Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Wasnt green lanturn black?Also I think we all knew Thor was going to be crap as soon as we realise that HHH wasnt going to play the lead role.Say what you want about his acting but he had the line of the film in Blade 3 "We didnt get caught with our pants down we got fucking ass raped!"..yes

• Paid Members

I've got a feeling Green Lantern will be really good, I think DC comics have a lot to prove after all the successful great Marvel movies, DC's only hits in the last 20 years have been the Batman ones.

Depends how picky you want to get.Watchmen was a hit.And from DC owned prints you have:ConstantineStardustRoad To Perdition.All of which made significant profits and/or got good reviews.
Stardust isn't owned by DC. It was a novel. The only time DC got involved was for a comic adaptation of the novel.

Wasnt green lanturn black?

The Green Lantern that the comics centre around wasn't black - but there are lots of Green Lanterns in the corp. One of them (John Stewart) is black. Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members

I've got a feeling Green Lantern will be really good, I think DC comics have a lot to prove after all the successful great Marvel movies, DC's only hits in the last 20 years have been the Batman ones.

Depends how picky you want to get.Watchmen was a hit.And from DC owned prints you have:ConstantineStardustRoad To Perdition.All of which made significant profits and/or got good reviews.
Stardust isn't owned by DC. It was a novel. The only time DC got involved was for a comic adaptation of the novel.
Sorry mate, it was a graphic novel before it was a novel and the rights are owned by DC for it in that format. Gaiman owns the copyrights for the text alone mind.

• Paid Members

Sorry mate, it was a graphic novel before it was a novel and the rights are owned by DC for it in that format. Gaiman owns the copyrights for the text alone mind.
You know, you're right, and I apologise. The fact that it was primarily text confused itself in my memory.

• Paid Members

Watchmen was amazing, I can't believe I forgot it, one of my top 3 films of all time.As for the others, I'm talking superheroes really.

Thor doesn't have bare arms, WTF?

Thor don't have bare arms in his current costume which I prefer out of all his previous. avengers-23-thor-rage.jpg
Right you are dude, I'm pretty old school with some of these characters, thanks for the education.

• Paid Members

Watchmen was amazing, I can't believe I forgot it, one of my top 3 films of all time.As for the others, I'm talking superheroes really.
Woah there, Hellblazer was a fantastic comic. Dont be putting down Constantine. :p

• Paid Members

Woah there, Hellblazer was a fantastic comic. Dont be putting down Constantine. :p
Doesn't make him a superhero. Although he is a magnificent bastard.However, the movie was utter shite.

• Paid Members

True, though he's closer to superhero than Batman is. Constantine does have supernatural powers at least.

Batman has a functioning moral compass, though.

I actually enjoyed the film, it wasnt a patch on the comics true, but I thought it was pretty good for all that. Horses for courses I guess.

I probably would have enjoyed it more if it hadn't laid claim to the title 'Constantine', and then raped the character.

• Paid Members

True, though he's closer to superhero than Batman is. Constantine does have supernatural powers at least.

Thats debateable. :laugh: I mean more because batman has no superpowers and is a 'hero' not a superhero. I made the mistake of saying Batman was a superhero on a superhero forum and got some right shit from the comic version of ROHbots.Besides, Constantine generally does the right thing in the end. Like Han Solo. :laugh:

I actually enjoyed the film, it wasnt a patch on the comics true, but I thought it was pretty good for all that. Horses for courses I guess.

I probably would have enjoyed it more if it hadn't laid claim to the title 'Constantine', and then raped the character.
True enough, but I think they got the basics right. And thats far better than I expected them to, so I came out of it happy.

• Paid Members

Thats debateable. :laugh: I mean more because batman has no superpowers and is a 'hero' not a superhero. I made the mistake of saying Batman was a superhero on a superhero forum and got some right shit from the comic version of ROHbots.Besides, Constantine generally does the right thing in the end. Like Han Solo. :laugh:
Oh yeah, I got what you mean. The fanboys would possibly get arsey about Bats being a 'vigilante' rather than a superhero, however since he's part of the JLA, I think it can be excused. The thing with John though is that he does what he thinks is the right thing to do. That doesn't always mean that it is - primarily because his moral compass is broken.Incidentally, I think that's one of the things that makes him hands down the best character in comics today. Hell, one of the reasons I write is because I aim to write Hellblazer one day.

True enough, but I think they got the basics right. And thats far better than I expected them to, so I came out of it happy.
He quit smoking and ended up chewing gum. They couldn't have gotten it any more wrong.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah, I got what you mean. The fanboys would possibly get arsey about Bats being a 'vigilante' rather than a superhero, however since he's part of the JLA, I think it can be excused. The thing with John though is that he does what he thinks is the right thing to do. That doesn't always mean that it is - primarily because his moral compass is broken.Incidentally, I think that's one of the things that makes him hands down the best character in comics today. Hell, one of the reasons I write is because I aim to write Hellblazer one day.
I wouldnt say that Batman does the right thing anymore than what he thinks is the right thing. It all comes down to your views on crime and punishment really.

He quit smoking and ended up chewing gum. They couldn't have gotten it any more wrong.
Constantine has tried to quit in the past. OK it lasted about 3 frames, but you know. lol Besides, lets see if he smokes in the sequal. Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

• Paid Members

Also, he's British. It's bad enough we're almost always portrayed as the bad guys, and then Hollywood has to come along and take away one of the few heroes we've ever had.

Wasnt green lanturn black?

The Green Lantern that the comics centre around wasn't black - but there are lots of Green Lanterns in the corp. One of them (John Stewart) is black.

Fair enough, I only know of GL from the Justice League cartoons and he was black. Not as cool as Meteor Man starring Bill Cosby though!

There's a fun question;

Who is the best reprisentative hero or villain (super or not) of each culture/race?

I will go 1st; General Zodd (Kryptonian), bet ya didnt see that one coming?