Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Jessica Jones is a fantastic, well written, series but it's about as far removed from other superhero shows / films as you can get so totally understand why it divides people.

It's worth sticking with and The Purple Man is by far the best villain they've managed to put on screen in either the films or TV.

See I'd say Daredevil is more often the gritty but not interesting one for me. It's so grim in places that I just get bored to be honest. And I never root for him. Where as I actually give a crap what happens to Jessica Jones and Trish. And Tennant is playing an even more mad version of his usual character.

I don't get the fuss about Daredevil at all. I've really tried but it just bores me and I end up doing other things while it's on.

But then I reckon The Flash is the best of all of them anyway.

Warner Bro's have confirmed a Batman film written by, directed by and starring Ben Affleck. Rumours are Will Smith and Jared Leto may also have signed on.

That's the real shit right there.

Inks barely dry on the contract and I'm already excited. Fuck you Justice League.

• Paid Members

Inception!

I think it looks cool, I'm not a Sherlock guy though and I still feel like Cumerbatch is just buzz casting. So many comic characters have to be played by athletic people, this is one of the last interesting colourful lead roles that an older, thinner or more unusual actor could play and I'm not excited by the casting at all.

What I'm trying to say is it should be Nicolas Cage.

AntMan was the most meh for me, I'm still surprised people liked it so much.

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members

I have to say, I quite the fan of Cucumbers after seeing Sherlock.

I think charisma is absolutely dripping off the cunt. My missus went from thinking him ridiculously ugly before she indulged in Sherlock to practically sliding off the leather sofa every time the credits rolled, which is an achievement in itself really.

Nic Cage would have been the greatest bit of genius casting next to Downey Jr as Iron Man and Reynolds as Deadpool. I thoroughly agree with you there!

• Paid Members

Yeah, Ant-Man felt like they rushed a films worth of father/daughter turmoil into a 2 minute montage. Paul Rudd has nice hair though.

I can see Affleck's Batman effort surpassing Nolan's films, or very nearly coming close. He's excellent doing the player/manager gig.

• Paid Members

Looking forward to Dr. Strange. Massively enjoyed the "Strange Tales" series. I agree that Cumberbatch is a bit of a buzz casting (I personally would've cast John Hamm), but I think he's got the gravitas and stateliness to nail the role easily.

• Paid Members

I can see Affleck's Batman effort surpassing Nolan's films, or very nearly coming close.

Batfleck's bits from BVS are already better than Nolan's dry Joseph Gordon Levitt Policeman trilogy. It's not hard though, watching Roger Corman's Fantastic Four, Tim Story's Fantastic Four and Josh Trank's Fantastic Four in a row would be more fun than Nolan's waste of Christian Bale trilogy.

No you don't really need to watch Arrow to watch them.

EDIT - You don't HAVE to but there are crossover characters and I'd probably at least start with Arrow s2.

Certainly Supergirl can be watched straight off the bat as they aren't as yet a shared Universe. Arrow season 3 and Flash Season 1 run parallel. So it goes like this should you want to watch in order (I would, even if you don't have to)

Arrow S1 & S2

Arrow S3 & Flash S1 alternating episodes of each show

Arrow S4 & Flash S2 & DC Legend's of Tomorrow & Supergirl all at once alternating episodes.

I have taken your advice and I'm up to Arrow ep7, I'm enjoying so far, it's feels very light entertainment (which I have no problem with what so ever). Cheers for the advice

• Paid Members

Marvel have allowed reviews to be published for Captain America Civil War as of half an hour ago.

I can't remember the last time a review of a major comic book movie to be released that far in advance of release?

When I read that I thought the studio must be thrilled with the movie, and I've just seen empire's score and they've given it 5 stars.

Its been a while since they've given a comic book movie a 5 star review.

Problem now is we've still got another 2 weeks to wait.

Edited by lambyUK

Marvel have allowed reviews to be published for Captain America Civil War as of half an hour ago.

I can't remember the last time a review of a major comic book movie to be released that far in advance of release?

When I read that I thought the studio must be thrilled with the movie, and I've just seen empire's score and they've given it 5 stars.

Its been a while since they've given a comic book movie a 5 star review.

Problem now is we've still got another 2 weeks to wait.

Have Empire ever given a Marvel film 5 stars? Exciting stuff, like you say though, two weeks to wait.