Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
Trivia: John Stewart as Green Lantern was the first black superhero ever portrayed in comics.

Not true. Black Panther preceded him by about 5-6 years. Also about two years before him was The Falcon.

Goddammit. Bloody Wiki.

Trivia: John Stewart as Green Lantern was the first black superhero ever portrayed in comics.

Even though it's been proven incorrect, i'm still gonna tell all my friends that one, because it's that interesting.

Cheers,

Howard.

• Paid Members
i thought luke cage was around before jon stewart.

Yeah alright, you don't have to rub it in. That Wiki article put up above mentioned a load of guys preceding Stewart. I'm almost certain I read it on Wiki that Stewart was the first black superhero, but obviously I must have read it somewhere else.

He was one of the first black superheroes not to be called "Black [something]", though.

• Paid Members

Yeah alright, you don't have to rub it in. That Wiki article put up above mentioned a load of guys preceding Stewart. I'm almost certain I read it on Wiki that Stewart was the first black superhero, but obviously I must have read it somewhere else.

He was one of the first black superheroes not to be called "Black [something]", though.

He was the first black DC superhero.

• Paid Members

He was the first black DC superhero.

YAY! Got something right, finally.

Speaking of portrayal of black comic book peeps; was anyone bothered about there being a black Kingpin in Daredevil?

MCD is an awesome actor and all that and I know it ment alot to him to play that role but I couldnt have been the only one to say "Hang on a sec, somethings not right here".