Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

The Miscellaneous Football Thread

Last night's Brescia-Roma game seemed interesting. Phillipe Mexes was sent off and then went mental, and with a few minutes to go Julio Sergio (Roma's keeper) suffered suspected ankle ligament damage. As Roma had used all there subs, he had to stay on. So he stood there crying. Like, properly, crying his eyes out.

Anyway, they lost and Ranieri is probably getting the sack.

Absolutely marvellous. Serie A has been great so far this season, about 11 times more entertaining than the Premier League or La Liga.

Last night's Brescia-Roma game seemed interesting. Phillipe Mexes was sent off and then went mental, and with a few minutes to go Julio Sergio (Roma's keeper) suffered suspected ankle ligament damage. As Roma had used all there subs, he had to stay on. So he stood there crying. Like, properly, crying his eyes out.

They were talking about this on SSN after the Carling Cup games last night, sounded amazing. Thanks for the links. What a crazy game

Bert Trautman says 'what a fucking pussy' :p

Story of the season so far has to be Mainz in Germany. Not content with beating Wolsburg 4-3 from 3-0 down, they went and won the first 5 games of the season. Not content with that, they made it 6 out of 6 by beating Bayern at the weekend. Unbelievable.

On the flipside of that you have Schalke and their expensively assembled squad which has only rustled up 4 points from their first six games. Showing slight signs of recovery though. I'm loving the Bundesliga and German football as a whole right now.

Me too, It's been excellent. Dortmund look superb too at the moment, Kagawa and Lewandowski have settled in beatifully.

Schalke and Leverkusen making a right mess of it despite some big investment.

Thought i'd put this in here. I play football every week for my local team and the away team had someone filming the game a few weeks ago. I'm the goalkeeper wearing yellow. I got in a couple of decent saves, at about 3.25ish and 4.15ish. Oh and i don't normally play in goal, we just have no goalkeeper atm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e85wsOZrUJo

The amazing thing about Pirlo's long range shooting is that he never hits the ball very hard but he somehow gets the ball to float like no-one else. That shot takes about half an hour to hit the back of the net and the keeper still can't do anything about it.