Sign in to follow this  
Devon Malcolm

The Miscellaneous Football Thread

Yes, it's a strange situation - the chairman of Genoa actually straight out said that he actually hopes that Boateng never plays for them because he wants him to have a great season on loan at Milan and then be able to sell him for a profit. It's actually a pretty shitty state of affairs to be using a player like that, but I'm sure Boateng won't mind a season at Milan, although I doubt he will play much.

But Genoa are strong and were fantastic at home last season, I always made sure I had a flutter on them if they were on their home ground. I reckon they could get a Champions League spot.

Yeah, definitely worth a fiver each way. Serie A is becoming more and more unpredictable by the year so they are certainly worth a look.

thats what i was thinking a bit like the german league where most years different sides could win the league due to finances. serie a, you would think inter would win but will players play under rafa. it should be a tight league like most leagues this year.

TNS have a chance to reach the Europa League Group Stage if they beat CSKA Sofia tonight.

Fantastic if they did, but I seriously doubt it will happen.

Meanwhile, looks like Villa are taking the Europa League seriously again judging by their team tonight. When will they fucking learn?

TNS have a chance to reach the Europa League Group Stage if they beat CSKA Sofia tonight.

Yeah it would be great if that happened. I'm not a TNS fan but I do have a connection with TNS history, my nan and her friend knocked on everyone's door in Llansantffraid and raised the money to set up the villiage football team in 1959 and Llansantffraid in the end turned it TNS so I always want TNS to do well and up until a couple of monthes ago my grandad still lived in the villiage.

Meanwhile, looks like Villa are taking the Europa League seriously again judging by their team tonight. When will they fucking learn?

Learn what? I have no idea what your point is there.

You really have no idea what my point was there? At all?

Last season they stuck out their reserves and got knocked out. Tonight they did the same against a team that their first team should have no problem with and have left themselves with something to do. I don't understand why a team like Villa isn't taking the opportunity to take this competition seriously and trying to win it.

Last season they stuck out their reserves and got knocked out. Tonight they did the same against a team that their first team should have no problem with and have left themselves with something to do. I don't understand why a team like Villa isn't taking the opportunity to take this competition seriously and trying to win it.

Because we had loads of injury's at the moment and its not really something we want to win at a cost of something else like a high prem finish or a home soil cup run. Villa are looking at domestic success aka a cup and respectable position in the league, I like the Idea of playing a reserve team for the away leg and and full team for the home. That's what we did last year in the cup's and we ended up in both final's.

Edited by Deaq

Because we had loads of injury's at the moment and its not really something we want to win at a cost of something else like a high prem finish or a home soil cup run. Villa are looking at domestic success aka a cup and respectable position in the league, I like the Idea of playing a reserve team for the away leg and and full team for the home. That's what we did last year in the cup's and we ended up in both final's.

One final. Pompey made the other.

Yes, it's a strange situation - the chairman of Genoa actually straight out said that he actually hopes that Boateng never plays for them because he wants him to have a great season on loan at Milan and then be able to sell him for a profit. It's actually a pretty shitty state of affairs to be using a player like that, but I'm sure Boateng won't mind a season at Milan, although I doubt he will play much.

But Genoa are strong and were fantastic at home last season, I always made sure I had a flutter on them if they were on their home ground. I reckon they could get a Champions League spot.

Yeah, definitely worth a fiver each way. Serie A is becoming more and more unpredictable by the year so they are certainly worth a look.

^ This man knows. In addition to last years cracking form they have also signed some excellent new players for the coming season.

As has been pointed out, one final.

I don't understand why a cup run on home soil would take priority over a cup run in Europe. Plus, I think the revenue that would generate would make a big difference to Villa. I really just don't get this mentality of resting players one game into the season when Villa are almost certainly only going to be looking at nothing better than a Europa League place at the end of it.

Anyone wanting to watch a good match tonight, PSG v Bordeaux should be a good'un - streamed live on bet365 at 8pm. PSG have managed to keep hold of most of their players this summer, including, unfortunately for them, Mateja Kezman. Bordeaux have kept hold of Gourcuff too and should have super David Bellion playing too.

Edited by Gladstone Small

Anyone watch Inter v Atletico? Looks like Benitez is in for a rough ride there, I will be surprised if he lasts longer than a season there.

Best match to watch out for today, I reckon, will be Udinese v Genoa at 5.30 in Serie A. I'm expecting big things of Genoa this season but they need to improve their away form and Udinese are usually pretty good at home. I reckon it could be 2-2.

Couple of cracking games in Germany at the weekend. Steve McLaren's Wolfsburg lost to Bayern in stoppage time last week and then this week they lost 4-3 at home to Mainz after leading 3-0 in half an hour. Bayer Leverkusen, who look the 2nd strongest team in the league on paper, got hammered 6-3 at home by Borussia Monchengladbach. Bayern lost at Kaiserslauten too.

With Schalke chucking a load of money around today, the Bundesliga is looking pretty interesting.