Mafia Mod Topic

Mike Castle

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
Actually, put me down as well. I've got one based on The Thing.

Oh fuck me, that could be immense fun :)

Hopefully. I have thoughts about how this one could work. It'd be very odd, but it could be a lot of fun.

• Paid Members

OK I relent Rons game has reignited my interest, so I have 3 games ready, my Doctor Who one, Marvel Superheroes Mafia & WCW (92 era) Mafia.

• Paid Members

That reminds me, sorry, forgot to slide you in earlier Snake. I've put you back in above me. Not fair to knock others back down.

Also, advice for all upcoming mods. Aim for a 13 player mini. If you aim for higher and find you don't have enough players, you could be sorely disappointed, or we could be waiting forever for people to join in. It's better to have 13 players in a game with some missing out but there as potential replacements, than having all possible players in a game with no chance of getting replacements if absolutely needed.

I'm also still aiming to review all set-ups (I reviewed the current game, and Carbomb's upcoming one has been fully reviewed). It'll mean that unless it's a 100% open game I can't join in, but I can be back-up mod if something goes nutty on your end. It also means that certain issues you may not have seen can be discussed so you have a known solid game ready to go when you hit the top of the queue. Though I will stress that when I review a game I offer changes, I wont demand them unless I see a blatant balance issue (say town having 2 cops, 2 docs, while scum have 2 goons or something like that, though I'm sure nobodies going to attempt that). So don't worry I'll totally change your set-up, that's not the idea at all.

I'm thinking of possibly running a game at some point, don't put me on the list just yet i want to do more research first :) If I do it'll likely be themed probably with some high fantasy style - to name actual franchises: Final Fantasy - Warcraft 3 or maybe even Naruto based. Knowing some of you may not know much about some of them, it'd not be essential to know about it before hand :p

Also, i was wondering if there's much in the way of '1 day mafia games' - Where day phases take perhaps a couple of hours, and night just an hour or something and whether they work well? I think it could be fun to play a smallish game like that where it's blasted through in a day - and i think it could maybe help our play also - we wouldn't have unlimited time to examine posts or make them etc.

Actually, I'm now thinking 'death note' :D

• Paid Members

Not so sure about the quick games, they have those occasionally on MS, but you can't have a real game like that. I also played one in Scum Chat a week or so ago, that while entertaining, was quickly impossible to read properly because of the speed of stuff going by. I fear we would essentially have the same here. It's tough to read through a game that picks up steam as it is, now imagine a game of 9 people all online at the exact same time, posting ridiculously fast. By the time you posted your own stuff, there would be half a page or more of stuff that you've not responded to.

Archived