postman. Well was for mine anyway.

All of mine came from the man in the big black TNT van.

Archived