What would have happened to WCW if Eric Bischoff would have bought it?

thejeffjarrettone

Nothing interesting, just occasionally there are things that have wcw written on them in the back of cupboards, and records of merch stuff that once existed but no longer does.

Cool. I take it you work for Turner then, or have done? It must be weird at a company like that when such a large division gets shut down.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The Boogie Knights w/Disco Duck were a license to print money!,

Oh! The Disco Duck was tremendous! This team was getting a bit of television time near the very end. Imagine if WCW started selling Disco Ducks? They look cheap and cheerful and would sell by the truck load. Disco even had a catchphrase for about fortnight: "And if you've got a problem with that, then you can kiss my duck, right on the ass".

WCW's roster was brimming with characters back in 2001.

• Paid Members
The Boogie Knights w/Disco Duck were a license to print money!,

Oh! The Disco Duck was tremendous! This team was getting a bit of television time near the very end. Imagine if WCW started selling Disco Ducks? They look cheap and cheerful and would sell by the truck load. Disco even had a catchphrase for about fortnight: "And if you've got a problem with that, then you can kiss my duck, right on the ass".

WCW's roster was brimming with characters back in 2001.

Makes for an amazing gimmick/weapon in a ladder match aswell

:laugh: Amazing.

• Paid Members
Makes for an amazing gimmick/weapon in a ladder match aswell

:laugh: Amazing.

The promo Konnan cut at the beginning was fucking hilarious! Why have I never seen this before? I've cant believe I've never seen Disco destroying K-Dawg with the Disco Duck before. Highlight of Rey Mysterio's career by far.

• Paid Members

Not bragging or anything but ... me and Alex Wright had a full on conversation on Facebook. As I say, not bragging (cue "Tenay/West hi-five"). It got to the point where I was leaving openings to fuck off and he was keep chatting away. Must be a slow day for Das Wunderkid. I begged for him to return to America for one of the big companies or even come to Sunderland to wrestle at the Empire, but he said he was to over ran with his wrestling promotion to even listen to offers. Always thought there must have been a reason for him to not be doing something on TV.

• Paid Members
Not bragging or anything but ... me and Alex Wright had a full on conversation on Facebook. As I say, not bragging (cue "Tenay/West hi-five"). It got to the point where I was leaving openings to fuck off and he was keep chatting away. Must be a slow day for Das Wunderkid. I begged for him to return to America for one of the big companies or even come to Sunderland to wrestle at the Empire, but he said he was to over ran with his wrestling promotion to even listen to offers. Always thought there must have been a reason for him to not be doing something on TV.

That is something to brag about though!, I take it his company's in Germany?. I'd guaranteed travel to Sunderland to see him in person.

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

Funnily enough, I've been watching that too. I'm just not sure about the match choices though, some of them do seem a bit random. I know they didn't choose them all necessarily for quality but more for their history and place in the WCW story. But still, as decent a match as it was, I'm sure they could have picked better matches than Eddie Guerrero v Syxx from Souled Out.

But yeah, WCW could always be relied on for great matches despite itself. The last couple of years are too easily written off wholesale as a pile of shit but there were absolutely loads of gems in there.

Funnily enough, I've been watching that too. I'm just not sure about the match choices though, some of them do seem a bit random. I know they didn't choose them all necessarily for quality but more for their history and place in the WCW story. But still, as decent a match as it was, I'm sure they could have picked better matches than Eddie Guerrero v Syxx from Souled Out.

I think that was more to do with Eddie beating that nasty smelly druggie Syxx/X Pac/Sean Waltman who gave WWE such a headache rather than the actual match, although I do rate it as a Ladder Match. I still feel kinda racist for laughing at "This. Is. The. Mexican Jumping Bean. Eddie. Guererro."

Archived