The 2010 UKFF UK50(+) - Results

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

~~SHITLIST No. 13(equal) - Maddog Maxx~~

maxxo.jpg

Another of the Midlands-Worcestershire-Wiltshire- Wales wrestlers, who has appeared for 4FW, Celtic Wrestling, LWL, LAW, HCW, etc, where he tangles with Johnny Rose, Kade Callous, Marcus Kool and so on. Carries a chain and has an insanity gimmick which, rather than making him come across as a wild, dangerous crazyman, actually makes him look a bit special. A bit like if Eugene was a biker.

"Looks like a spacker who found a chain, and wrestles like one too"

"Nik Bali incident aside, I've never been impressed with his abilities"

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Shane Spyral being on the list was a bit unfortunate considering how much I thought he has improved over the last 6-12 months.

He was a last minute replacement for us in April (as I rate the House of Pain Academy and their graduates very highly. Stixx produces some great talent and attitudes out of there.) He put over our resident monster 'Colossus' Kennedy. He did a terrific job, did exactly what we asked of him and was perfect in that role. There's not much more you can ask for out of someone. I recently uploaded the match so people can judge for themselves. It's only 9 minutes long so just one part on YouTube, so it won't take long to watch.

• Paid Members

~~SHITLIST No. 13(equal) - Cage/James Tyler~~

tylerz.jpg

Rightfully or wrongfully, "Captain" Cage Tyler remains best known to UKFFers, and the internet as a whole, for his part in the infamous match with Kris Sprules from OPWO a few years ago. Now going under his name James Tyler, he takes on more of a backstage role and is responsible for handling much of his home SWA promotion's online content. During the UKFF UK50 period, Tyler reigned as the SWA T-Division champion, facing Steven Xavier and Joseph Kerr before being dethroned in November by Ricky Gibson. He then took somewhat of a step back from the ring, before returning in May to fight William Grange.

"Shouldn't be anywhere near a ring. Can't bump, sell or wrestle, and has absolutely no charisma. An embarrassment"

"Absolutely terrible"

"Stinks ups whatever card he manages to get himself onto"

• Paid Members

Last of the Shit List for a while, but it's a good one:

~~SHITLIST No. 13(equal) - Peter Staniforth~~

Petey%20Pose%204.jpg

Yes, good old Petey has seen some in-ring action for his own PTW in the qualifying period, which made him eligible for the UKFF's nominations. Well, I say "his own" PTW, but it was actually revealed that Power Trip Wrestling is actually owned by Petey's mam, while Staniforth himself claims Jobseeker's Allowance..... As booker and performer, Staniforth continues to be all over PTW shows, cutting in-ring promos as an authority figure, guest refereeing, and managing numerous heel wrestlers (e.g. Dan Edge, Druss, G the Ghetto/Lapdancing Superstar, Tommy Stevens, Mayhem Inc, Chris Brooks, Mason Storm, Scott Annettee, etc) on his ridiculously-sized roster of shit arses. Peter has feuded with attrocious former 1PW Academy losers Jack Russell and Donny Bull, and then with his disabled former pal "100%" Dan Edge after the pair split, building for the entire second half of 2009 towards a match between the two in Luton in November. Bet that was good. Anyway, when it finally came to the match, it was revealed that it was a Russoific SWERVE~! and Staniforth pinned Edge in the main event with a Fingerpoke of Doom.

Elsewhere, Petey Playa was also wanted by Bedfordshire police to "help with their enquiries" after he was photographed on the pitch at Luton Town's Kenilworth Road ground following their defeat to York City, in an incident where Luton fans threw a variety of objects at the victorious York players as they left the pitch, forcing them to have to take cover in the back of the stands since they couldn't get down the tunnel. He also apparently enjoys sleazing onto young females who are hanging around his shows, despite him being a married man.

"The man thinks he's Vince, when he's clearly a mark, booking venues in other promotion's areas, and booking himself to take all the glory!"

"Terrible selling, shit punches, can kill a crowd dead at 100 yards"

That's it for the Shit List for a bit, back to the top half of the true UKFF UK50.....

• Paid Members

I don't think Maxx belongs anywhere near the Shitlist. He may not be the best worker ever, but he's got a very strong character, his work is solid, and he's memorable in a good way to most casual fans who attend. And I'd say there are a couple of guys in the Top 50 whom he's better than.

The one 'comment' about PTW/my mother/etc alone is both untrue, and unnecessary, and bearing in mind it came from the mouth of a 'man' who lies more than he breathes, Nick 'I spit water over people because I can't get heat any other way' Bourne; who no sane person has ever listened to in their lives - speaks volumes about how much you people dislike me, if you'll believe a scumbag like that. I mean, you might want to ask people their personal views on the bloke who's saying that before you say anything about me.

The photo of me you've used is from 2007. Living in the past much? I've lost two and a half stone since then, and shaved my head. Want my new proper promo picture? At least get your facts half straight if you're going to do all this.

As for the police thing, it's just a situation at football that has been blown ridiculously out of proportion (why don't you ask Bedfordshire Police? Oh, no, that'd mean not assuming things on your behalf), that has nothing to do with PTW.

As for the comments about 'young females', I'll not even react to that on most levels. I'm certainly not married, and never was, I'll say that much; and my children are at a lot of PTW events (want to criticise me for that too? go ahead...some of us are proud to be a father), so if you want to assume (there's that word again, it's what people do when they only have rumour and hearsay to use against someone); go ahead. I can't stop you, but it shows how desperate people are when they have to sink to these comments. If you know me personally, you'll know I have the most amazing girlfriend who I am thoroughly unashamed to admit I am all loved up over, and am even trying to grow up for. Take the piss all you want there, because I simply don't care.

On a booking note, I never book myself to 'take glory', if anything, you can ask the people I work with; all I do is book myself to help put others over, and bump around (okay, I'm not great, try asking people I work with, I'm ridiculously humble on the subject, and I'm still learning; but who the hell isnt still learning?) for the boys. Wow, what a sin, the promoter that doesn't have to do it but wants to help, gets thrown about a bit to make his lads look good.

But I'll make the day of all of you, I'll tell you that I am legitimately not booking Dan Edge anymore. No, that's not a 'work', or a 'shoot', and anyone nearish to the situation will tell you that's completely genuine. Also, that wasn't the main event the night of our 'match'; as James Mason vs Johnny Kidd was. I doubt it actually will, as I have never been given any benefit of the doubt on this forum, but perhaps that will go someway to you all seeing some changes; same as the upcoming main event of PTW's October 9th show, which is James Mason vs Jonny Storm. I don't suppose either point will get the majority of you to see things even remotely differently, but I figured both things were worth a mention.

Anyway, deep down I always dreamed of making your little list, and am only quite disappointed in an odd way; that I didn't make first. There's always next year, I guess, and I will now go off and promote three PTW shows in three different parts of the UK in three weeks; to attempt to overcome and come to terms with my disappointment. Eitherways, despite the inaccuracy of most of what was posted; thank you for putting me on your list. Professional/two faced enough for you?

I love you guys! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
On a booking note, I never book myself to 'take glory', if anything, you can ask the people I work with; all I do is book myself to help put others over, and bump around (okay, I'm not great, try asking people I work with, I'm ridiculously humble on the subject, and I'm still learning; but who the hell isnt still learning?) for the boys. Wow, what a sin, the promoter that doesn't have to do it but wants to help, gets thrown about a bit to make his lads look good.

You couldn't just leave it alone, could you??? Couldn't just walk away???

What the fuck am I supposed to do now if my name comes up (or doesn't) you selfish p***k!!!???

Oh sure, I can make light of it, maybe even try and top your ridiculous explosion of emotion here but Jesus f***in' wept, Petey, you ruined it.

Well done, Internet Icon. Bravo. You ruined my summer!!!

The one 'comment' about PTW/my mother/etc alone is both untrue, and unnecessary, and bearing in mind it came from the mouth of a 'man' who lies more than he breathes, Nick 'I spit water over people because I can't get heat any other way' Bourne; who no sane person has ever listened to in their lives - speaks volumes about how much you people dislike me, if you'll believe a scumbag like that. I mean, you might want to ask people their personal views on the bloke who's saying that before you say anything about me.

The photo of me you've used is from 2007. Living in the past much? I've lost two and a half stone since then, and shaved my head. Want my new proper promo picture? At least get your facts half straight if you're going to do all this.

As for the police thing, it's just a situation at football that has been blown ridiculously out of proportion (why don't you ask Bedfordshire Police? Oh, no, that'd mean not assuming things on your behalf), that has nothing to do with PTW.

As for the comments about 'young females', I'll not even react to that on most levels. I'm certainly not married, and never was, I'll say that much; and my children are at a lot of PTW events (want to criticise me for that too? go ahead...some of us are proud to be a father), so if you want to assume (there's that word again, it's what people do when they only have rumour and hearsay to use against someone); go ahead. I can't stop you, but it shows how desperate people are when they have to sink to these comments. If you know me personally, you'll know I have the most amazing girlfriend who I am thoroughly unashamed to admit I am all loved up over, and am even trying to grow up for. Take the piss all you want there, because I simply don't care.

But I'll make the day of all of you, I'll tell you that I am legitimately not booking Dan Edge anymore. No, that's not a 'work', or a 'shoot', and anyone nearish to the situation will tell you that's completely genuine. Also, that wasn't the main event the night of our 'match'; as James Mason vs Johnny Kidd was. I doubt it actually will, as I have never been given any benefit of the doubt on this forum, but perhaps that will go someway to you all seeing some changes; same as the upcoming main event of PTW's October 9th show, which is James Mason vs Jonny Storm. I don't suppose either point will get the majority of you to see things even remotely differently, but I figured both things were worth a mention.

Anyway, deep down I always dreamed of making your little list, and am only quite disappointed in an odd way; that I didn't make first. There's always next year, I guess, and I will now go off and promote three PTW shows in three different parts of the UK in three weeks; to attempt to overcome and come to terms with my disappointment. Eitherways, despite the inaccuracy of most of what was posted; thank you for putting me on your list. Professional/two faced enough for you?

I love you guys! :thumbsup:

Where is your event on oct 9th as i thought i'd check you out for myself , and if Storm is there it's gotta be half decent !

Can you let me know some details as it wasn't on your website - venue , cost etc

• Paid Members

Who the fuck is shit enough that to get over they have to beat Staniforth? He's hardly The Undertaker is he?. What person is so lacking in skill, that a victory over Staniforth is seen as getting pushed?