Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

The Miscellaneous Football Thread

I was going to back Leverkusen as well, amazing result.

I reckon McLaren will be okay at Wolfsburg. They have plenty of attacking quality, they just need to tidy up at the back. The Bundesliga is pretty unpredictable though but I still expect Bayern to take it.

For all you Chelsea fans (spit) wondering where wonder winger Ricardo Quaresma went to, he's at Besiktas now and he played fantastic alongside Guti for them in a 4-1 win at the weekend in which he scored and set up another.

Some decent players in Turkey at the moment. Gala have Elano, Baros, Turan, Neill, Cana, Kewell and Insua on the way. Besikta have Quaresma, Guti, Ernst, Ferarri and Rustu. Fenerbache just signed Niang, who's awesome and they also have Lugano, Alex, Stoch, Emre and Guiza. None of those teams won the league last year either, Bursaspor did.

Some decent players in Turkey at the moment. Gala have Elano, Baros, Turan, Neill, Cana, Kewell and Insua on the way. Besikta have Quaresma, Guti, Ernst, Ferarri and Rustu. Fenerbache just signed Niang, who's awesome and they also have Lugano, Alex, Stoch, Emre and Guiza. None of those teams won the league last year either, Bursaspor did.

I had no idea Niang went to Fenerbache, how much did they pay for him? Seems odd Marseille letting him go after they just won the league on the back of his goalscoring talents.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cheating Bastard Montenegrins.

That is all.

I'm glad I didn't bet on Wales now.

Portugal v Cyprus was the match of the night - 4-4, and some fantastic goals too.

If you're looking for a football fix today, Poland v Ukraine this afternoon is a friendly worth finding a feed for.

Clichy was awful last night for France and was at fault for the goal.

That's all that needs to be said really.

Chris Coleman, hopefully. While Dean Saunders getting the Wales job would mean he'd leave Wrexham, he'd be managing Wales so I still haven't won. My ideal appointment would be Tony Pulis, but I can't see anyone leaving a Premier or Championship team for the job. Coleman is the best choice available at the moment. Many would say Brian Flynn, and he is the best Welsh manager at the moment seemingly, but to give him the top job would undo all the fantastic work he's done with the U-21's and I'prefer him to keep on churning out the quality talents he has done to the senior team, and with a half-decent manager at the helm of the seniors, we could push for 3rd or 2nd place in our groups, much like the days of Sparky in the early 2000's.

Philippe Troussier could be an outsider, apparently.

Troussier? That would be interesting. Mind you, there is a real crop of excellent Welsh players coming through that might be attractive to a higher profile manager.

Troussier went for it when they gave it to Wanky Toshack.

Everyone knew it was a shit appointment then. Why it took 6 years for a parting of the ways (And from Tosh's end as well, for fucks sakes) is a disgrace.

Brian Flynn for me, it's a natural progression.

Kenny Jackett and Tony Pulis have ruled themselves out, unsurprisingly.

I'd love Phillipe Troussier, but for some reason, reckon big Johnny Hartson is in with a shout.