The 2010 UKFF UK50(+) - Results

Big Benny HG

Can anyone confirm whether Surf Graffiti can run the ropes yet? I know he couldn't a year or two ago.

Has he been around that long? I saw him on a show a few months back and figured it was his first match, oh no :rolleyes:

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

"See Suwa's promo on British wrestling. They are OK, at best, when they are the ones in peril, but their offense looks weak and I only worry that someones going to get hurt"

They did, it was Shane wasn't it? That's what the write up said anyway.

It's my belief Paul Malen wasn't 26th in 2008, I'm pretty sure 2009 was his first entry (don't have time to check!)

It seems that Shane Spyral is just really really annoying rather than being really really shit. I've seen him on some shows and he looks decent. For people who complain that he's skinny he looks better than 1/2 the roster of most shows he's on (FWA excluded).

Now i'm not this kids biggest fan but his FWA exposure has been his downfall here.

Can anyone confirm whether Surf Graffiti can run the ropes yet? I know he couldn't a year or two ago.

Hahah a confirmation for whether he can run the ropes or not :p I seen Surf Graffiti once at a UWA show he botched about 10 times in a Royal Rumble :S So I'd say he probably still cant run the ropes.

How do you botch in a rumble? Not able to get over the top rope?

• Paid Members
It's my belief Paul Malen wasn't 26th in 2008, I'm pretty sure 2009 was his first entry (don't have time to check!)

He was indeed, and here's what was written about in him 2008:

Paul Malen

He's been one of those that's just missed out on a place in the UKFF UK50 for a couple of years now, but 2008 is finally the year he breaks in..... and not only does he break in he leaps to the halfway point in the rankings.

A busy, busy boy, the Stixx-trained Malen is a regular across the East Midlands, Lincolnshire, and the Yorkshire counties, taking dates for NBW, SLAM, RDW, NWL, NGW, GNP, FJW and virtually every other show that runs in that region. Voted Real Deal Wrestling's Wrestler of 2007, the master of the Rock Bottom has also held the NBW Title, the BCC Title, the FJW Title and the GNP British Counties Championship.

After finally standing up to his increasing aggression and abuse, Paul has been involved in a feud with his former partner and mentor Stixx which has been the headline scenario for the fun family-friendly SLAM Wrestling promotion. In February in Melton Mowbray, Stixx distracted Malen, causing a loss to his associate Joseph Conners. This led to Malen and Stixx leading opposing teams of trainee wrestlers against each other in a series of matches on Notingham's SLAM Academy show in March. Malen himself earned the victory for his team by defeating Team Stixx's Tiger X in the main event. All of this was building towards the big grudge match a year in the making - Malen vs. Stixx, one-on-one.

The match itself eventually took place in one of SLAM's most established towns, Corby. Naturally taking up the main event position, Malen overcame the odds (and a vicious DDT on the fancy ramp which was a convincing false-finish) to finally get revenge on the "Heavyweight House of Pain". The feud didn't end there, however, as they faced each other again in a rematch on the next show (May), this time Stixx evening the score after a cheap shot using his signature chain and claim the win in Chesham. The hostilities continued at the next Academy show, where once again they each led teams against each other in a series of matches. Paul once again got one over the egg-headed bruiser as his team ran out winners for a second time, but only after the two of them had clashed again as part of a battle royal. A further Stixx vs. Malen confrontation was to take place the following month in Tamworth, this time as part of an 8-man elimination tag. As it happens, however, Malen was first out and the match was mainly built around Stixx vs. Jonny Storm (based on their standing on previous Tamworth shows).

Away from SLAM and already the reigning FJW Champion, Malen challenged NBW Heavyweight Champion "Playboy" Phil Bedwell for a title vs. title match on FJW's April show. In a 2-out-of-3 falls main event match, Malen beat Bedwell 2-1 to become a double champion. Back in NBW proper, he then defeated "Shooting Star" Kris Travis in a wild, building-wide brawl to retain. He has just beaten Abdullah Qidir in his latest defence and at the time of writing, the next challenge to his reign as the (newly rebranded) NRW Champion comes at the hands of "Mr Bad Attitude" Martin Kirby in September.

A regular for the Gerry Norton-associated promotions as well as the Stixx-aligned groups, Malen is one of the most active wrestlers in the UK, and also becoming one of the most decorated. Though he is having all the success he needs in the region, more appearances further afield and in front of more audiences may well improve his standing in the UKFF UK50 next year.

I'm actually going to be away for a few days now, and so the countdowns will continue when I return later this week.

At a 3CW show earlier this year, he was forced to use the name "Surfin' Barry C" in his squash defeat instead, since it was explained to him that his previous name was stupid, didn't make sense, and had no relevance.

Am I alone in actually liking the name Surf Graffiti?

• Paid Members
At a 3CW show earlier this year, he was forced to use the name "Surfin' Barry C" in his squash defeat instead, since it was explained to him that his previous name was stupid, didn't make sense, and had no relevance.

No, it would be appear him and his family like it as well.

It seems that Shane Spyral is just really really annoying rather than being really really shit. I've seen him on some shows and he looks decent. For people who complain that he's skinny he looks better than 1/2 the roster of most shows he's on (FWA excluded).

Now i'm not this kids biggest fan but his FWA exposure has been his downfall here.

You know if you meet him up close he suddenly dosen't seem so skinny.

Deffinentley not a bad wrestler in terms of being inept but probably just need's to learn that wrestling is more than just doing spots, Is also very wreckless.

• Paid Members

No, I like it too. Although that is slightly negated because he's from Yorkshire, that well known sufin' capital of the world!

~~SHITLIST - No. 13(equal) - Shane Spiral~~

daredevildragons.jpg

(Front - with Flyin' Ryan)

Trains with Nottingham's House of Pain wrestling academy, and is one half of the Daredevil Dragons tag team with Flyin' Ryan. As such, Shane has appeared for House of Pain,

Power Trip Wrestling and, most notably, the new FWA, where he is normally matched against his trainer Stixx in tag bouts.....

Shane manages to annoy fellow wrestlers on shows he is working by constantly asking them what moves they are going to be doing in their matches for him to avoid doing. An admirable thought, you would think, and a sign of someone who knows and understands his role on the card... excpet that Shane pounces on wrestlers immediately as they enter the building to ask them, when they have most likely not even seen their opponent, let alone had time to discuss or even think about what they are going to be doing.....

Despite being tag team partners, Shane and Ryan are apparently ultra-competitive with each other in real life. This was presumably escalated by the fact that Shane's girlfriend dumped him for the lad she'd been seeing behind his back...Ryan..... This competitive edge usually manifests itself as such that in all their tag matches, rather than working as a team, they try to steal each other's spotlight and try to out-fly, out-perform and out-flip each other. For example, a match last year was supposed to have Ryan scoring the win with a 450 splash. Not to be out- done, Shane went to top his partner by hitting a dive just before Ryan's at the end of the match - but it was no ordinary dive, it was a phoenix splash from the top rope onto a single opponent on the floor. Thing is, though, in doing so, he actually broke his ankle on landing.....

"See Suwa's promo on British wrestling. They are OK, at best, when they are the ones in peril, but their offense looks weak and I only worry that someones going to get hurt"

I just want to go on record and mention that Shane always works very, very hard to improve every aspect of his game, i know this because i see him at the school most days. in fact i go on record and say he is in the top 3 as far as working hard to improve and helping others goes. That in itself is worth not being on this list since there are plenty of others in the UK who can't be bothered to improve in the slightest.

Match that with that fact that his selling is great (as said by Alex Shane, Drew MacDonald and Robbie Brookside) and he is always looking to get the other guy over in his matches, i see no reason why he would be on this list, other than the ol' Spud reason of "he's small", which like someone said, isn't actually that true when you meet him and comparing him to 60% of wrestlers in the UK. Maybe a change of gear is in order.

or

judging by the write up, it seems someone has a bit of a grudge with him, possibly from my school, since some of that information is private and not needed on here as it has nothing to do with his wrestling.

Edited by House of Pain