Friendship, Unrequited Love, and Creepiness

NEWM

• Paid Members

Have a look through Midas' old posts. He wasn't exactly known for his restraint in giving it out. If he'd let it go, then the whole pink top saga would have died within a day or so, but he kept fishing for attention. Despite the reputation wrestling fans have, many of us actually do have girlfriends/wives/etc.. and so his bragging cost him.

As I said in another thread, I always imagined him as someone young, dynamic and generally a bit of a cunt. The instant he started with the "look at me with a girl", that image was instantly replaced with someone incredibly pathetic, lonely and bitter.

someone incredibly pathetic, lonely and bitter.

So what does that make the people who mock him then?

Just saying. Anyways I don't always get the 'banter' on here so maybe I'm just way off.

Also to be fair I haven't, nor do I have the desire to, look through shitloads of old posts.

• Paid Members
Just got to say that I think some of the teasing and baiting of the guy is pretty deplorable. I doubt some of you would actually ever say some of these things outside of the internet but that doesn't excuse it. It doesn't matter what medium you carry it out on - he's still a real person who is reading these things. It's not even like you're kids and should know better, some of you are grown fucking men. I can't see the difference between this and outright bullying.

Oh fuck off, Mother Teresa. Midas brought everything on himself firstly and secondly it's a fucking wrestling forum. Anyone who takes it too seriously is either stupid or mentally challenged. Or both.

If you feel so outraged by the content of this thread go do some volunteer work or something. That should give you the moral high you're craving. It'd certainly be more respectable than trying to out-mature a forum full of wrestling fans.

What's it being a wrestling forum got to do with it? Is that a free ticket to be a cunt? And in case you missed it, you're not talking about wrestling, you're discussing someone's personal life.

I'm not craving any moral high ground, just exercising some humanity round these parts.

And as far as being on here 'when it's sunny with your curtains closed' - I'm not the one spending hours ganging up on some bloke on the internet am I?

I can't speak for Twist but I spent about an hour on the internet, with UKFF open, making two responses in this thread then heading out to enjoy my (unattractive male) friend's 19th birthday night out. To be honest, I don't even think Twist has made any contribution to this thread at all, so we're hardly the ones you should be lording your superiority over.

That line about exercising humanity was written like a true upper-class knob, fairplay. If you weren't trying to come across as Mr High-and-mighty then you did an astonishingly poor job of it.

Wrestling forum has a lot to do with it because, deep down, we're all nerdy cunts. It's the ones of us who can actually accept and realise this who come across as the most sound. Midas has always been an attention seeking prick and he was continuously craving some kind of "well done Midas" or "get in there son" and general social acceptance on here yet still acting like an immature bellend in every single one of his posts. It'd be like if I demanded Carbomb vote for me in Poster of the Year then get pissed off when he didn't, write a suicide thread about it and quit the forum. He kept digging the hole and then acted surprised and insulted when the forum buried him.

• Paid Members
Ok well justify it all you want but 'immature bellend'? I'd just say pot, kettle, black for a few people in this thread.

I wont disagree there but c'est la vie.

Coming into this not knowing anyone involved I can understand an accusation of bullying. Yeah, the guy opened himself up to some piss-taking but it's gone beyond that in my opinion. But then that's the nature of the interweb - you get to act the twat with no consequences. You aren't looking the person in the face and you don't have to worry about getting your nose punched into your head. (Not that I'm saying he could do that).

To address one point personally - my best friend for the past 15 years is a woman. She's very attractive but more importantly she's a good friend. And that's where I don't get a lot of the posts. It's like some people really don't seem able to have a female friend without being totally fanny-struck. I have no desire to shag/go out with/marry my friend - it would totally change our relationship (obviously) and my life would be the less for it. Maybe I'm misreading some of the posts to be fair but come on - where's the love? Get MrMidas back here and forget about it. The fashion advice was good!

But then that's the nature of the interweb - you get to act the twat with no consequences.

Until you start posting "me and Megan" pictures, at least. Then there are some consequences.

To address one point personally - my best friend for the past 15 years is a woman. She's very attractive but more importantly she's a good friend. And that's where I don't get a lot of the posts. It's like some people really don't seem able to have a female friend without being totally fanny-struck. I have no desire to shag/go out with/marry my friend

Georgie, you liar! Either she's not attractive or you want to nail her, or you've seen her do a shit or something that put you off. But from the way Midas spoke about his "special" friendship, it was obvious he was head over heels.

But then that's the nature of the interweb - you get to act the twat with no consequences.

Until you start posting "me and Megan" pictures, at least. Then there are some consequences.

To address one point personally - my best friend for the past 15 years is a woman. She's very attractive but more importantly she's a good friend. And that's where I don't get a lot of the posts. It's like some people really don't seem able to have a female friend without being totally fanny-struck. I have no desire to shag/go out with/marry my friend

Georgie, you liar! Either she's not attractive or you want to nail her, or you've seen her do a shit or something that put you off. But from the way Midas spoke about his "special" friendship, it was obvious he was head over heels.

Yeah the consequences were the piss-taking. Even I can see that!!

I never lie! The nearest I can get to that was when she farted in a lift to embarrass me.

I'm just a soft lefty probably to be honest.

from size of vest shes done the emo pic trick of pick of a face close up to hide her mid teens over eating. that and for a pretty face she hangs about with the andy look-a -like shes not scene and seen a lotta buffets.

Are people forgetting that he is 26 (apparently) and she is 18? And that they've been super best friends for about a year. How many 20 somethings on here would entertain the thought of befriending a teenager unless you wanted to smash them? And thats where the problem lies, if he'd just come out and said yeah i'm trying to fuck her, I think it would be more accepted.

• Paid Members
It's like some people really don't seem able to have a female friend without being totally fanny-struck.

A fair few of my friends are female, and while I'm not head over heels for them all, I'm not stupid enough to say no if it was offered. I'm also not stupid enough to start posting on forums "Here's me and my fit mate".

Are people forgetting that he is 26 (apparently) and she is 18? And that they've been super best friends for about a year. How many 20 somethings on here would entertain the thought of befriending a teenager unless you wanted to smash them? And thats where the problem lies, if he'd just come out and said yeah i'm trying to fuck her, I think it would be more accepted.

I'm friends with a girl who should be turning 19 this year, and have known her for two years.

But then I only wound up friends with her because I accidentally tried to stop her killing herself (Work that fucker out). By the same token she's hot and if I had the chance I would. The flaw is I'm a fat ugly fucker and have about as much chance of scoring with her as I do of finding a Pot Noodle that actually tastes good.

Just got to say that I think some of the teasing and baiting of the guy is pretty deplorable. I doubt some of you would actually ever say some of these things outside of the internet but that doesn't excuse it. It doesn't matter what medium you carry it out on - he's still a real person who is reading these things. It's not even like you're kids and should know better, some of you are grown fucking men. I can't see the difference between this and outright bullying.

I think it's pretty evident that he got the shite bullied out of him for a few pages, yeah. Who are you, the bullying police? Give it a try, you might enjoy it.

Cheers,

Howard.

It's like some people really don't seem able to have a female friend without being totally fanny-struck.

A fair few of my friends are female, and while I'm not head over heels for them all, I'm not stupid enough to say no if it was offered. I'm also not stupid enough to start posting on forums "Here's me and my fit mate".

I'm friends with a girl who should be turning 19 this year, and have known her for two years.

But then I only wound up friends with her because I accidentally tried to stop her killing herself (Work that fucker out). By the same token she's hot and if I had the chance I would. The flaw is I'm a fat ugly fucker and have about as much chance of scoring with her as I do of finding a Pot Noodle that actually tastes good.

But you admit you want to fuck her. That's where I disbelieve Midas.

• Paid Members

In all honesty, I wouldn't, mainly because any girl under 20 is younger than my little sister. It'd feel a bit...creepy.

In all honesty, I wouldn't, mainly because any girl under 20 is younger than my little sister. It'd feel a bit...creepy.

Yet you'd smash your cousin.