The Soaps Thread

Steveo2007

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Is there a finer paragraph on Wikipedia than this:

Gail's storylines include her marriage to Brian Tilsley (Christopher Quinten); her vicious feud with her mother-in-law Ivy Tilsley (Lynne Perrie); coping when Brian is killed in a knife attack; marrying the much younger Martin Platt (Sean Wilson); coping when her teenage daughter Sarah falls pregnant at the age of 13; divorcing Martin and marrying serial killer Richard Hillman (Brian Capron); being kidnapped with Sarah, David and her granddaughter Bethany Platt (Emily Walton/Lucy Fallon) by Richard and being driven into the canal by him; her feud with Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver) after her son Todd (Bruno Langley) comes out as gay while dating Sarah; throwing David out after he hides drugs in Bethany's toys; being pushed down the stairs by David after he discovers that she took Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) to a private abortion clinic to terminate a pregnancy fathered by David, marrying Tina's father Joe McIntyre (Reece Dinsdale); being imprisoned for Joe's murder when his plan to fake his own death goes wrong; a feud with David's wife Kylie Turner (Paula Lane); coping with the secret that Kylie slept with Nick and that her unborn baby may not be David's; marrying the burglar who robbed her home, Michael Rodwell (Les Dennis); keeping the secret that Andy Carver (Oliver Farnworth) is not actually Michael's son but an impostor; trying to help David come to terms with Kylie's death; and locking David in the cellar of the Bistro after discovering that he is going to kill Kylie's murderer.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

The new Eastenders set has cost them £87 million to build. Where are they spending that?! Have they created a gold plated statue of Felix the Jew outside the barbers. There should be mass outrage really. Its fucking Eastenders? How can anyone justify spending that much on a shite soap opera set where all people do is look at their shoes and dont move. You could have cardboard up behind the actors and nobody would notice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46521700

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

How rubbish was Corrie's Christmas day episode? Was convinced once Jenny seen Liz had disappeared out of view from her car mirror, she'd reappear, drag Liz out and have a scrap in the street, but nothing.

Impressive table flip from Tim too.

• Paid Members

I gave up on Emmerdale when they cast Gemma Atkinson as fucking Marlon Dingle’s girlfriend. I mean, as wrestling fans I’m sure we can all suspend disbelief better than most. But that was a stretch too far for even soapland. Eric Pollard was always the main eventer for me. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

I gave up on Emmerdale when they cast Gemma Atkinson as fucking Marlon Dingle’s girlfriend. I mean, as wrestling fans I’m sure we can all suspend disbelief better than most. But that was a stretch too far for even soapland. Eric Pollard was always the main eventer for me. 

Pollard IRL appears to be in some shit for making a comment on Twitter that they're female teacher underage grooming plot is every boys dream. I enjoyed Emmerdale, much less screechy.

• 8 months later...
  • Paid Members

This is a long shot but does anyone remember money being stuffed into a native American statue in Neighbours from the 90s? If so what happened to the cash and any other details. I wanna say it was in the Waterhole and was Lou's but I may be inventing that.

47 minutes ago, DEF said:

This is a long shot but does anyone remember money being stuffed into a native American statue in Neighbours from the 90s? If so what happened to the cash and any other details. I wanna say it was in the Waterhole and was Lou's but I may be inventing that.

I did a quick Google search and came up with the following link.  Should just be a case of reading the previous and future episodes. http://www.neighboursepisodes.com/index.php?year=1995&episode=2434