The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I was hoping they'd do that with The Bill. Before they made it hour-long and more like a soap opera, it was gold. But they're releasing all the episodes on DVD, and I just picked up the first three series they did before they made it half-hour long. It's not inconceivable they might start putting out some DVDs of Brookie.

• Paid Members

If you like EastEnders funnies, have some

.Check out his Bottom Poop, that's even better.
What the fuck is that stuff?I don't know what the fuck's behind it, what the joke is, what the premise or the idea is, but it's inexplicably and disturbingly funny, and I really don't know why.

What the fuck is that stuff?I don't know what the fuck's behind it, what the joke is, what the premise or the idea is, but it's inexplicably and disturbingly funny, and I really don't know why.
I fucking love Bottom, but these Poops make it even better.The Brissles chap who does them is a very pleasant chap, too.

4OD have a small selection of key Brookie episodes up :

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=mGoiXePgYxM&s=1982

It's the best theme tune to any soap too, I should add. It feels so wonderfully cookie cutter. I'm not counting The Bill, because that stands alone, and I assume I'm not the only one who has been to the point of doing it a capella during a piss up.

• Paid Members

I fucking love Bottom, but these Poops make it even better.The Brissles chap who does them is a very pleasant chap, too.
cover39.jpg

• Moderators

The last ever episode of Brookie is on there! That's a Cracker, and I don't mean Corkhill's pooch. It's feature length, full of F-words, and quality violence. Oh yeah, and the Grange Hill theme tune.

Overall Eastenders is and always has been the best, but as stated Corrie has Comedy down to a fine art, there was an episode last week when for the entire half hour it was just hilarious. Im also a big big fan of Emmerdale, the rest are dog crap

The last ever episode of Brookie is on there! That's a Cracker, and I don't mean Corkhill's pooch. It's feature length, full of F-words, and quality violence. Oh yeah, and the Grange Hill theme tune.

I hated that when I saw it, mainly because Jimmy Corkhill's monologue about the decline of British telly was overlong and probably went right over the heads of the Big Brother viewers it was aimed at.Interesting Corkhill fact: Dean Sullivan had a long gay affair with Fred Talbot the This Morning Weatherman.

• Moderators

I hated that when I saw it, mainly because Jimmy Corkhill's monologue about the decline of British telly was overlong and probably went right over the heads of the Big Brother viewers it was aimed at.

Interesting Corkhill fact: Dean Sullivan had a long gay affair with Fred Talbot the This Morning Weatherman.

That's true enough, but the lynching of (not pettily named at all) Jack Michaelson more than made up for it. Brilliant.

What did people think of last nights Eastenders and the way they brought the Syed and Christian story to a seeming end? Personally I thought it was a great way to end the storyline in a positive way rather than the tragic and dramatic way you would usually expect it to end.